AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

Hi guys,

Firstly, big thanks to 34by151 for all your work. I've updated my US F90BT with the 16.1 Aussie maps using your V3UPDATE01 files, but have run into a few issues.

Everything seems to work fine, with the exception of Bluetooth and Speedcam. Bluetooth doesn't detect any devices, nor is the AVIC detected from other devices. As for Speedcam, there are no options in the settings as there were when I was running V2.

I thought maybe the Device type was incorrect, but it is set to PIONEER746UC, which I believe is correct for my unit.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firstly, big thanks to 34by151 for all your work. I've updated my US F90BT with the 16.1 Aussie maps using your V3UPDATE01 files................Everything seems to work fine, with the exception of Bluetooth and Speedcam. Bluetooth doesn't detect any devices, nor is the AVIC detected from other devices. As for Speedcam, there are no options in the settings as there were when I was running V2

No Problem, I'm just sharing the stuff I am doing for myself.

With your bluetooth I recall the US unving this issue with V3. You may want to do some searches on it. Blue-tooth is not part of the Igo Nav application so it is not related to the skin or maps. It's part of the APL folder files (tel.txt) app developed by parrot

Sppedcams are not part of the US skin that you still running. Update your AVIC with Either V3UPDATE02b or V3UPDATE02c-beta. Lots of work in the skin to do with the speedcams. I think you will be happy with the changes.

Cheers

34by151

34by151,

Updated to 02c_beta and all is well, including Bluetooth (go figure). I initially wanted to keep the default skin for a while to see the differences it had over 2.0, plus I thought the map screen was a bit cluttered with all the extra info.

I've since realised that a lot of it was from the emulator and everything else is customizable, so all I can say is great work once again! The only gripe I have is with the clicky key sounds in the nav screens, but I'll play around with the audio files in data.zip until I'm happy. :lol:

One quick question though: What's the difference between the various speedcam alert settings (off, on, full, custom)? I think I can guess what off, full and custom are, but what about on?

Thanks again! Looking forward to more updates! :wink:

Overall my AVIC has been great with these mods although I lost the bluetooth device recently as well.

Got that back with a backup reloaded on.

Which BT firmware should we use for Oz?. The unit was shipped with 290 but currently i am running 330.

One thing that annoys me is that the bluetooth does not work down the list if a particular phone disconnects.

All the standalone Parrot kits do this as i have had 2 Parrot kits before.

You have to manually go into the BT menu and select the next phone. Which it culd be automated as WAF is a bit low on this....

The only gripe I have is with the clicky key sounds in the nav screens, but I'll play around with the audio files in data.zip until I'm happy. :lol:

One quick question though: What's the difference between the various speedcam alert settings (off, on, full, custom)? I think I can guess what off, full and custom are, but what about on?

You can disable the key clicks in Settings but not change the click sound. I will add to my list to have a selection of click sounds.

In the settings

Off= DIsabled

On= Alarm for Basic types and Off for advanced Types

Custom = Enable Speeccan menu and set warnings per type

Speedcams types (Basic and Advanced)

For Each Icon

Disable = No Yellow border on icon

Enabled = Yellow border on icon

Pesss the icon to change the mode. If it is disabled the settlings below the icon are meaningless.

For the settings types

Off = Disabled (same as disabled above)

Alarm = If going slower than the camera speed, no alert

If within tolerance range, a single alert will sound,

If speeding, constant warning till you pass the camera

Warning = If speeding, constant warning till you pass the camera

Reminder = Single Warning of camera, regardless of speed

A new version V3UDATE02C_beta1 is now on 4 shared

This all the same mods as V3UDATE02C_beta but the base mods have been upgraded the base code diaftia's V2.2 to 2.3.

From diaftia's release notes

* Speedcameras now display in smaller format when signpost is up so there is no overlapping on the freeway.

* clicking the signpost removes the signpost as usual and restores the speedcam to their original format.

* FINALLY fixed the problem where supressing a speedcam type would still have the distance to speedcam appear on the map

* Added a quickmenu for some system and route settings. Activate on long press of quickmenu button.

* Changes, updates and bug fixes to the split screen.

* Multipoi icon fix

This file contains only the data.zip to replace your current one. I am in the process of checking the files so let me know if you find any bugs.

Cheers

34by151

...I lost the bluetooth device recently as well....Got that back with a backup reloaded on.

Which BT firmware should we use for Oz?......

One thing that annoys me is that the bluetooth does not work down the list if a particular phone disconnects.

All the standalone Parrot kits do this as i have had 2 Parrot kits before.

I can only suggest you delete the BT settings in the user dir. None of the mods have anything to do with the BT other than the beta versions display the status and clicking on the BT icon dials home.

As far as I know their is only one BT version for the V3 firmware.

I have not personally tried with more than one phone. I use blackberry bold 9000 which works flawlessly.

To the best of my knowledge the code was supplied by parrot and modified by pioneer. The features have not changed between V2 and V3 firmware. IE not all of the features in the parrot car kits work. IE no a2dp support.

You will need to do some searching on that, please post references to any answers you find.

BTW when you reloaded your back you also changed the users directory. None of the BT files have changed in these mods. So again that tells me the problem was more than likly in youe saved settings un the USER directory.

When things dome seem right. Rename this dir. It will be recreated on startup. You will need to redo all your settings but 9 out of 10 it fixes your problems. You can also copy things back in an test ie your favourites ect

Cheers

34by151

No audio when playing back audio files from SD card (yet GUI shows it playing)

TTS lost again, BT audio not working....

