AVIC411.com

F900BT reboots over and over - Very weird - HELP!!

1) Past issues (reboots, freezing) -- None

2) Have you (or professional) upgraded your Avic to the latest update -- 3.01 Myself

3) Did the issue start before or after the update, if applicable? -- months after the update

4) Did the issue start after a hack, a mod or a bypass? -- nope, stable for weeks

5) How long have you had the hacks, mods or bypass? -- months

6) How long has the unit worked without a problem? -- months

I have an f90bt, unofficial 3.0 upgrade, then to 3.01. been running IDT's skin for months with no issues at all. the other night i got stuck in the reboot loop. managed to figure out that the reset eject would allow the unit to boot normally and proceeded to do a fresh install of 3.0 and then 3.01. seemed to fix it, then i would randomly reboot. i tried the steps listed here (deleting the bin files, the files in the save dir) but it still will randomly reboot. I have now noticed that it only seems to reboot when i receive a phone call via bluetooth (iphone). within seconds of connecting the call, the unit reboots, loads back up and seems to be fine. can something in the BT files have become corrupt? i turned off BT and the unit seems to not be rebooting. (sorry if this is a stupid question) can i use the BT update on pioneer's website even though i have upgraded to 3.01?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Vegas deleting the 4 files worked for me... My 900 was rebooting over and over at the splash screen. It would work sometimes, then do the same thing. Oh and I deleted the files in the order from 3-2-1-0. I updated the firmware to 3.0 a few weeks ago, not sure if that had anything to do with it. Pioneer really fuked up on this, I wonder it the new 2010 models are gonna have the same problems...

Hi today i had updated my sd card with new music and when i went to load it in, it gave me a fatal error exception and from there on i started getting the constant reboot. Ive been pulling my hair trying to figure out how to fix this problem. I removed all the gps files numerous times, i removed the imgr file that was dated to today right before it started giving me the restart. Is there any other way that this could be fixed? maybe with a 3.0 install or something? please help mee. I dont want to send it in to repair because its such a pain in the neck reconnecting it and i need music!! There were no other files in the igo folder with todays date but that file. I noticed someone mentioned to delete all the sub folders but where are those located? PLEASEEEE HELP

i did a hard reset by pressing the reset and the eject button for ten seconds then letting go of the reset button and now the restart problem went away and now i have a constant system statup is in progress please wait message and my gps doesnt work because i cant get past the caution message where you have to press ok. What can i do to fix this?

• 1 month later...

Okay, I went threw and removed the four "corrupt" files and restared the unit, and it did the same thig over again.

So I was curious and went and check it and the four files were back, as stated, but the issues is still there. Any other suggestions?

What's going on guys?

Well just like the rest of the users in this thread, I am having the same issue. I was able to start my F900BT using Safe Mode SD and deleted all 4 GPSDATA*.BIN files. I shutoff the ignition, remove the SD card and start the car again. As long as the car is parked the radio stays on just fine; however, as soon as I start moving the unit displays the following warning and it reboots:

Caution!

System detected improper connection of Parking brake lead. Please check your configuration for safety. Please see operation manual for more information regarding safe operation.

I've had this radio since 2008 and never had this issue until the last month where I pretty much have been driving without being able to listen to music.... I've made sure that my Pioneer.ini has 200mph for parking_brake_speed which has been like that since day one yet i'm still having this issue.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i changed my car yesterday and took my satnav out of my old car and into my new car today.

the prob i have is in both cars, whether its on dvd, radio, cd, usb whatever, it plays fine whilst the car isnt moving but when being driven, the whole unit cuts out around every 40 to 60 secs

this started about 2 months ago in the old car and is still the same in the new one

today ive been having a play around disconnecting various things, and ive found it all works fine if i disconnect the gps antenna !!

i purchased another gps antenna and fitted that to the unit, but still the same.

i have just finished reading this 10 page post, i find it very informative and looks like theres a few guys on here that really know their stuff !

i will be fitting my unit back into the car sometime this week, and will try the suggetions on this post to resolve my fault, hopefully :D

What's going on guys?

Well just like the rest of the users in this thread, I am having the same issue. I was able to start my F900BT using Safe Mode SD and deleted all 4 GPSDATA*.BIN files. I shutoff the ignition, remove the SD card and start the car again. As long as the car is parked the radio stays on just fine; however, as soon as I start moving the unit displays the following warning and it reboots:

Caution!

System detected improper connection of Parking brake lead. Please check your configuration for safety. Please see operation manual for more information regarding safe operation.

I've had this radio since 2008 and never had this issue until the last month where I pretty much have been driving without being able to listen to music.... I've made sure that my Pioneer.ini has 200mph for parking_brake_speed which has been like that since day one yet i'm still having this issue.

Any ideas?

Your bypass isn't done correctly. Whether software or hardware...

hi, right i got the hu back in the car.

i downloaded the ver 2.3 testmode to an sd card, put in hu powered up pushed reset and eject at same time for 5 secs then released reset whilst holding in eject button for a few secs more......... the lights were pulsing but didnt go into testmode at all, just went through the normal start up sequence each time i tried.

i feel it would be quite easy to delete the neccessary files when i can eventually get into testmode !! lol

have i done something wrong ?

cheers guys