AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34by151,

is there anyway of changing the road signs back to green as i cant see them properly in the blue and white? I have got into the menu setting for colour changes and it does not allow me to modify anything.

Thanks.

You can alter the theme by modifying the branding file or alter the signpost.ini file in the data.zip.

The new version has the ability to alter the sign colour and size in the settings menu, so you may want to wait for that. there is lot's of info on changing colours on this board of you search for it

Cheers

34by151

thanks for your help, i look forward to seeing the new one.

The info on the new skin is in the "Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10" thread

here http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=29404

When we release the new version it will be a common version for all regions we will also be starting a new thread dedicated to the new skin.

Cheers

34by151

• 4 weeks later...

Downloading the new maps as we speak so I can install them tomorrow. One thing I must ask though is what exactly is the v02b skins? I remember a few months ago you gave me a beta version of the new skin... the one with the big extras button on the top left of the screen.. Is the v02b an update of this or is that beta similar to the new skin being developed. Do you have a rough estimate of the release date for the next version?

Also I'm not too sure what iGo setting I have turned on but every time I come to a roundabout or intersection it notifies me with a beep sound... its pretty irritating and pointless. One other thing I want to be able to do is make the speed camera alert only alert me once or twice instead of every 100 metres. Is this possible?

Regards

Toby

Ok, so I installed the V17 maps on my new UK F910BT without problems (downloaded the update03 files, un-rar'ed to a 4Gb FAT32 SD card, retaining directory structure, inserted card into unit, powered up, followed prompts). All works perfectly. Brilliant !

Next, I tried to install the skin using the Update02b files. Followed the same process as before (delete previous files from the card, downloaded, un-rar'ed, copied to the 4Gb SD card, retaining directory structure etc etc) but when I power up the unit it goes into testmode but doesn't prompt me to do anything - just sits there with the WinCE screen. Am I missing something ? I thought the skin installation was interactive ? Am I meant to instead manually copy files across to "My Flash Disk" ? Seems to be the same issues that Richiey described a few posts back.

thanks

Geoff

Yeah the skin doesn't have an auto installer. Just copy over the files and paste them over the top of the old ones. I installed it yesterday and it worked fine like that

Thanks for that. I kinda figured that might've been the case. In the end I decided to install diaftia's mod instead, and that worked fine.