Try removing the SD and reinserting it after power-up.

What do you mean TTS lost? you should not have the TTS unless you have altered the sys.txt or device file.

What voice are us you using. Go back to non TTS Jason.

TTS Jason has bugs. IE it does not support turn left right if you must use TTS use Samantha

BT Audio? Do you mean no audio on your phone, I hope so because streaming mp3's is not supported.

Did you wait for the "Phone Connected" Message. If so the wait for the bluetooth icon to appear on the screen. The pioneer "Phone Connected" message just means bluetooth has connected to the phone not that the features have started. Once the features are all ready you get the bluetooth icon on the nav screen (nect to the compas)

If you still have problems try deleting your setup files in the USER directory, Specificity user\userdata\setup\btsettings.dat

You can also try a long reset which will delete the files for you.

Cheers

34by151

In regards to no BT audio the phone was paired fine and could make a call with contacts but once the call answered the audio wasnt heard. Went into the BT menu in the phone and brought the audio back on the phone no problems.

As far as the SD audio goes it came back after i went into settings/run/restart then they came back.

I have gone back to Pioneer base now and it works fine it appears.

I will update step by step and see if these issues arise again.

I....Went into the BT menu in the phone and brought the audio back on the phone no problems....SD audio came back after i went into settings/run/restart then they came back

Running the reset app is the same as a short press of the reset button. It changes nothing other than to reload the OS. A long press will remove your setup files and rebuild them. Read your Avic Manual

In the root of My Flash Disk you have the winceimg.bin file. This is the wince os including the os drivers for things like video, usb and bluetooth.

Once the OS boots it starts the GUI. The main things here are

\apl2\ezrider which is the Igo nav application

\apl\mainmenu. This is the app that you see when you press menu. I is just like task manager in WinDoze it just changes focus to ezrider, tel and av

\apl\tel This is your bluetooth app that shows your phone functions

\apl\av This is the app that runs all the Audio and video functions.

Now if the bt or usb has has a problem at any time it will shutdown the os driver. When this happens the apps above them wont work correctly or not at all. Rebooting or running reset will cause every to reload. Just like turning off and restarting your PC.

You can replicate your phone issue but making or answering a call right after you get the "phone Connected" message. The Bt will be up because it connected, but the interface to the handsfree and mutes for Audio and Nav will not be started ath This pont. the result will be the Phone popup over he nav screen but no audio. Normally waiting will give you the hands free once these things powerup

Another example sometimes the system will power up and you get weird audio from the ipod and or you cant change songs with the knob. Classic, usb did not powerup correctly issue. This tends to happen if the 12V gets a spike on bootup. Somtimes the system will boot repeatedly. Again a usb powerup issue caused by the Ipod locking up.12V Spike issues can often be solved by making sure the main poer wire is connected directly to the battery and or adding a diode and capacitor to the main power wire

Nothing in this is related to the Igo nav app

Look in the \user dir. You will fin each subdir has the settings for each app. Most problems with apps are related to problems in these files. Deleting them solves this. After doing this if you still have issues it will reate to the hardware you are using.

Just because a phone has BT does not make it connect correctly every time. Look ath the firmware on the phone do some searching on it's compatibility.

A lot of SD issues relate to the quality of the card you have and the health of the file system on it. If your SD is slower than class 6 you will have speed related issues, try a faster card to avoid hardware issues

All the answers are here on this forum, you just have to search and readup

Cheers

34by151

I will add to my list to have a selection of click sounds.

Ah, now I feel bad! Don't do it on my account, I'm happy to mess around with data.zip.

In the settings

Off= DIsabled

On= Alarm for Basic types and Off for advanced Types

Custom = Enable Speeccan menu and set warnings per type

Thanks for that, makes sense. Loving the new features! :)

I will add to my list to have a selection of click sounds.

Ah, now I feel bad! Don't do it on my account, I'm happy to mess around with data.zip.

That's Ok. I have list of stuff to look at. some are being done now, others latter and others again thing's I don't know if they are possible or not.

At his point the things in the beta are being finalised.

A new version is on it's way and I will go into that in detail when it's ready. You wont see to much in the way of visual changes but a lot of the code is being simplified and altered. As a result, I'm not working on new items for now till the new version is ready.

Once the new version is out I will start working through new features. More than likely future versions be released less often but have more features. I will still release betas as soon as each new feature is put in. So if you want something sooner you can have it early. Oh yeah, betas also help a lot with testing before full release

These mods mods exist because it's what I want for my AVIC's To that end I'm happy to share my work.

By all means ask for things and I will do my best. If you make make changes that you thing should be put in the releases PM them to me. That saves you having to redo them on each release.

Again, by all means, ask for thinks and or PM me your changes. You never know you my may just come up with a killer idea. For example I think I may have a way to change the Dynamic Volume so that its linked to the Audio volume and not speed. This will make the nav sound proportional to the music volume not linked to how fast you are going. No promises, it's on my wish list and I think I know how to do it but haven't started the detailed stuff as yet. For me, and the way I want to use the AVIC, It's right up there with sorting the Favourites which is, for me, the thing I use the most.

Cheers

34by151

I think I may have a way to change the Dynamic Volume so that its linked to the Audio volume and not speed.

Great idea! Dynamic volume is a useful feature but its implementation is poor. Linking to music volume seems like the simplest approach (one control for everything), but it's also the most practical.

Looking forward to future updates. Cheers! :o