AVIC411.com

F900BT reboots over and over - Very weird - HELP!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added Wiki writeup on this issue. Please let me know or edit this if my information is incorrect!

http://avic411.com/wiki/index.php/Constant_Reboot_Loop

Good job! The solution of deleting the gpspara files does not work for everyone however, which is important to note. Including me... I had to completely replace all the system files as provided by gsxr 1k. (Big thanks to him!)

1. Put the SD Card with the testmode folders in the root directory of the SD Card.

2. Turn the ignition on

3. In testmode go to Start->Programs->Windows Explorer

4. Click on "My Flash Disk" and you will see a bunch of folders and files

5. Click on Edit menu and select all (or at least the files you are planning to delete - gpspara0.bin, gpspara1.bin, gpspara2.bin and gpspara3.bin)

6. Go up one level to see the SD Card that you used to boot into test mode

7. Double click, Edit menu and paste

8. Go back to the "My Flash Disk" root directory and delete the above mentioned files

9. Turn off the ignition and take the SD Card out

10. Turn your ignition on and it should work just fine.

Let me know if it helps.

THIS METHOD WORKS!!CONFIRM!!

vegaslaptop,

i follow the steps describe above, and sure enough it worked like a charm. i drove 20 minutes on freeway which is close to my house, and sure enough i could watch videos, music and gps, without the intruption of rebooting of every 2 minutes which had been giving me pain in the ass for about a month. i have tried everything, i even bought the new rca and audio harness to ensure that i didn't had problems in hardware. i cannot imagine the fix was deleting couple of files, i spend about 150$ in labor and wires train to fix this problem....pity i haven't seen this post before. anyways to top it off, i would like to thank "vegaslaptop" for the fix and i want to request your paypal email so i can donate you a small token of appreciation!!! thanx

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!

hey guys im having the same problems most of yall are but i think mines a little different. at first my unit started rebooting every 2 minutes or so, but now it doesnt even reboot. when i start the car it will show the splash screen for about 35 seconds and then just completely go black. i thought it might be a power problem but when i do the hard restart the same thing happens, comes on then shuts off, so it has to have power. i tried to boot into testmode and follow vegas' directions but it shuts off right before the "copying files" bar finishes loading. im thinking i should just send it back to pioneer and get a new one but this is the second time this year and its becoming a pain in the a**.

anyone have any ideas?

o4gmc,

I am sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. Unfortunately, if you can not even get in testmode (or not long enough to delete the files) all you can do is send it to Pioneer. Before this started happening did you install the latest update (2) from Pioneer? Did you have any mods or hacks installed?

vegaslaptop

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR MESSAGE

For future reference, anyone that has a problem please provide a brief answer to the following list so that we can help you better and avoid multiple messages until we get an idea what the problem could be.

First please list the model of you Avic unit (F90BT, F900BT, F700BT, etc.)

1) Past issues (reboots, freezing)

2) Have you (or professional) upgraded your Avic to the latest update

3) Did the issue start before or after the update, if applicable?

4) Did the issue start after a hack, a mod or a bypass?

5) How long have you had the hacks, mods or bypass?

6) How long has the unit worked without a problem?

With these questions, I am trying to gather information to a pattern of some sort that may have caused the issue that you are experiencing. If you have noticed a pattern, please describe it.

If somebody would like to add a question that would be helpful in troubleshooting, please pm.

vegaslaptop

vegas sorry i wasnt more specific, ive had my 90bt since december with the version 2.0 already installed, i dont have any mods besides the hardware bypass and ive never had any problems with it before. the problems started about 3 weeks ago with the rebooting then led to the problem i mentioned below. thinking about it more now, the problems started a few days after i uploaded a new splash screen (for the first time). in fact the 90bt i had previously (also with the updated 2.0 firmware) started acting up right after i uploaded a new splash screen. not sure if that means anything just something i noticed.

thanks in advance for any suggestions

I had a F900BT installed in my 2007 Jetta in late september 2008.

About 2 weeks ago the endless reboot cycle started.

The dealer told me that I would have to let them send it to Pioneer for repair.

Instead I tried deleting the 4 files detailed earlier in this thread with immediate success. 5 days later, still no problem.

Many thanks to vegaslaptop for that timely post!

I'm having the same issue, I also deleted the files mentioned, and it worked that night. I played around resetting the EQ, and the next morning it was back to rebooting. Played around with the EQ some more before leaving work, it didn't reboot the whole time until I got a little way down the road, and started it all over again. Repeated boots. Only mods I have installed is the all-in-one thing, and a custom splash screen. Any ideas? I'm going to put the stock "Flash disk" back on here soon, and see if that helps. Haven't even had this thing for a month. -_- If it helps, it started when trying to GPS my way back home, while listening to music.

I forgot to mention, each time it didn't reboot, I didn't move out of park.

I'm having the same issue, I also deleted the files mentioned, and it worked that night. I played around resetting the EQ, and the next morning it was back to rebooting. Played around with the EQ some more before leaving work, it didn't reboot the whole time until I got a little way down the road, and started it all over again. Repeated boots. Only mods I have installed is the all-in-one thing, and a custom splash screen. Any ideas? I'm going to put the stock "Flash disk" back on here soon, and see if that helps. Haven't even had this thing for a month. -_- If it helps, it started when trying to GPS my way back home, while listening to music.

I forgot to mention, each time it didn't reboot, I didn't move out of park.

You can try getting into testmode and deleting the files in the user data folder. that has helped people and i think that might help you. After you deleted the gpspara files it worked fine untill you went and set your EQ. All of your personal settings fo audio video and contact are saved in the userdata folder, and if any of those files are corrunpt you will get reboot issues. As far as going back to stack oand now it will not boot up sounds like your stock data.zip is looking or a file that CMH AIO has eith replaced or deleted. You can try to install a backup of the whole unit (hopefully you backed it up before hacking). If you need a stock back up you can try this link http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21618&p=160394&hilit=f90bt+backup#p158522

Good luck and hope you get it fixed

Well, I would mess around with it, but the guy that installed it pulled it out of the dash and I don't feel compfortable to pull the dash off and put it back. :-\ They're saying I have to send it in. :( I don't want to, but it's free. Through BB. Maybe I should since it's already out.