AVIC411.com

Erm........ that's a bit like saying a dinner plate receives the same signals.......... or your Avic GPS receives the same signals. They both do, of course, but the thing is, they won't both neccessarily work. Different types of radio/micro wave transmissions require the (same) appropriate antenna to gather the signal before it's processed by the receiver. So I still think what you said is wrong, but if I ever see a car with a dinner plate attached to it's roof, I'll have a pretty good idea who is driving :wink:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my digital tv tuner, but it came with a non-amplified antenna

http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?model=PLTVATSC1

I order this ground loop insulator to stop engine noise

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2062214

I ordered 2 amplified antennas, ill put one in the front window and one in the back window

http://www.summitaudiocenter.com/ATSC-D ... 32827.html

I ordered this to connect 2 antennas in one connection

RF VHF UHF TV F-Type 1 Male 2 Female T Connector GT

Installing the tuner was easy, i took the red & black wire from the tuner and 2 antennas spliced them in the cigirate lighter + & - wires, and the tuner remembers the channels when power is turned off since my car cuts off accessories when the key is removed which is what i want to save the battery

• 2 weeks later...

if you have a sprint HTC touch pro, you can video out rom your phone, either sprint TV or streamed from your home pc with orb.

there is a software hack that allows you ot use the plug that came with the phone, and a standard ipod type of wire.

for more info go to ppcgeeks.com and do a search.

I may end up doing this..

• 3 weeks later...

hello everybody just have a couple of questions but not really clear on the answer im looking for basically i bought the artec evrything works fine my thing is that i have a minivan with built in coaxil antenna but all i get is 6 channels now i dont know if i need a better anttena an anttena booster and witch good anttena or maybe is the location im in i live in west palm beach florida please help thanks car is apart and want to put things away thanks

Erm........ that's a bit like saying a dinner plate receives the same signals.......... or your Avic GPS receives the same signals. They both do, of course, but the thing is, they won't both neccessarily work. Different types of radio/micro wave transmissions require the (same) appropriate antenna to gather the signal before it's processed by the receiver. So I still think what you said is wrong, but if I ever see a car with a dinner plate attached to it's roof, I'll have a pretty good idea who is driving :wink:

Wiretap is 100% correct on this. A tv antenna with the same reception characteristics is the same regardless of claims to be 'HD' or otherwise. All you're looking for is for it to be tuned to the appropriate frequency range and have the correct focus type (omni, directional, etc) and adequate gain. An antenna with higher gain will have a narrower focus. The advertising claim of some antennas to be designed for HD or digital purposes is complete garbage. The data coming across the antenna has nothing whatsoever to do with its design.

I've been reading and reading.....

This is like korean for me. So let me get this right:

I need a HDTV box (I have those 40 coupons for)

I also need a antenna that will fit somewhere in my trunk

I think hook up the two

I think hook the out put in to the back of my AVIC to input 2

Can someone help me here? Does anyone have any pictures?

Thanks

Hmmm,

looks like something i wanna have in my car as well.

Now i live in Holland, can i buy the exact same equipment i see other people buy in usaon this forum?

If not What do i buy? maybe any of you dutch/belgian forummembers could help me out?

Tom

Hmmm,

looks like something i wanna have in my car as well.

Now i live in Holland, can i buy the exact same equipment i see other people buy in usaon this forum?

If not What do i buy? maybe any of you dutch/belgian forummembers could help me out?

Tom

US TV tuner will not work, since US, as usual, has their own digital TV scheme that is incompatible with anything else. In Holland, I guess, you'd need some kind of DVB-T receiver...