AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Free Map Update News:

Just phoned Pioneer and asked for them to check that I'm on their free map update list because I'm getting fed up checking my mail each day only to be disappointed. I was told I missed the first batch of updates and they are having trouble with supply and I won't be getting it until at least mid November if they get enough in the next batch! The email I got and the first guy I spoke to at Pioneer told me that I would get it sometime over the next few weeks which was incorrect. Pretty piss poor performance from Pioneer once again. All I want is SUNA to work in Brisbane, other manufactures have had it working for months!

I sent off my claim in mid December 08. When did you guys post yours? She said it was all being done on a first come first serve basis but I'm down the bottom of the alphabet so I will probably be last more than likely.

I'm off to get a strong coffee. :o(

Hi I just bought a avic f90 bt from the us alot cheaper than in australia. however i need assisstance with sourcing and installing aussi maps could someone help me. your help would be much appreciate. If there ia anyone in Melbourne that can help even better.

Jim KDMAS

Free Map Update News:

Just phoned Pioneer and asked for them to check that I'm on their free map update list because I'm getting fed up checking my mail each day only to be disappointed. I was told I missed the first batch of updates and they are having trouble with supply and I won't be getting it until at least mid November if they get enough in the next batch! The email I got and the first guy I spoke to at Pioneer told me that I would get it sometime over the next few weeks which was incorrect. Pretty piss poor performance from Pioneer once again. All I want is SUNA to work in Brisbane, other manufactures have had it working for months!

I sent off my claim in mid December 08. When did you guys post yours? She said it was all being done on a first come first serve basis but I'm down the bottom of the alphabet so I will probably be last more than likely.

Oh wow that's pretty ridiculous!

I bought my entire system (F900BT, speakers, etc) late June this year, and i stumbled upon the free map upgrade form on the Pioneer site, so i filled it out and sent it as soon as i had everything installed, so that was around about the beginning of July, and i got my map upgrade in the mail last week :o

Jeeezz I hope you don't have to wait until November.....woeful stuff from Pioneer. My dad has an Alpine touch screen in his car and they have really impressive customer service, and i personally would've gone the Alpine way, but at that time they didnt have all-rounder units like the F900BT, although just last month they released a whole new range of them....they look okay but i think the F900BT is still a cut above, features wise.

Man, that is ridiculous! I'm guessing if I don't have the update by now that I'll have to wait till at least then as well too! Bugger!

I too got my unit around May this year, and sent off the upgrade thing in June/July... Been holding off modding the unit so far cos not much point if I'm going to redo the upgrade in a few weeks or so, or so I've been telling myself. If i knew it was going to take this long to get the upgrade(supposedly Aug 2009), would have played around with it much more..

Free Map Update News:

your not the only one ive been waiting and ringing pioneer keep telling me will be this week since august how hard is it to tell me the truth oh well just have to play the waiting game

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post to say I haven't gone anywhere, I have been reading the posts and what I'm upto.

I haven't posted simply because the time has not been available with my business and other projects.

On the Updates: These will be sent in batches of aprox 90 at a time. They will not go in the order you sent in the free upgrades. The order they are sent out and the delay in sending is dictated by SUNA not Pioneer. Suna issue the lic codes to that allow the Avic to decode the data. Pioneer have only got 90 codes so far from Suna so they have only sent out a total of 90 upgrades.

I don't have the update on my system as yet so I cant test a new release. I am working on restoring the links to my last release but I have to recover the files from a backup and upload again. I will get that done as soon as I possibility can. From what I can tell so far, a some of my unreleased mods (as posted in this thread) are in V3. I will try to concentrate on the Suna side once I have the basic mods installed.

If anyone that has V3 installed would like to help me out, I need a full copy of the V3 system to setup a new development test bed. Pm me if you can help. If anyone has any info on the avic serial numbers please PM me with that.

Please don't post that info.

