AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

Matt,

One tiny problem I've come across for us annoying kph folk is that 100kph doesn't quite fit in the red circle anymore. What's the best solution? Make the sign bigger or small numbers?

Michael

i think the best way to go is for you to add width value so that if it goes to 100kph it will shrink

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

Matt,

One tiny problem I've come across for us annoying kph folk is that 100kph doesn't quite fit in the red circle anymore. What's the best solution? Make the sign bigger or small numbers?

Michael

I had a quick look at this and I made a couple of small tweaks to the speed limit to display to cope with this.

Replace the txt_Speedlimit line in navigatemap800_480.ui with the one below. I hardcoded the speed limit to be 100 and it fit in the red circle so if you can try this and let me know if it works and I'll add it to my next data.zip.

Cheers Matt, I've changed that code and will test tomorrow.

I can also confirm that the kph audio files work great on my fake 40kph speed camera at the end of the street. It's great to have a spoken warning rather than beeping. Thanks for your help getting it working.

Also you mentioned this in an earlier post "The traffic screen is called up by pressing the icon next to the current street name" What icon should I be looking for? Do I have to have a route selected to get the TMC icon?

I'm currently pulling my car to bits to ground the handbrake, much to the amusement of my wife who thinks I'm getting far to obsessed with my car stereo. My unit was installed professionally before I found this site and having looked at all the wires hanging out the back of the unit I've decided to just do the software/handbrake mod. At least the handbrake wire is easy to remove and ground.

I can also confirm that the kph audio files work great on my fake 40kph speed camera at the end of the street. It's great to have a spoken warning rather than beeping. Thanks for your help getting it working.

Also you mentioned this in an earlier post "The traffic screen is called up by pressing the icon next to the current street name" What icon should I be looking for? Do I have to have a route selected to get the TMC icon?

I'm currently pulling my car to bits to ground the handbrake, much to the amusement of my wife who thinks I'm getting far to obsessed with my car stereo. My unit was installed professionally before I found this site and having looked at all the wires hanging out the back of the unit I've decided to just do the software/handbrake mod. At least the handbrake wire is easy to remove and ground.

keep us posted lacehim... and if complete can you post your updated data.zip with voicefiles so others in kphland can enjoy as well..

It's already on rapidshare ready to download with the kph voices (check out my post on Page 2). It's only missing GTIMatt's change for the 100kph sign which I will upload tomorrow. It's based on his original data.zip so other requested mods won't be in there yet.

It's already on rapidshare ready to download with the kph voices (check out my post on Page 2). It's only missing GTIMatt's change for the 100kph sign which I will upload tomorrow. It's based on his original data.zip so other requested mods won't be in there yet.

yes i know, but i will just wait till your update tomorrow to get the 100kph sign correct as well...

Good job mate... appreciate your efforts

Hey Matt I would like to use your Mod on my F500BT as I really like what you have done to the Map screen. I don't much care about the speed cam stuff, not that its not useful but I live in the US and their aren't many around where I live. That brings me to my question, since I live in the US will this mod cause problems? How do I go about changing everything to miles per hour?

Thank You.

Hey Matt I would like to use your Mod on my F500BT as I really like what you have done to the Map screen. I don't much care about the speed cam stuff, not that its not useful but I live in the US and their aren't many around where I live. That brings me to my question, since I live in the US will this mod cause problems? How do I go about changing everything to miles per hour?

Thank You.

The cam stuff is turned on in the data.zip but if you have no camera's around then you wouldn't notice, you can make a small change to the file to turn them off.

I live in the UK so we use miles per hour too so you shouldn't have to make any changes for that.

The is an icon on the very bottom right of the screnn, if you look closely it's a road with a red arrow on it. If you press that then it should give you the traffic screen.

Hey GTI I'v been using your mod for only a day and I'm very impressed with the clean look of it.

I would like to know if I can change the blue boxes color to an orange only because it would match my dash (you know the nissan orange) If not it doesn't matter its just something i thought would look cool.

Also do I have to turn on the red cam mod because I have 2 by me and it didn't do anything to warn me.

Thanx in advance.

This is awesome!!

What do I need to change in order for it to work with North American standards? i.e; MPH on the speedo, (maybe a "speed Limit" sign)if I tweak this part of the code with some U.S. stuff

;<> Start

;<> End

, 12/12 hour format on the clock, month/day/yr calendar format,(probably U.S. satellite dependant so this is probably a null point) ...and is the latest version of your DATAZIP inclusive of all U.S. warning sounds?

I want to incorporate my current speedcam warning box mod to this which is a bigger red .bmp that pops up in the middle of the screen. Shoud be an easy rewrite of the "speedcam_ui" file into yours.

Otherwise I love this!

Thanx in advance for the help

As you would say.."Cheers" :D

Bud

Hey GTI I'v been using your mod for only a day and I'm very impressed with the clean look of it.

I would like to know if I can change the blue boxes color to an orange only because it would match my dash (you know the nissan orange) If not it doesn't matter its just something i thought would look cool.

Also do I have to turn on the red cam mod because I have 2 by me and it didn't do anything to warn me.

Thanx in advance.

The redlight warnings aer working fine for me. Do you see the visible warning as you approach them? You need to have speedcam warnings turned on for this to work.

You could make the boxes whatever color you like if you are comfortable with basic imaging editing.

This is awesome!!

What do I need to change in order for it to work with North American standards? i.e; MPH on the speedo, (maybe a "speed Limit" sign)if I tweak this part of the code with some U.S. stuff

;<> Start

;<> End

, 12/12 hour format on the clock, month/day/yr calendar format,(probably U.S. satellite dependant so this is probably a null point) ...and is the latest version of your DATAZIP inclusive of all U.S. warning sounds?

I want to incorporate my current speedcam warning box mod to this which is a bigger red .bmp that pops up in the middle of the screen. Shoud be an easy rewrite of the "speedcam_ui" file into yours.

Otherwise I love this!

Thanx in advance for the help

As you would say.."Cheers" :D

Bud

Most of the stuff is dependant on your setup so if your settings use AM/PM and mm/dd then my mod should display them like that. I use mph here so that side of it is fine and I know others here using my mods using km/h and they all display properly.

Yeah, you can just tweak that bit of code to play about with the speed limit display, I've seen others with US style speed limit signs but I think the area I have used would be too small to fit a graphic like that in but you never know!

At the moment there are only sounds for the UK limits which are 30,40 etc and I know the US limits end in 5 so you would get some funny warnings either for 5mph higher or lower than the US limit. I'll look at adding US ones in the future but I did upload the sounds I used for the basis of mine earlier in the thread and they include mph for limits ending in 5 (up to 65) if you wanted to have a go yourself.