AVIC411.com

My Completed Tweaks F700BT

I think the work you guys are doing looks great! I'm just curious why no one is using something like keepers quicklaunch with the hidden panel for a cleaner look? I've been using that for a while now and just feel it makes the screen look less cluttered and all the icons you guys are using with come up with one touch.

I actually think I have the right amount out of the way now. I had the panel on the left and just took up too much room. I wouldn't want any more buttons on there either as I think you are right it would start to look too cluttered.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man your schemes is causing my system to reboot over and over again. What is going on?

read the color schemes forum and you'll find the answer

Did the same thing on mine. Delete them and restore your backup and you will be fine. The ones Boris posted in another thread work fine for me. But the unit doesn't like these for some reason.

Yea I think it was the way we both implemented them. I did it a bit different.. but if they use the same files they should work.. strange.. The worst I got on my unit was locked up when they didn't work..

Hey .. these mods look great.. Quick question do I need the new maps for this mod to work? I'm only going to use the data.zip (or do I need the sys too) not the schemes.. I've tried a few other put have had problems and I think it's because they were made for the UK. Also which button is the mute nav.. kills me when my music/books get's interupted to tell me I need to turn when I can see that I need to turn :-)/

THanks.

Hey .. these mods look great.. Quick question do I need the new maps for this mod to work? I'm only going to use the data.zip (or do I need the sys too) not the schemes.. I've tried a few other put have had problems and I think it's because they were made for the UK. Also which button is the mute nav.. kills me when my music/books get's interupted to tell me I need to turn when I can see that I need to turn :-)/

THanks.

The data.zip and the sys.zip (other files needed in that) should always go together. At least in my case they should I have not tried any other combo. I don't know if they would work with the original maps and ezrider.exe since I did the mods after I installed the newer stuff. Try it and let me know. Just make sure you back up what you have first.

In the 2nd night picture that shows a route, the mute button is right above the GPS status icon. However I warn you, using this still mutes the music for like 2 seconds.. At least it did today when I used it (first time)

I think the work you guys are doing looks great! I'm just curious why no one is using something like keepers quicklaunch with the hidden panel for a cleaner look? I've been using that for a while now and just feel it makes the screen look less cluttered and all the icons you guys are using with come up with one touch.

i just don't see the point of pressing a button for another set of buttons to show up

i just don't see the point of pressing a button for another set of buttons to show up

agree

Please clarify instructions for Scheme mods...

I uploaded all your mods...your Data2.zip gets my vote for the best one on this forum :D ! Thanks for all your work!

Question...to get your "schemes" to work, do I unzip before dropping them into the SCHEMES folder on the head unit, or do I drop the ,zip files into said file? No luck so far...

I am using the map version that came on my unit which arrived on March 25. I assume it's the latest version.

Does it matter??

If so, please advise how to get and load latest map version. My extensive searching and reading of this site has not given me enough info to confidently mess with the maps. Thanks again for your help!

Unzip the file you download, and then copy each of the individual theme zip files to the scheme folder that is located in apl2/igo/content folder. If your not able to select them once you have done that, then you are going to need to install the hacked ezrider.exe and the license file. That would then also allow you to use the latest 8.0 maps, building files, poi and dem file as well.

I want just your color schemes only. I like the whole thing if I could get rid of the top left stuff. I have the speed limit/your speed mod on the lower left side when not in navigation mode. I like seeing those icons over there. I'd like to use my current mods with your theme.

Got it!

Works great!

Thanks for the help. I may already have the 8.0 maps and not know it??? I'll check next time out. I haven't been in an urban area yet to see if 3D buildings are present. I do have the 3D option selected on map settings, just haven't been able to test yet.

If I do see that my maps are the 8.0 version, is there any advantage to the "hacked" one you referred to, or is it the same thing?

Guess you can tell I'm not a code writer...I just know enough to be really dangerous!

So far.though, everything I've changed has worked without a hitch...thanks to all of you pro-hackers.

Got it!

Works great!

Thanks for the help. I may already have the 8.0 maps and not know it??? I'll check next time out. I haven't been in an urban area yet to see if 3D buildings are present. I do have the 3D option selected on map settings, just haven't been able to test yet.

If I do see that my maps are the 8.0 version, is there any advantage to the "hacked" one you referred to, or is it the same thing?

Guess you can tell I'm not a code writer...I just know enough to be really dangerous!

So far.though, everything I've changed has worked without a hitch...thanks to all of you pro-hackers.

Glad it all works for you, the maps I have are going to be newer than the ones (will be posting 2008.10 maps shortly) on the unit more than likely along with the newer building files, higher res dem file and poi files.

The one thing I noticed on my unit, while I had all the map files for the US, the building and POI files were only from some east coast states. So I just removed all the maps, building, poi files that I didn't need and basically loaded up the west and southwest US files. You may want to go testmode into the unit and go to the building and poi and verify you have the states you need..

I checked my map versions and they are 2007.01! What's up with that? So I called Pioneer and they said that mine is the latest version. That TeleAtlis is due with an update later this year....

I'm confused. Is there an update and is Pioneer feeding be BS? What do you think?

I checked my map versions and they are 2007.01! What's up with that? So I called Pioneer and they said that mine is the latest version. That TeleAtlis is due with an update later this year....

I'm confused. Is there an update and is Pioneer feeding be BS? What do you think?

the latest is 2008.4, search for 2007.07 maps in the hacks forum and you'll find your answer