AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

can you please explain how i can copy the files from my back relating to the Bluetooth into the update with your 3d skin so when i re-install, it also loades the bluetooth software. also there are multiple sys.txt files all with different numbers and endings in the file so do i also need to delete all bar the UC one for me?

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can you please explain how i can copy the files from my back relating to the Bluetooth into the update with your 3d skin so when i re-install, it also loades the bluetooth software. also there are multiple sys.txt files all with different numbers and endings in the file so do i also need to delete all bar the UC one for me?

You cant copy the BT it is installed with the OS. The best way to load new bt software is with the update feature in the phone, however this does not relate to this thread. There are lots of threads on this do a search for them.

The only file that is read is sys.txt. This must have the correct device line for your model.

Samples are provided for most models in the apl2\igo directory. You may rename the one for you model to sys.txt if you wish

Cheers

34by151

Thanks I will give it a shot. The only reason i was asking here is because the BT software is totally erased when i load the new map skin on.

What software are you refering to. The data.zip supplied nor any other data.zip does not contain any BT software. The BT software is part of the os boot image. If that was erased you would not get an operating system at all

Cheers

34by151

I mean when the unit turns on after the New skin has been installed the Blue BT light is no longer on and when i go to the update BT software screen there is now software listed at all so for some reason it is removing it, as when i go back tot he standard R17 map the BT version and software are displayed in the update BT screen. I think Beluga had the exact same prob as me earlier in the thread but i am not sure if he managed to fix it.

I mean when the unit turns on after the New skin has been installed the Blue BT light is no longer on and when i go to the update BT software screen there is now software listed at all so for some reason it is removing it, as when i go back tot he standard R17 map the BT version and software are displayed in the update BT screen. I think Beluga had the exact same prob as me earlier in the thread but i am not sure if he managed to fix it.

Maybe you should PM him. changing the map files has nothing to do the bluetooth. If you have "software not found" in the phone menu the OS has not loaded the drivers. Again lots of info on this if you search.

Cheers

34by151

Hi 34by151

Im just wondering how can I verify if I have SUNA working correctly?

Just to summarise

- Im in Melbourne

- Euro F500BT with 2.07 firmware and all your 2.0/2.0a/SUNA updates installed and 15.1 maps. Working fine.

- In traffic menu, I see the blue signal that goes up and down and it says "TMC present", but I have yet to actually see any reports... it always says 'no traffic updates'.

I havnt used the unit for long yet, so perhaps I havn't encountered any situations?

Another quick thing, I noticed I have 2 DATA.zip files, one inside the APL2 folder and another in APL2/iGo. I know the iGo one is the active one, but was wondering if its normal to have 2? One is 8.77mb and the other one inside the iGo folder is 7.03mb. No problems with unit , but was wondering which one should be placed in iGo?

Best regards and THANK YOU always for the help you offer.

Mike

If you have V2 firmware SUNA will not be working because you will not have a subscription.

If you upgrade to a legit V3 SUNA will be activated, that is assuming you have an OZ version Avic and Update.

Igo will ignore the extra data.zip that you have in the APL2 directory, you can delete this file

Cheers

34by151

If you have V2 firmware SUNA will not be working because you will not have a subscription.

If you upgrade to a legit V3 SUNA will be activated, that is assuming you have an OZ version Avic and Update.

Igo will ignore the extra data.zip that you have in the APL2 directory, you can delete this file

Cheers

34by151

Thanx! Regarding the last line .."assuming you have an OZ version Avic" ... If I buy the legit v3 from Pioneer Aus, Will SUNA work then? Given I do have the Euro F500BT, but if I buy the Aus v3 , wouldn't my unit be effectively the same? The only thing i can think of , changing the device line back to the EU model number...would that disallow SUNA to work?

Regards

Mike

Given I do have the Euro F500BT, but if I buy the Aus v3 , wouldn't my unit be effectively the same? The only thing i can think of , changing the device line back to the EU model number...would that disallow SUNA to work?

I can't answer that as I don't have a 500 or an EU500, so i can't confirm that for you.

But I think you have answered your own question. They cant be the same if you have different device ID's.

Does that mean the TMC tuner is the same, I don't know

If it is the same will the update work, Don't know

I can tell you that the EU BT update worked on Aus models, not that that is the TMC but it's hopeful.

From the OEM code I can tell you the differences are minor. The AU just has options present in the EU version commented out and bypassed.

I think this is more because pioneer did not want to spend on testing. it was cheaper just to disable. I have not found anything code wise that will not run on both.

so for a few hundred bucks for the update it is worth a punt

Cheers

34by151

Update01 is the V16.1 maps

Update 02b is the skin

Update03 is the V17.1 maps

So if you want V17maps and the skin apply Updates 02b and 03

If you want to do it all in one go

download updates 02b and 03

Extract 02b to your hdd

Follow the instructions on page 23 up to step 5

Copy the files extracted for 02b to the update dir on the sd card (with the folder structure)

Resume instructions on page 23

Cheers

34by151

Hi, I am just trying to get the skins to install just not 100% sure what to do - I did the V3 update03 with new maps on a X910BT US unit and seems ok so far, now i want to upgrade the skins as per your instructions i downloaded V3UPDATE02b.rar

Within this rar file is 2 directories

testmode

My Flash Disk --> inside this directory is APL, APL2, Utils

So what i did (not sure if this is correct)

I used the same directory structure when i did the V3update03 but just cleared the contents out on my SD Card

So from V3UPDATE02b.rar i copied the testmode directory into the root, then i copied the directories in the 'My Flash Disk' to the Update directory, the backup directory i just cleared from my card.

I also updated the sys.txt file to reflect my US version.

So my card just basically has

Update

testmode

WHen i turn the system on with the SD card in the head unit it goes straight to test mode , how do i then apply the V3UPDATE02b updates for the skins, i know for the V3UPDATE03 it has pop ups that drives you through the process.

If you want the the V16.1 maps, use Update01 and follow the instructions posted

If you want the the V17.1 maps, use Update03 and follow the instructions posted

If you want the the Skin, use Update02b and follow the instructions posted

If you want both V17.1 maps and the skin you have 2 options

Option 1 (Both at the same time)

1. Download Update02b and Update03

2. Follow the Update03 instructions up to and including step 4

3. Extract Update02b to you hard disk

4. Copy the files extracted from Update02b on to the SD card

* copy the files to the sd card update directory

* retain the directory structure

5. Your sd card will now have in the update directory these subdirectories

APL

APL2

Utils

6. Continue on with the instructions for Update03 (step 5)

Option 2 (One at a time)

1. Follow the Update03 instructions

2. Follow the Update02b instructions

You can do either one first it does not matter

Cheers

34by151