AVIC411.com

F900BT reboots over and over - Very weird - HELP!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had my F700-BT for about 4 months with no glitches. I have only done the wiring mod for the video playback. Splash screens have been changed and thats it. I was driving with my iphone 3g plugged in to the accessory pioneer cable and it started rebooting. I unplugged the phone and it didnt do it again, plugged the phone back in and immediately rebooted. Today driving to work it was fine, driving home was fine until i pulled into my driveway and rebooting started again. Reading through the posts its the first i have seen with the ipod cable issue. Any advice. I unfortunately bought it from a unauthorized online retailer, if I have to send it into pioneer and idea what the cost is?

F700BT with update applied. I've had it for about 6 months when it started rebooting this week. I deleted the GPS files and so far (20 minutes of drive time) its looking all better. I am very relieved that I don't have to send the thing back to 1925 E. Dominguez St. Long Beach, CA again. Thanks everyone!

UPDATE: the problem is back today. It happened while I was making a call on a phone I had hooked up via bluetooth.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR MESSAGE

For future reference, anyone that has a problem please provide a brief answer to the following list so that we can help you better and avoid multiple messages until we get an idea what the problem could be.

First please list the model of you Avic unit (F90BT, F900BT, F700BT, etc.)

1) Past issues (reboots, freezing)

2) Have you (or professional) upgraded your Avic to the latest update

3) Did the issue start before or after the update, if applicable?

4) Did the issue start after a hack, a mod or a bypass?

5) How long have you had the hacks, mods or bypass?

6) How long has the unit worked without a problem?

With these questions, I am trying to gather information to a pattern of some sort that may have caused the issue that you are experiencing. If you have noticed a pattern, please describe it.

If somebody would like to add a question that would be helpful in troubleshooting, please pm.

vegaslaptop

vegas and community,

new to avic411, but I read all previous posts concerning this matter and other posts as well. I'll follow your format above and see if we can resolve this. Preferrably quick - roadtrip tomorrow if you know what I mean. I own the f900bt and the only other past issue I've had with the unit is while playing mp3's from usb it decides to cut off and start another mp3 whenever it feels like it (i've already read other posts concerning this matter so this is not the issue at the moment). My unit was purchased from Crutchfield and came delivered with the 2.0 update. I have absolutely no mods or hacks of any kind on my unit. I even have the parking break splice correctly installed. As far as intall is concerned (everything verbatim as installation manual except speed cable and reverse cable I haven't had a chance to work with yet). The has worked without foul until last week (other than mp3 issue) so I decided to call Pioneer. I agree with evey previous poster and add that they seem very incompetent. Here is why I'm submitting this post. I feel my issue is just a little bit different. Everyone else seemed to have this happen during gps mode. I was just listening to mp3's on the usb screen. My unit decided to do one of it's "I feel like switching to the next mp333333 now" thing and voila! Constant rebooting! Here's the even more weird thing. I get in my vehicle, turn the unit on, I can sit there for 20 minutes with no reboots whatsoever but the second (literally) I place the car in drive and press the gas pedal it starts the rebooting sequence over and over. I performed your earlier instructions to the T and still reboots while once I start driving only. I placed the testmode SD card in, turned unit on, deleted files necessary, etc... Still rebooting! Sorry for the long post guys, but I felt the problem was a little bit different so I wanted to be as descriptive as possible. Plus, I'm a computer systems administrator for a large corporation and the thing I can't tolerate the most is someone calling for support and their response is, "this one thing keeps doing this." That's very helpful. Anyways, any assistance would be appreciated and any successful results will be gladly be compensated for. Thank You!

I suppose you can add me to the list of reboot in hell here. I have read through this post, wiki and sepnt some time last night trying to delete the files noted, both from 0 through 3 and backwards and no luck still. I am wondering has anyone tried, rather than deleting those files, replacing them with known NON corrupted ones? Instead of letting the reboot create new ones, simply copy paste good files to the system.

I am curious, otherwise looks like I will be downloading the clean system backup from the other thread.

What's the eject button trick?

Hold down eject while it's booting up.

I was having issues getting my system to even go into testmode, and the eject button trick let me boot long enough to get there. After that I followed the instruction on the wiki page (cut/paste instead of delete). I also did the Cmh928 mod at the same time.

I am sorry if I have not been able to respond to anybody. I had some personal things to take care of.

krnfrk6663,

I agree with minifreezer. You have to make sure of the model number of the stock you are downloading. If it is a software issue going back to stock would reset you to a normal boot. If after that it's still occurring, then I am out of options for you. Unfortunately, you will have to send it to Pioneer.