I have done a lost of work decoding Suna, not just the avic stuff but the actual transmission protocols. I wont post any of the detailed info on a public forum. This lesson is hard learned for other things that use encrypted transmissions. Remember Suna is a subscription service and to put that stuff out publicly can only serve to have mods shutdown. I will post how Suna works (general info) if people want to know that stuff and how to use the TMC tuner with suna, just not the detailed breaking the data transmission stuff.

I don't have enough data to work out keys for individual units as yet so I cant send them to you. If I can work out the internal serial number I will be able to issue a "Suna for all" release right away. If I can also work out the model number I can release additional features that will not be part of the lic code you will get from Pioneeer. This info will not be in the flash disk so if anyone has access to the AU service manuals can you let me know if info is in that or not. The Suna code is paired with your internal model and serial number.

Cheers

34by151

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post to say I haven't gone anywhere, I have been reading the posts and what I'm upto.

I haven't posted simply because the time has not been available with my business and other projects.

On the Updates: These will be sent in batches of aprox 90 at a time. They will not go in the order you sent in the free upgrades. The order they are sent out and the delay in sending is dictated by SUNA not Pioneer. Suna issue the lic codes to that allow the Avic to decode the data. Pioneer have only got 90 codes so far from Suna so they have only sent out a total of 90 upgrades.

I don't have the update on my system as yet so I cant test a new release. I am working on restoring the links to my last release but I have to recover the files from a backup and upload again. I will get that done as soon as I possibility can. From what I can tell so far, a some of my unreleased mods (as posted in this thread) are in V3. I will try to concentrate on the Suna side once I have the basic mods installed.

If anyone that has V3 installed would like to help me out, I need a full copy of the V3 system to setup a new development test bed. Pm me if you can help. If anyone has any info on the avic serial numbers please PM me with that.

Please don't post that info.

I have done a lost of work decoding Suna, not just the avic stuff but the actual transmission protocols. I wont post any of the detailed info on a public forum. This lesson is hard learned for other things that use encrypted transmissions. Remember Suna is a subscription service and to put that stuff out publicly can only serve to have mods shutdown. I will post how Suna works (general info) if people want to know that stuff and how to use the TMC tuner with suna, just not the detailed breaking the data transmission stuff.

I don't have enough data to work out keys for individual units as yet so I cant send them to you. If I can work out the internal serial number I will be able to issue a "Suna for all" release right away. If I can also work out the model number I can release additional features that will not be part of the lic code you will get from Pioneeer. This info will not be in the flash disk so if anyone has access to the AU service manuals can you let me know if info is in that or not. The Suna code is paired with your internal model and serial number.

Cheers

34by151

Hi Everyone,

On the Updates: These will be sent in batches of aprox 90 at a time. They will not go in the order you sent in the free upgrades. The order they are sent out and the delay in sending is dictated by SUNA not Pioneer. Suna issue the lic codes to that allow the Avic to decode the data. Pioneer have only got 90 codes so far from Suna so they have only sent out a total of 90 upgrades

only 90 for the hole of a australia thats a joke considering we all paid around 1700 for the unit poineer and suna need to get there act together.

anyway my 2 cents worth

Can these updates be used on the F310BT?

Just purchased one, but now bit worried that I won't be able to update the maps...

Are there any map updates for the F310BT?

Will the whereis V15 dvd work?

Also, those aussies with the F900BT V3 is it slow to boot up?

i would not wory to much f310bt is a new model and is a lot faster and sound quality is fantastic compared to the 900bt. not sure but i think the 310 has already go the latest map .

i had the 310 for two week and i loved it but ended up being a faulty unit they told me they would send it off for repair and would take 2 to 3 week so i exchanged for the 900bt and i regret it oh well dont get me wrong the unit is good but quality of sound on the 310 was much better for the iphone

Use this link for the files folder

http://www.4shared.com/dir/14084405/70e ... pdate.html

AVIC-FT900BT-R151 files have Sensis R15.1 maps + lic

V20a_Update files have above plus Mods and Hacks

V20a_Update1.rar is an update to V20a_Update for Suna you need V20a_Update installed first

See my posts on page 1 for the full details

Cheers

34by151