AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

Does someone have a european map that supports TMC and a legit license? Least then I can check bluetooth with a legit ezrider and see if I have the same problems, if I do then it's not ez.

I do not want all the maps just the smallest possible one that supports TMC.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I bought a F700BT or X710BT from the US, can I upload the Australian Map data onto it? Also, can the F700BT be upgraded with the v3 firmware in conjuction with Aussie maps?

Yes you can, but you will have to find igo 8.3 Australian maps which might be hard, you can't use TMC (the American's use MSN and the extra tuner is not installed) and the radio might not receive all stations (the US uses .2 increments for the radio). Good luck mate!

If I bought a F700BT or X710BT from the US, can I upload the Australian Map data onto it? Also, can the F700BT be upgraded with the v3 firmware in conjuction with Aussie maps?

Yes you can, but you will have to find igo 8.3 Australian maps which might be hard, you can't use TMC (the American's use MSN and the extra tuner is not installed) and the radio might not receive all stations (the US uses .2 increments for the radio). Good luck mate!

What about if I load the entire contents of my F500BT into the F700BT and then upgrade the firmware to the official 2.09?

So basically if I use the American F700BT I lose TMC and possibly a few radio stations? I wonder if the savings are worth it...I mean, the X910BT can be had for ~$1000 AUD including shipping, or the F700BT for ~750 AUD.

Or I can just wait till Pioneer releases v3 firmware along with v15 maps :x:|:evil:

What about if I load the entire contents of my F500BT into the F700BT and then upgrade the firmware to the official 2.09?

I'm not sure if this would work but you could try it. The F700BT isn't sold here so you can't get an Aussie copy of the software. Maybe a EW (european) one might help? There are a number of threads about using US units in europe so I would suggest you read those and then decided if it's worth the hassle. Then pop back here when you have the unit to get help loading maps etc.

So basically if I use the American F700BT I lose TMC and possibly a few radio stations? I wonder if the savings are worth it...I mean, the X910BT can be had for ~$1000 AUD including shipping, or the F700BT for ~750 AUD.

Only you can decide. Personally I live near Brisbane and would love TMC but I have to wait for the new maps. At the moment it's only in Sydney, Melboune & Brisbane so if your not travelling near them don't worry about it. I also think Aussie radio stations are usually 97.1 97.3 97.5 etc anyway but does the US unit use 97.0 97.2 97.4? You might just have to ask someone.

Or I can just wait till Pioneer releases v3 firmware along with v15 maps :x:|:evil:

*lmao* We will be waiting for V3 for a long time I think. We are always behind in Australia! But in saying that saeb has been loading V3 and 8.3 Navteq maps. The only limit to your project is time!

Have fun anyway, and please post back if you buy the unit from America. We would all be interested in the outcome.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my free upgrade in the post this week from Pioneer Australia (when I bought the unit in Jan 09, it came with a coupon for the free map upgrade). It came with 2 SD cards and the upgrade was pretty straight forward except for one minor glitch due to poor documentation from Pioneer, which was a little frustrating...

Getting the password...

According to Pioneer's documentation, you get the password to complete the upgrade from http://www.pioneer.com.au, but the problem was, after a whole evening searching, I could not find anything on the Pioneer website(s) anywhere that will give me a password. But thanks to the notes on an earlier post:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=26656

I found that the place to get the password was: PioneerNavigationUpdate.com

Once you punch in the "media number" (came in the upgrade package) and "device number" (when you plug the 2nd SD card in, it will show it on screen), it returns the password immediately on the website, punch it in on the F 900BT, the upgrade was completed within a few minutes.

After the upgrade, the unti seems to work a bit quicker and the interface was definitely improved, a few main things I noted so far:

• * 2D maps now have North up or Heading up orinetations
    * 3D maps seem to be a bit better graphics
    * Lane information at major intersections - very nice
    * General improvements to basic interface

I would love to try out the mods like IDT when I get a chance, if anyone has done such mods on an Australian F900 BT with this latest map/firmware update, please let me know how it went.

Yep ditto i got my official Aussie update in the mail a few days ago!

Everything works so much better, but the ONLY thing i would like to change is to have the same GPS mods that we could have on the V2, such as the "mute guidance" button, and the "delete route" shortcut and things like that.

If anyone knows how to do it successfully on the Australian units or has done it with no problems, please post up some info :)

Thanks guys

Guys! I haven't got mine yet you are sooooo lucky. Can you please post the version number for the update and maps please.

Also the mute and delete mods are pretty easy I think and well documented (try having a look in GTIMatt's mods). You just have to add a few lines to the data.zip in notepad I think. I will have a go at it if no one else has got there when I get my update. Still waiting impatiently... I want my update NOW Pioneer!!!!!

Also can anyone confirm if SUNA now works in Brisbane or Sydney?

Great news. Can you post to the update version (I'm guessing we have 3.0 buy the way your are talking but can you confirm it) and map version too (is it 15dot1) Please put me out of my misery.

Oh and if you download WinRAR, open the data.zip in WinRAR (do not extract it) and add the code that can be found using search for the Mute button and Delete Button. I think GTIMatt has moved on from his project which is a shame because it's the best I've used but at least this will give you some functionality before you go testing out newer mods.

Hi lacehim, just had a look at the systems info...

* The firmware version is 3.20100

* The map version is 02.000400

* On the box/sleeve that came with the kit, it says "Whereis V15.1 database Maps"

Anything else you want me to check about this new version, let me know...

Not too good at programming/coding myself, so if anyone has worked out how to add the mute and delete route buttons to the map screen, please kindly share your code/install notes.

Thanks for that info. I was hoping that we would get Version 3 which is great news. The maps are as I expected and I've been using the 15.1 maps from the net over the 14.0 version that was pre installed but no SUNA. Can't wait to see if it works with the new maps in Brisbane.

FYI here's a few threads on teh mute and delete buttons. I would be interested in getting this done as well because I would really miss them.

Mute Code viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18624&start=0&hilit=mute+code just remember to read through the posts. Near the end there are posts about it working in 3.0 still.

Delete Code viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18032&p=119751&hilit=delete+route+button+code#p119751 shows you how to turn the compass the delete button.

Personally I'm doing to download a few 3.0 mods and try them when I get my update disk. I really loved GTIMatt's version but I think he's too busy and has moved on to another project for now.

Also what version did you upgrade from? I have the stock 2.0 that was installed on mine.

Another thing, If you want to access Win CE you will need to use Testmode 2.3 now.

Thanks for the links for coding the buttons, etc... Will give it a try when I get some spare time...

For SUNA, you are in luck, as the cover of the box specifically says "Enables SUNA Traffic Updates for Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane areas"

Did you get your "free upgrade" voucher when you bought your unit? Hope you don't have to fork out to buy this update! As we've kinda been ripped off since a few important features didn't work out of the box and the orginal firmware was pretty bad!