AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

tobsta,

Check you have the US model set in the sys.txt

It looks like you still have the OZ model set in sys.txt

The phoneme.ph files deals with voice translation. IE it fixes up misspoken street names. so if you don't have the voice files correct this will give you issues. Let me know if you still need the OZ voice files an I'll upload them but they are easy to find on the net.

Cheers

34by151

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three things to remember.

1. Do a backup

2. Apply the updates for your firmware version

2. Alter the devices section of sys.txt to your model version. Ie change the Type= line back to your model

If you do that all will be fine.

Cheers

34by151

Hi, i managed to get it working. Whats the difference with the aus voice files anyway. Is it still an american accents? Also is it posible to change the google button to something like sensis 123. Where is this code stored and how would i go about changing the icon?

hmmm but data.zip is located in the iGo stuff. Wouldn't buttons for phone features be located elsewhere? I was hoping there would be a file i could open and just alter the number for but its probably a compiled application. I would also need to change the logo as well.

Hi, Im new here and have been doing some research and have a quick question... thought I just post here because alot of aussies, but its for anyone.

I can get the f900BT from pioneer as a refurbished unit, with 12 month warranty at half the normal price, which I want to do. Im assuming it will come with v 2? Once I download the v3 from the pioneer site, is there anything that I really need to upgrade with this unit, keeping in mind its already aus spec? Has most of the basic issues been fixed with v3? Also i dont use iphone/bluetooth at all. Mainly want it for gps, usb connection and dvd.

tobsta,

Look into the branding.zip and do a search on branding you will find plenty of answers

mikzsan,

You cant download V3 from Pioneer. Best thing is make sure the unit comes with V3 installed. You can purchase V3 from pioneer or download the V3 update from this forum, just search for it

Cheers

34by151

Thank you 34by151! I realised my mistake after my post. I did read this thread and searched the forums (Its hard sometimes to take it all in at first!) I read that people were unhappy with the lag time when pushing buttons and also the volume of the bluetooth (which doesnt concern me).

Does the v3 firmware ,If I download it from your link here, significantly improve the lag time when buttons are pushed?

Also knowing what you know after owning the unit for some time, would you recommend it or shall I wait a bit and try to get a deal on something like the F10BT? Keep in mind im not a fussy user when it comes to how many features the gps has, just as long as the unit works and is reliable.

One thing that might be holding me back is the 5.8 in screen size, I was thinking of getting a f500BT and a separate 7 in pioneer dvd player. Do you find the 5.8 in is sufficient for viewing videos and movies.

Regards

Mike

mikzsan,

My updates require that you have either V2 or V3 firmware installed. Just use the one for your version. I recommend going to V3, the boot time is vastly improved. Also new mods are for V3 not V2. So if you don't have V3 read my earlier post re your options.

To clarify I have 2 f900bt's. I have one in my Jag XKR and the other in a seaplane. Both have the Pac2SWI interface and camera's. I have the parking guidance unit in the car and two camera's in the plane. Both are in the tail one facing forward and the other back. The video is linked to to the prop reverser so the camera comes on in reverse or by a push button on the stick grip for the forward facing camera. If I was replacing the units now I would go for the F900 in the plane and the F10 in the car. Simple reason is the control button is on the left. It's great in the plane sitting on the left but a bit more hassle in the car from the right. I find the screen size fine, the know would be the reason for me to go a F10 not the extra screen size. I think it would drive me mad in the car without the steering wheel control.

Cheers

34by151

Two new files uploaded to 4shared

http://www.4shared.com/dir/24382274/615944ab/V3updates.html

APL2_Sounds.rar

Australia8.3NAVTEQ_2008.Q4_090612.rar

APL2_Sounds.rar

Firmware V3 sound files. For Non OZ versions. Unpack and add any missing files to the APL2 folders

Australia8.3NAVTEQ_2008.Q4_090612.rar

Navteq Q4 maps.

Delete the existing files from \APL2\igo\content\map

Copy the file "Australia8.3NAVTEQ_2008.Q4_090612.fbl" to \APL2\igo\content\map

Reboot

Note you can not have both this and sensis maps installed at the same time without the map switcher

Cheers

34by151

Cool, I'm going to try your Aus voices now. I managed to upgrade to 3.0 and installed ur 16.1 maps after all your help so thanks for that. I also had a look at your 16.2 maps link you sent. Is it possible that the iGo software will ever be upgraded to take advantage of say real view that Garman offers. The nav system just seems a little old and outdated.

Well If your waiting for Pioneer, NO. The V3 release is over a year out of date already and missing most of the data. IE V15.1 not 16.1 maps, no buildings, missing poi's ect ect ect.

Once I have a copy of any new maps I will release them.

Cheers

34by151