AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

So far, so good. But the pressing of the camera icon does not cancel the warning. I think it is right here in the 800_480_speedcam file:

;<> Start
;

;<> End

It is commented out to disable it. I will un-comment it and try it.

Yeah, I know this isn't working properly, the code that is commented out is the original and that never seemed to do anything. I found a new script that I call now from the on release of the icon. It does cancel an average speedcam warning (my main reason for doing this as sometimes I get one that doesn't turn off due to the way they work) but not any other cameras, I think I missed out a bit of code but when I added it it still didn't work (this little bit is not in my data.zip). I think it may have been from an 8.3 version that doesn't work on ours but I am not sure. It's on my list of things to try and sort but have been looking at adding options to the menu system so the speedcam warnings options can be tailored from there without having to edit data.zip and make sure it works in mph & kph so I havent got around to it.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

Matt,

Having kph and mph both in the datazip would be a great thing to have. The system does have a setting to display kph or mph or ft or meters so maybe there could you could code it to say if setting is in mph use mph voice, if setting is in kph use kph voice?

Is that possible? Then it wouldn't matter what speed system your country used.

Does your mod fix the map from not rotating in 2D mode or do you know of a fix for that?

It's been only posted what... a thousand times here? THERE IS NO FIX. It's a feature. By design. Can not be helped.

Matt,

Having kph and mph both in the datazip would be a great thing to have. The system does have a setting to display kph or mph or ft or meters so maybe there could you could code it to say if setting is in mph use mph voice, if setting is in kph use kph voice?

Is that possible? Then it wouldn't matter what speed system your country used.

Yeah, I'm working on it now, I first tried using the unit of the camera but that didn't seem to work. I'm not sure variables or setting stores the system units so I'm currently trying to make my own for the speed camera warnings. My plan at the moment is to add a custom option to the camera audible warning setting and then a subscreen where you can set the warnings to be in mph or kph. Eventually this screen will have other settings so things like warning volume, distance to alert etc so it can be customised to the warnings behave as the user wants rather than how I want!

Toggle between Time/ETA to dest

Toggle between Time/ETA to Waypoint

Toggle between distance to dest/distance to waypoint

Just exactly how are these features supposed to work??

Thanx! :)

In the route info box, if you have a setting that is distance to dest and then click the chequered flag icon it should change to the yellow distance to waypoint flag and show distance to waypoint. Likewise if you have a time to dest showing and click the icon it will change to ETA to dest (and back when you press it again) and the same goes for time to waypoint.

Hi Matt

Thank you very much for taking the time & trouble to share your modifications with us all.

I have just loaded the mods on my 900BT, and going off to see how they look, but first impressions look great.

Pioneer should be beating a path to your door, as you have transformed by screen from un-user friendly to a screen that is clear and visible.

Regards

tony in London

Just been out for a couple of miles test drive with Matts mods, and all is 100%, however I still seem to get the barking dog!!

Regards

Tony in Enfield

Strange, I haven't heard the barking dog since I started running this mod. I would check that the audible warning in the settings menu is set to disabled, the mod should disable it automatically but I would check and if it isn't set to disabled then set it and try again.

Matt

I've added kph warnings to my data.zip, whether you get warned in mph or kph can now be set in the warnings settings screen. Please see the original post for details.

I'll be adding more options to the settings subscreen soon to try and make this whole area as customisable as possible as I have hard coded some options in the data.zip that may not be to every bodies taste.