AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

Thanks Mate,

Just wanted to thank everyone that contributed to the version 3 updates, I was reluctant to mod my unit as I did not want to brick it, but after reading 34by151's instructions it was simple as so thanks for your hard work mate. If only Pioneer released the unit like this to start with.

You haven't seen anything yet, the new version takes things to a whole new level.

Cheers

34by151

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Mate,

Just wanted to thank everyone that contributed to the version 3 updates, I was reluctant to mod my unit as I did not want to brick it, but after reading 34by151's instructions it was simple as so thanks for your hard work mate. If only Pioneer released the unit like this to start with.

You haven't seen anything yet, the new version takes things to a whole new level.

Cheers

34by151

Sweet...can't wait to see it then. I was impressed with the unit when I first saw it, that faded very quickly when I realised how limited its nav functionality was. Thanks again to you and the other guys, you've made the unit what it should have been.

Sounds good 34by151. Sent you an email too by the way. Been rather distracted lately and decided that I have to pull my finger out and get yours installed. So what's the latest mod... the beta3? Do I just install the V3Updatepart1&2 then copy over the beta files? I've download that R17 map too to check out. Is Testmode 2.3 still the way in? So many questions... only been a few months since I've been on and things have progress heaps.

It's just a pity that there isn't any ipod mods for the unit. Having so many issues with it of late, and combined with problems with folk hearing me on the phone via bluetooth I was nearly ready to chuck it out the window. Lucky it's not that removable eh. Calmed down now and resolved to just hack the hell out of it to get it the way I like it.

Sorry IDT, No offence meant mate.. I realise how that read. Your mods are fantastic or I wouldn't have been using it this long. The problems I have are probably fixed up in revisions or can be changed in settings and I probably should have gone looking for an update but I've been busy lately with other projects.

In the above post I was trying to express my need for change and it wasn't an intention of mine to make yourself or others feel that I was attacking the good work you are doing with your mods.

I have problems with the system in general. It does everything but I have issues with every aspect of the unit. I really wish Pioneer would step up to the table and make changes to their software to improve their product, Pioneer Australia are completely useless, don't release update, provide outdated maps etc etc.

There is so much tallent on these forums that could turn a disappointing product into a 1st class product if only Pioneer would let us access areas like ipod control, voice control etc.

sorry to hijack your thread bro,

No probs I can see both sides. As lacehim promptly apologised i guess we can let it be.

lacehim it might be a good idea to edit your post as well so it does not remain on display

Cheers

34by151

Sesnsis V17 Maps

Just to let everyone know the maps have some issues which I am sorting out before releasing an update.

The terrain is very sparse, I have a much more detailed one thai I will package with the maps.

POI's need work as the categories as mucked up as the V15.1 maps.

Speedcams don't give the correct warnings for red-light camera's

I hope to finish editing the files soon and release a new package on the weekend

Cheers

34by151

Hi 34by151,

I've downloaded your V2 map and FW updates as my machine is bricked. 1 yr and 2 months old. Corrupt file on flash I'm guessing.

I spoke to pioneer and they want me to take it into service centre. (Digressing here)

My question is, i looked at the total file size of the files non compressed I dont think they will fit with the firm ware on my flash. BTW. I've formatted my flash and It's around 880MB. I am thinking that's not right, but I'm hoping it is....

BTW: Do I need any other files to basically do a restore?

Thanks for the support

Gertsy

I suppose the first question is do you have a V2 or V3 firmware Avic as you have to match the mods to your firmware version.

If you really think your unit is bricked you can more than likly fix it yourself via the service menu.

Do some searching and you will easily find that info. I posted a how to myself a while ago for V3 firmware.

If you are sending it back under warranty i would suggest you wipe any mods, even if you just reformat the disk and leave it blank. I would not give pioneer a reason to deny your warranty claim. Not saying they will but no point in putting your hands up. If you have the V3 update you can unbrick by manually installing V3, search and follow the instructions in the forum. If you are sending it back reformat and send it back blank. Play dumb and claim it was the V3 update that did it :-) The repairer will not care as pioneer pay them to fix it for you.

cheers

34by151

Hi thanks for the prompt response. The unit came with V2 on it. Dec 2008.

i know this as I went to do a V2 update and following the instructions it said I didn't need to do it.

The thing I am most worried about is I have 880MB of flash disk space. Is that correct? I thought these units had 2GB of Flash disk ?

The reason I am worried is I know the flash disk board is propietry(3rd party manufacturer) and to replace it is not just plugging in a new flash disk (So pioneer say)

i am quite prepared to do it myself. I restored the a US backup from this site minus the map files last night and it (Radio/DVD/SD Play) works okay until the GPS spits it and the unit reboots.

But before I format the Flash disk again I need to know if installing the V2 firmware and the maps is all I need to have a fully operating unit. Are there other files etc..? I know the firmware update does not replace all files just those being updated.

I'll give your files a go and see what happens. It cant get any worse.

BTW: I have a call back pending from the Pioneer warranty manager. I'll let EVERYBODY know how it goes.

On this site and every technology site/forum I know. Whether it's a good Pioneer Customer service story or a bad one is up to Pioneer.

Gertsy