08STX,

Does the iphone have a file (non-music extension file) loaded with Itunes. I have seen a similar behavior when the system tries to read a file but it's not the right extension and crashes. Another thing... seems like the splash screen mod is a common denominator for people that have the reboots. I think 2-3 other users have mentioned that have experienced this issue and had splash screen mod. I maybe way off but I am noticing this trend for now. Replacing a mod that is sized properly should not have any effect on this but I am trying to gather commonalities. If everything else fails, follow the link to download stock and try it without the splash screen for a while.

clickonchris,

Did your issue start with the phone initially? What phone are you using? When you placed the phone call were you using the gps (did you punch in an address)?

Whiggitha,

First thank you for the thorough message. This helps a lot when trying to troubleshoot as you already know. First, on the mp3 issue - are you listening through a usb flash or a usb hard drive? Have you tried another usb device to see if the issue is back? I like loading my music on a SD (personal preference). I have a feeling yours might be an alternator issue. I am by no means a car mechanic but maybe the alternator can not generate enough power and that's why the moment you start to drive it start to reboot as the power is now shifting. I know it's all of a sudden but could the alternator be going bad. This is just one thought. The other, hopefully more helpful, is to replace to stock settings. I know you already have stock but during these reboots a file may have gotten corrupted.

Scratchy,

I will try to post the ones from my F90BT for download later. Hopefully this will help you. Did your reboots start when you were using the gps?

Cheers

what does it mean if it boots up, goes into test mode 5-10 secounds later turns off but the fan is still going ? pioneer are saying a wire issue iv looked and they are fine they are saying i can send it to a repair not them an external company and pay barring in mind its less than a week old or send it back to where i got it from which was in the states and they are saying i have to pay for postage even though they have sold me a faulty item. any help before i send the item back thanks

clickonchris,

Did your issue start with the phone initially? What phone are you using? When you placed the phone call were you using the gps (did you punch in an address)?

I don't think I was on the phone at the time. The bluetooth connection was active but I had the phone hooked up via bluetooth for a couple of months. Its a palm centro.

The problem seems to have calmed down since I disabled bluetooth...

deleting the files worked for me. however when ever im listening to music on my sd card with my gps on. theres this really annoying static/noice that starts coming out and doesnt stop until i switch to a different track. it only happens after i pass 200-220km/h though.

Damn, Mine just started the reboot problem. By what I have gathered, my problem may be fixed with the file delete fix, as I am doing a constant reboot at splash screen, not every 5 minutes, or whatever.

My head unit is sitting out in the driveway (in truck of course), SD card with Test Mode files installd, and doing it's constant reboot in hopes it gets to the point where it will enter testmode. Mine would reboot over and over, and twice in 2 days, it actually rebooted to a user interface. I would have to guess at least 50 tries before it got there.

Will let you know if it works.

Hello everyone,

Yet another person here with the reboot problem. :(

Glad I'm not alone!

So here's what I have

900BT updated to 2.0 (months ago)

Unit is about 5 months old

Never had any issues before at all

Parking brake is software disabled

issue started occuring when I tried to pair my new iphone 3G. I was having issues getting it to pair so I opened up the list of previously paired devices and deleted my old phone. After this (and I don't know if this is what triggered it but if not it's a strange coincidence) I got the warning message about the parking break not being connected properly and my unit began the reboot loop. The unit will function about long enough to get to the map, and follow me for about a minute before rebooting.

It's worth noting that I've had the parking break warning message pop up on occation in the past, but I just simply hit ok and ignored it. This would happen once every couple months or so, never been an issue before. Like many others I don't believe this is a parking break related issue.

The other interesting issue is that the problem does not seem to occur when there is no GPS signal. At first I thought it was just when the car was stopped that it didn't occur, but now I'm thinking it's because I park underground.

What I've tried:

1.) Deleting the GPS files mentioned earlier in the thread

2.) Uploading a different DATA.ZIP file

3.) Deleting the User Data folder

4.) Completely overwriting the files on my flash drive with an older backup

None of this has changed the problem at all.

What I haven't tried:

Restoring the system to all original files on the flash drive. I'm unsure if the F90 files posted in this thread are valid for the 900BT, can someone confirm this or point me in the direction of the 900BT files?

If anyone has other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. I'm extremely frustrated with the unit at this point.

EDIT***

I decided to do some further testing. Sat in a parking lot with the car running for a good 5 mins with GPS linked up to the satalights. No problem. As soon as I started driving, the reboot happened again. :(

I'm really starting to lose my mind over this.