AVIC411.com

My Completed Tweaks F700BT

I load your datazip on my f700 i love it ,but since then i can't load any other data the system reboot every 3 minutes,

what can i do to fix it .Thank you

What do you mean you can't load any other data? Did you make sure you unziped the sys.zip file and copy all files to the main igo folder? If you didn't that's probably causing your resets. if you did make sure you didn't miss one of the font files.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey your datazip has updated maps, poi's, hacked ezrider? idt wants to know the reason for which I cannot use other datazip

Serious? I asked already, what is the exact problem your having. Have you got mine to work with no reset? According to your last entry, the system is rebooting every 3 mins, is that with my data.zip or other? Did you ever get mine working? If you did and your system does not reboot every 3 mins, then the problem is not mine to answer. IT would be the person's who data.zip you installed. If the system is rebooting with mine, then did you install the sys.zip file as well?

As for you answer, NO the data.zip does not have those files you mentioned they are separate downloads.

I checked my map versions and they are 2007.01! What's up with that? So I called Pioneer and they said that mine is the latest version. That TeleAtlis is due with an update later this year....

I'm confused. Is there an update and is Pioneer feeding be BS? What do you think?

the latest is 2008.4, search for 2007.07 maps in the hacks forum and you'll find your answer

I'm going to do more research before updating my maps. Looks like lots of trouble for many other people...don't want to press my luck!

One little issue for you or anyone else though...

I've noticed that when driving, if I pan down on the map (using the four-directional arrows) my map stops scrolling with my driving progress. The "car" arrow advances, but the map does not. I literally drive off into the sunset. Go figure.

If I press the "MAP" button, the map refreshes and all is fine, but also loses the desired horizon level. In other words, it pops back to default map view.

Is this possibly a mod issue, or is it inherent in the unit. I was not familiar enough with the unit before putting in mods to remember if it was that way from the beginning?

Any thoughts?

I checked my map versions and they are 2007.01! What's up with that? So I called Pioneer and they said that mine is the latest version. That TeleAtlis is due with an update later this year....

I'm confused. Is there an update and is Pioneer feeding be BS? What do you think?

the latest is 2008.4, search for 2007.07 maps in the hacks forum and you'll find your answer

I'm going to do more research before updating my maps. Looks like lots of trouble for many other people...don't want to press my luck!

One little issue for you or anyone else though...

I've noticed that when driving, if I pan down on the map (using the four-directional arrows) my map stops scrolling with my driving progress. The "car" arrow advances, but the map does not. I literally drive off into the sunset. Go figure.

If I press the "MAP" button, the map refreshes and all is fine, but also loses the desired horizon level. In other words, it pops back to default map view.

Is this possibly a mod issue, or is it inherent in the unit. I was not familiar enough with the unit before putting in mods to remember if it was that way from the beginning?

Any thoughts?

Yea that's a trait of the Avic software. I rarely us the default AVIC GPS any more, I have been running leet's launcher and using my 8.3 IGO software. Mine did the same thing from day one before the mods. I have to hit the map confirmation button. (Under the 2d/3d button) and then go back to map to get it start scrolling again. I do not loose the horizon level however, That I noticed is caused by having smart zoom enabled. If I turn that off then it appears to keep the same horizon level.

Thanks for the confirmation.

This leetlauncher...I can't seem to get my head around it. All the posts don't seem to give enough info to fully understand it. Is it emulation software? Do I nee it to run the 2008.1 maps I am currently downloading?

Does it replace Igo, or run on top of it?

Can you point me to another thread where I can learn more?

Again...Thanks for your help!

Happy Easter!

This leetlauncher...I can't seem to get my head around it. All the posts don't seem to give enough info to fully understand it. Is it emulation software? Do I nee it to run the 2008.1 maps I am currently downloading?

Happy Easter!

Leetlauncher is a front end for the Avic unit. It runs in place of the Pioneer software. Thus allows you to run the 8.3.x IGO software instead with the latest Navteq maps. There are 2 versions. The ver 2.0 launcher simply boots up and runs the IGO software, the Pioneer unit functions for AM/FM, Sat, DISK, SD and USB and IPOD but the phone does not work. Ver 3.0 of the Launcher for right now runs off SD card and you can put Music on it and the IGO 8.3 software, the phone works but AM/FM, Sat do not work. USB I think IPOD and of course the SD card works for music. I have an 8 gig card right now, with 22 albums for music, 2 video movies to watch on my 8 gig USB stick and the IGO 8.3 software with all the bells and whistles loaded on it. There is the Leetlauncher thread link below. Got any more questions on it let me know.

David

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18522

Happy Easter!

