AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

34by151, i also want to say thanks for all your help and hard work! the maps looks great, just one question with the Lang US, sounds, and speedcam files from your download site, do i need to copy these accross or is that allready done in the R17 map update? and if so is it just a matter off copying those files into he respective folders of the IGO program on the unit?

Thanks Again.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34by151, i also want to say thanks for all your help and hard work! the maps looks great, just one question with the Lang US, sounds, and speedcam files from your download site, do i need to copy these accross or is that allready done in the R17 map update? and if so is it just a matter off copying those files into he respective folders of the IGO program on the unit?

Thanks Again.

Just apply the V3Updates in order, follow the instructions in the thread and all will be ok

Cheers

34by151

I am having a bit of trouble. I had the R17 maps installed from page 40 and was working great, when i installed the V302a and b and then the V303 part 1 and 2 from page 14 the skin came up well but the bluetooth no longer works i read the posts and am not sure what i need to do to fix it as there is conflicting information. their are 2 bluetooth updates on the 4shared site which one and how to apply? also is the R17 map on page 40 and the V303 from page 14 the same as this change is what seems to have done it.

thanks.

I am having a bit of trouble. I had the R17 maps installed from page 40 and was working great, when i installed the V302a and b and then the V303 part 1 and 2 from page 14 the skin came up well but the bluetooth no longer works i read the posts and am not sure what i need to do to fix it as there is conflicting information. their are 2 bluetooth updates on the 4shared site which one and how to apply? also is the R17 map on page 40 and the V303 from page 14 the same as this change is what seems to have done it.

thanks.

I don't know what you mean by page 40 this thread only has 29 pages

If you are having bluetooth issues it will be because MSN has been powered up, go into testmode and delete the msnd files from the save directory.

Also check you have the correct device in sys.txt

Cheers

34by151

I deleted the Msn and Msdn files and still no bluetooth, when i try updating the BT software it keeps failing?

If I remember right you have a US version?

If that is right don't put a UK or OZ BT patch on it as it does not have the same hardware.

If you must patch the BT do so with the correct version

IF the BT is not working there are plenty of threads relating the US BT issues, do a search

Cheers

34by151

Yes i have the US model, i have downloaded all the different US bluetooth updates for the unit from pioneer and other sources and none of them are working it just says failed, i am thinking this is because of the fact that there is no version of bluetooth listed on the unit to update. can you please help me to copy the bluetooth software files from my original backup to the correct place in the V303 update of yours so that when i install it again it might work.

the blue light on the front of the unit comes on at the start and then it stays off.

Ok, i have restored the back up from when i first loaded the r17 maps on and the bluetooth has come back and in the bluetooth software menu there is a version of Bluetooth software listed. For some reason the new skin in V302a onwards removes the bluetooth software on my unit.

34by151 can you please explain to me how i can copy the files from my back relating to the Bluetooth into the update with your 3d skin so when i re-install, it also loades the bluetooth software. also there are multiple sys.txt files all with different numbers and endings in the file so do i also need to delete all bar the UC one for me?

Thanks Again.

You have a US model the has different hardware to the OZ ones. So putting on Oz or UK bluetooth patches is probally not a good thing, as is trying to downgrade them.

Try to put on the patches for your US model. If they wont load there are lots of threads dealing with this where you will you find lots of info. Just search for bluetooth

Cheers

34by151

The US patches were not working, at the moment i am running the R17 maps that you posted first without the skin mods and the bluetooth works fine, i just want to know how i can copy accross the relevant files i curently have into the updated Skin map update you created so as it keeps the same bluetooth files when i do the update with your skin.

I did a search but it is not answering the problems related to what i have expierenced apart from loading in new BT software which did not work.

Hi 34by151,

Just to clarify - if i downloaded and have applied ONLY the files from

V3UPDATE03.part1.rar

V3UPDATE03.part2.rar

from your site and nothing else, do I still need to then go 'backwards' and apply the older files

V3UPDATE01.part1.rar

V3UPDATE01.part2.rar

V3UPDATE02a.rar

V3UPDATE02b.rar

As you mention

Contained in this release:

Autoboot Installer

Australian Sensis (WhereIs) R17 Map (Released Feb 11 2010)

3D Buildings

3D Petrol Stations

Updated POI's

Updated Speed Cam

Spoken Street Name Corrections (Phoneme.ph file)

Map Warning Bypass

Updated EzRider

Undated Map License files

Updated Terrain (more detailed elevations)

So i am assuming that the

V3UPDATE03.part1.rar

V3UPDATE03.part2.rar files is the most upto date package with all past updates?

Thanks

Update01 is the V16.1 maps

Update 02b is the skin

Update03 is the V17.1 maps

So if you want V17maps and the skin apply Updates 02b and 03

If you want to do it all in one go

download updates 02b and 03

Extract 02b to your hdd

Follow the instructions on page 23 up to step 5

Copy the files extracted for 02b to the update dir on the sd card (with the folder structure)

Resume instructions on page 23

Cheers

34by151