AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

when you said "Alter the decives section of sys.txt to your model version" , I was wondering what is the model version of the European F500BT ? I wasn't sure if theres a difference in Eu F500BT and EU F900B

Also , my desire is to convert my EU F500BT to aus. At the moment I have version 1 firmware. Im a little confused right now. Can i download the v2 firmware from the aus pioneer site , or do i have to download it from the EU site since my unit is EU (and then later upload the aus maps) ??

First up either purchase V3 from pioneer spares or download it on this forum. I'd recommend purchasing it though.

Look at the sys.txt from you backup.

Replicate the line in the [device] section to your new sys.txt

I don't have the correct device line for you off hand but you can easily search for it

Cheers

34by151

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First up either purchase V3 from pioneer spares or download it on this forum. I'd recommend purchasing it though.

Look at the sys.txt from you backup.

Replicate the line in the [device] section to your new sys.txt

I don't have the correct device line for you off hand but you can easily search for it

Cheers

34by151

Thanks ! I found the EW device number. Its all starting to come together now. Re: the firmware, I rang pioneer and a retailer and it is sold only as a bundle (maps + v3) for approx $200, correct?

That is a little steep, perhaps i will stick with v2 mods.

I think i might be missing something as i updated to the unofficial V3 and the R17 OZ Maps on my US Model and it works fine. What is the reason for changing the sys.txt file?

The only reason for rebooting due to map is if they are missing, so i don't think this relates to you map update. I suggest you read the unofficial update thread as the answers you need will more than likely be there.

The reason for updating the device line is it tells igo (the nav software) what model you have. This sets up the hardware used. Ie using a uk or aus model on a us unit will attempt to start the TMC hardware that you do not have. Always make sure you have the original device in sys.txt when every you replace sys.txt

cheers

34by151

I rang pioneer and a retailer and it is sold only as a bundle (maps + v3) for approx $200, correct?

That is a little steep, perhaps i will stick with v2 mods.

That is correct it comes with the V15.1 map (2 generations behind). The main reason for updating is that nobody is doing any work on the V2 firmware. So if you want mods you will have to do that yourself.

V3 is an updated version of Igo (V8.3) so that also comes with new features. Al ot of the new mods exploit these features. Also the latest maps are 16.1 which are almost 2 years old now. I doubt you will have a new map update for the old version into the future.

If you think the $200 is to steep look into the unofficial update on this forum

Cheers

34by151

I just installed the update and map for v2....worked great! Thanx so much! ... Is it ok that its installed on 2.007 (from EU site) , rather than the aussie 2.0 ? So far so good but just want to double check.

Yeah EU and OZ are mostly the same. The main reason for the different models is to stop the oz units using features eliminated from oz models none of which effect anything in the nav.

BTW you still need to set the device line in sys.txt correctly

For everyone with non Oz models, the new V3 skin works on all units out of the box. Longer do we have 4 versions for the hardware types;

US With MSN

US without MSN

TMC

Non TMC

The installer will ask you what Model you have (ie 500,700,900 ect)

Then it asks for your hardware region (US,EU,OZ)

From these answers it sets up the sys.txt and the variables in the nav software

In the Settings/regional screen you can select these option if you have set things incorrectly

All of the code refers to this section to enable and disable features related to hardware. IE if you cant select man if you don't have an msn model. This stop msn code starting and breaking the blutetooth functions on the other models. In fact you will never find any of the msn buttons unless you have an msn model selected.

BTW this will not make having and MSN model and MSN selected will not make MSN work outside of the US as you will not have any data received by the radio.

Cheers

34by151

[

If you think the $200 is to steep look into the unofficial update on this forum

Cheers

34by151

Hi, I saw the unofficial update in a couple of places on the forum, however in one of the threads, for the EU 3.00 , they started to mention after a page that it is only an 80% upgrade for the F500 model, and in the other thread (main one on hacks/mods page), no one could confirm whether it would work with the f500 , with one of the reasons being that the button sequence code cannot be performed on the F500 due to lack of an eject button. A couple people appeared to have problems with that. So im not quite sure where to find a confirmed F500 compatible version.

Thanks

Mike

I cant comment on the F500 unoficial update as I have not seen it or done one myself.

I recomend you get the oficial update, you are probally best to get the one that matches your model IE US / UK or OZ. I'd expect the US and UK ones to be cheeper

Cheers

34by151

I cant comment on the F500 unoficial update as I have not seen it or done one myself.

I recomend you get the oficial update, you are probally best to get the one that matches your model IE US / UK or OZ. I'd expect the US and UK ones to be cheeper

Cheers

34by151

Thanks, but sourcing the UK one might be difficult. I did find a US one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Pioneer-Map- ... 1718wt_940

Which is roughly a 90 dollar saving from locally... however as you stated , wrong region.

Regarding sys.txt what i did was just alter the device line in the SD card on my laptop , then put SD card in avic unit and copy to flashdisk, etc?

For everyone with non Oz models, the new V3 skin works on all units out of the box. Longer do we have 4 versions for the hardware types;

US With MSN

US without MSN

TMC

Non TMC

The installer will ask you what Model you have (ie 500,700,900 ect)

Then it asks for your hardware region (US,EU,OZ)

Cheers

34by151

Where can i download the V3 skin from?

Also i have looked everywhere but i can not find the screen that shows the speedo and other info in IGO i think they call it a cruise dial, does anyone know?

thanks.

You need the first one V3UPDATE01 this has the basic mods plus the maps. The Skin starts with V3UPDATE02. You can miss V3UPDATE02 and jump right to V3UPDATE02c. If you apply betas you must install the full update before that but can jump to the last beta.

Yes i remember reading that now, i cant see the V3Update02c only V3 update 03 is this the one i want for the skin? also i do not currently have the 3d buildings in the r17 maps am i supposed to and does it have the cruise dial in IGO? thanks.

Hi 34by151,

Just like to send out my Thanks to you - just got my X910BT from the US with V3 on it and ran all your updates and its all looks good so far! - great unit.... need to still play with it a bit more.

Also thanks for taking the time to reply to all my PM's in the past.... i know you probably sick of the same questions...but you still answer them all!

I havnt tested it yet on the road but in my garage i can pick up the satellites and streets etc.... where as before it picked up nothing.

I'll just search around to see what futher 'hacks' are available to make this unit better!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!!