Leetlauncher is a front end for the Avic unit. It runs in place of the Pioneer software. Thus allows you to run the 8.3.x IGO software instead with the latest Navteq maps. There are 2 versions. The ver 2.0 launcher simply boots up and runs the IGO software, the Pioneer unit functions for AM/FM, Sat, DISK, SD and USB and IPOD but the phone does not work. Ver 3.0 of the Launcher for right now runs off SD card and you can put Music on it and the IGO 8.3 software, the phone works but AM/FM, Sat do not work. USB I think IPOD and of course the SD card works for music. I have an 8 gig card right now, with 22 albums for music, 2 video movies to watch on my 8 gig USB stick and the IGO 8.3 software with all the bells and whistles loaded on it. There is the Leetlauncher thread link below. Got any more questions on it let me know.

David

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18522

Sounds like one must make some trade-offs in order to run leetlauncher. I am curious why you chose to abandon Pioneer software...I am not willing to give up functionality just for updated maps. Besides, the factory software is OK by me and your data.zip mods work great on it.

Am I missing something?

BTW...do you know if I can drop the 2008.1 maps I've downloaded into the maps and POI folders on the head unit? I'm reading all I can on the different threads, but it's tedious and time consuming!!!

Will they work with the original software?

Pioneer says new maps are due by August. Maybe I'll just wait for them so I don't lose some primary f700 functions.

Currently, I seem to use all the features all the time.

Again, thanks for your insight.

John

PS: looks like you're a pilot. It's been 20+ years since I've flown, but I also hold a license...Cesna 172

Sounds like one must make some trade-offs in order to run leetlauncher. I am curious why you chose to abandon Pioneer software...I am not willing to give up functionality just for updated maps. Besides, the factory software is OK by me and your data.zip mods work great on it.

Am I missing something?

BTW...do you know if I can drop the 2008.1 maps I've downloaded into the maps and POI folders on the head unit? I'm reading all I can on the different threads, but it's tedious and time consuming!!!

Will they work with the original software?

Pioneer says new maps are due by August. Maybe I'll just wait for them so I don't lose some primary f700 functions.

Currently, I seem to use all the features all the time.

Again, thanks for your insight.

John

PS: looks like you're a pilot. It's been 20+ years since I've flown, but I also hold a license...Cesna 172

The tradeoff on leet launcher 3.0 should be short lived, when all is complete, all features of the Pioneer unit will be available. The software is just not finished yet. I'm using it because I wanted to use my 8.3 IGO software with latest maps and all the other stuff I have for it that the Pioneer just won't do. You can use the 2008.1 maps, but you need to replace the ezrider.exe and copy a new license file into the unit. Then you can use all the latest 8.0 IGO maps, buildings, poi and high res dem file. I do once in a while bounce back to the Pioneer unit and use it as I make more modifications, next is moving the speed cam alert to center screen and maybe some lane info and speed limit info. (all the stuff my IGO 8.3 has already working just fine)

Yep, been flying since 1988 single and twin engine including some Beech 99 turbo props (the avatar). This year I have lost my medical due to health issue's. I'm not sure I can get it back, which is a bummer but the wife and I sure had fun flying all over the place when I did fly. Now we just take several vacations a year and let Soutwest do the flying, and we rack up several free tickets a year to boot which makes our big vacations nice since we fly for free on those! :D

I followed the instructions here: http://gpssoftware.us/pioneer.htm

and at startup, will get this text: CAUTION: SCREEN IMAGE MAY APPEAR REVERSED right after my splash screen pops up. the unit will beep when I press buttons but it otherwise unresponsive. If i switch it off and on, I'll still get the text, but occasionally it will work. Anyone have any ideas?

I followed the instructions here: http://gpssoftware.us/pioneer.htm

and at startup, will get this text: CAUTION: SCREEN IMAGE MAY APPEAR REVERSED right after my splash screen pops up. the unit will beep when I press buttons but it otherwise unresponsive. If i switch it off and on, I'll still get the text, but occasionally it will work. Anyone have any ideas?

Did you have any other modes before putting mine on? What all did you load up from the webpage? The warning you talk about is backup camera, that has nothing to do with my files. Do you have a backup camera?

No previous mods. I installed the modified Ezrider and license file, the modified DATA.ZIP, the new sys files and the new schemes. I don't have a backup camera.

I'm doing the reinstall the 2.0 update from here, and then I'll try again.

thanks for any insight though.

No previous mods. I installed the modified Ezrider and license file, the modified DATA.ZIP, the new sys files and the new schemes. I don't have a backup camera.

I'm doing the reinstall the 2.0 update from here, and then I'll try again.

thanks for any insight though.

Hmm just to make sure:

Renamed data2.zip to data.zip and put that in igo folder, unziped the sys.zip and put all files in the igo folder

Ezrider.exe in the igo folder and license file in the license folder? You did leave the pioneer license in there too right?

Schemes in the schemes folder should be it.

Let me know how it works out.