AVIC411.com

My Completed Tweaks F700BT

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi dpdurst your mode looks beautiful ,do you think that you could do to it a pair of changes.

change the format of the current speed and the clock to digital , leaving it of the same size and to change the color of the compass to make it more visible.Thank you for the good work

Hi,

got your fabulous package installed yesterday and wanted to give you some feedback on my experience:

After the initial install I had no TMC anymore, got this fixed by changing the first row of your SYS.TXT to:

[device]

type="PIONEER746EW"

like in my original SYS.TXT

after reboot there was (to my relief) TMC available again, but the road signs looked to ma as an European somewhat funny, so i changed the following in your SYS.txt

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc.spr"

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc.spr"

/just removed the 2 which propably pointed to the US road signs.

There is at the Moment only one question open: I copied the Eurasia.dem into the DEM folder leaving the two original files WesternEurope.dem and Eastern Europe.dem in there. My 3D still looks very bad in the upper half of the screen when zooming out a little bit. Do you have any idea on whre the Issue is? Do I have to remove the old files? You said "no" a few posts above, I changed only the german Map, do I have to change more?

Thank you for your Help and I hope you keep on showing Pioneer how to design a proper System

Jörg

Hi,

There is at the Moment only one question open: I copied the Eurasia.dem into the DEM folder leaving the two original files WesternEurope.dem and Eastern Europe.dem in there. My 3D still looks very bad in the upper half of the screen when zooming out a little bit. Do you have any idea on whre the Issue is? Do I have to remove the old files? You said "no" a few posts above, I changed only the german Map, do I have to change more?

Thank you for your Help and I hope you keep on showing Pioneer how to design a proper System

Jörg

The Dem files are what they are, there is no control in the program on how they make the terrain look. In the US there is a low and hi res Dem file, not sure that applies to Euro terrain.

Thank you for the info on the .dem files, will look around if there are different ones.

Unfortunately I did not get the new voices working: Copied them into the "VoicesFolder", but they do not show up in System settings.

Anybody got an idea?

Thanks Jörg

• 4 weeks later...

Page 1 has the new updated version of my Pioneer tweaks. This version has the Euro style speedcam/redlight warning and also the Euro style speed limit warning. Also some other screen changes. data6.zip is the current release

Hi have installed your DATA6 and think it looks great.

only one thing missing compared to the previous version: There is no direct access to the Sattelite reception screen by clicking the Icon any more.

And one other thing I noticed: To me it feels that with your Mod implemented the touch screen is not very responsive. Feels a bit like pre 2.0. I may be wrong with that, but that would mean the screen was even worse at the beginning.

Any othe opinions?

CU

Jörg

only one thing missing compared to the previous version: There is no direct access to the Sattelite reception screen by clicking the Icon any more.

And one other thing I noticed: To me it feels that with your Mod implemented the touch screen is not very responsive. Feels a bit like pre 2.0. I may be wrong with that, but that would mean the screen was even worse at the beginning.

Any othe opinions?

CU

Jörg

Button for satellite works fine, just tried it...

Any othe opinions?

CU

Jörg

Button for satellite works fine, just tried it...

You are correct, must have been my fat fingers :twisted:

Sorry

Jörg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. I am in the middle of installing this bad boy and decided to install your tweaks. I have a problem that I can't seem to get around. I followed the instructions for installing the mod. When I startup the unit it works fine. But when I try to go to the "settings" section the system settings and the nav settings are greyed out and I cannot access them. When I try to play a cd or the radio I get no audio. I am using external amps. Any ideas what could be going on? Is it something I did wrong with the mod install or is it my hardware install? Also, I did the mod install out of the car on a workbench using a 12V power supply. Could that have been the problem? Thanks guys.

I may have figured out what I did wrong but would like confirmation. I did not ground out the parking brake wire. Do I still need to do that even with the software bypass built into the mod? Thanks.

There are no software mods built into my data.zip. You will have to do that yourself or do the hardware mod. More than likely that is your problem.