AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely Superb. 34by151 ! :D Superb.

From a formatted 880GB flash.

Did standard pioneer V2 flash update. from SDCARD1

Rebooted to Testmode v2.3 on SDCARD2

Removed SDCARD2 and put in your updates on SDCARD3

Copied down your updates exactly as instructed.

Removed SDCARD and rebooted.

Prompted for Language and Voice.

Up and running like a bought one. Or closer to the truth "a supported one."

Went for a 20 min drive, set up some defaults. Presets etc. All good.

Did a backup once I got home to the update dir on SDCARD, copied it to my PC and USB drive. Feeling safe now.

Thanks, Thanks and Thanks again. I was not looking forward to pulling out my unit and sending it in.

I will still follow up with Pioneer just for the principle. I wan't a full backup of the default system and maps on a SDCARD and on my computer as I paid for them and I have a right by law to maintain backup copies.

Thanks again. Ur a lifesaver. :D

Hi, 34by151. A follow up / or more like feedback.

I cannot adjust the sound mixing between the GPS Warning/Guide voice and the radio. The "MUTE Input/Guide" option in "AV Settings" is permanently grayed. (And its set to MUTE so a little annoying)

I know to adjust the "MUTE Input/Guide" settings you need to have both AV inputs set to off. Which they are. I even rebooted with them set to off but it made no diff.

Just be interested if this is something other users of the mod have, but havent noticed as the setting was as they wanted when they mod'ed.

Alternatively it could mean I don't have all the executables/files/dlls needed to adjust the setting.

I'll play around with it but It would be interesting to find out if anyone else with the mod has the same situation.

BTW the GPS Graphics & Font look superb. Very readable, especialy for an oldie like me.

Cheers

Gertsy

The "MUTE Input/Guide" option in "AV Settings" is permanently grayed

That's a pioneer thing. Turn off your audio source then go back to the settings. It will not be greyed out when the audio source is off

Cheers

34by151

Spot on 34by151.

The manual says AV sources. So I turned off AV1 and AV2 but you have to turn off the radio/sd source as well which makes sense when you stop and think about it :oops: .

So thats all good.! :D

One more question if I may. In your 2.0 update files there is a single V20a_Update1.rar archive. I haven't applied that. Only the 3 part V20a_Update.partn.rar and the *R151.partn.rar map archives. Should I have ?

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and efforts. Do you have a paypal account? And do you like a drink? Because I'm happy to send you the $ to buy half a dozen or a bottle of spirits for yourself. As long as u don't drink and drive :) . Let me know.

Cheers

Gertsy.

One more question if I may. In your 2.0 update files there is a single V20a_Update1.rar archive. I haven't applied that. Only the 3 part V20a_Update.partn.rar and the *R151.partn.rar map archives. Should I have ?

You can unpack any one of the files in a multipart rar and they will all unpack automaticly, unless one is damaged or missing. So i think you did them all. If you didn't the mod would also not work with missing files

Cheers

34by151

I don't know, if this is a problem with your patch or my system in general.

But running the latest beta you have released, but every 2nd or 3rd boot, the system will boot up and display the destination menu.. instead of the disc playing menu

Mick

That's a pioneer ezrider issue. You will find it either goes to that menu or to the audio menu. I cant change that. However the new mod allows you to select the first screen you go to when selecting map on boot

cheers

34by151

Sensis (WhereIs) R17 Map

Sensis Release Date Feb 11 2010

Usual Disclaimer:

These files are for hobbyist use only. Use them at your own risk I can not be responsible for your actions if something goes wrong. Make sure you take a backup of your system prior to any changes

This Update is for V3 Firmware only

Contained in this release:

Autoboot Installer

Australian Sensis (WhereIs) R17 Map (Released Feb 11 2010)

3D Buildings

3D Petrol Stations

Updated POI's

Updated Speed Cam

Spoken Street Name Corrections (Phoneme.ph file)

Map Warning Bypass

Updated EzRider

Undated Map License files

Updated Terrain (more detailed elevations)

This release has been tested on the Australian AVIC-F900BT

Download files from

http://www.4shared.com/file/255176936/71433445/V3UPDATE03part1.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/255182192/8fe049e8/V3UPDATE03part2.html

Requirements

1. Your AVIC MUST HAVE V3 firmware pre-installed. If you are unsure about this search and read the forums on how to work this out

2. 1 Blank SD card 2GB or larger

Instructions

1. Download the 2 rar files to your computer

2. Put the Rar files in a new directory and extract them using winrar

3. Insert a blank SD card into your computer

It MUST be blank (no files at all on it)

It MUST be formatted using the FAT file system

It MUST be 2GB or larger in size

No exceptions to this

4. Copy the 3 extracted directories to the SD card

5. You will now have created an SD card with 3 subdirectories (backup,update and testmode) in the root

6. Boot your AVIC on the SD card and follow the on screen instructions

NOTE:The Installer will create a backup of your AVIC in the backup directory before updating the maps

Enjoy

34by151

hi 34by151,

followed your instructions, however,when the unit boots up it has an erroe message "Backup directory not found onstorage Card. Directory:"\Myflash Disk\Backup" is missing. Exiting... then it brings up the WinCe screen.

the card definitely has the three directories. and its a 8 gig card, just formated fat.

When i extracted, using winrar, Update 2 asked to write over the Update 1. I let it do that, thats right yeah?

Any ideas?

hi 34by151,

followed your instructions, however,when the unit boots up it has an erroe message "Backup directory not found onstorage Card. Directory:"\Myflash Disk\Backup" is missing. Exiting... then it brings up the WinCe screen.

the card definitely has the three directories. and its a 8 gig card, just formated fat.

When i extracted, using winrar, Update 2 asked to write over the Update 1. I let it do that, thats right yeah?

Any ideas?

Strange it should be looking for "Storage card\Backup". Will check and get back to you

Cheers

34by151

Found the problem, I included the the wrong version in the rar files

Download this file

replace the copytool.mscr in the sdcard/testmode directory

http://www.4shared.com/file/255159481/26a8a848/CopyTool.html

I'm uploading a revised update with the correct file in it, will let everyone know once that is uploaded

Cheers

34by151

Beluga, do you use WinRAR? I highlight both files then right click and select "extract to V3Update03" with WinRAR. I don't get any messages asking to overwrite files. The final extracted folder size is 274Mb, 79 Files & 19 Folders.