AVIC411.com

I think the same thing, but the problems started after using the latest mod to cmh.

that's why I ask the question anyway.

I am in the same boat. I just installed the mod last week. Went pretty smooth. Initially the bluetooth was working 100%, I recall having a conversation about how cool the mod was while on bluetooth. However a couple of days later the bluetooth stopped working altogether. On the weekend I upgraded to an iphone 3GS and today confirmed it cannot see the F900BT either and vice versa. I was with my mate at his car audio store earlier and we verified that his nokia could also not see the avic and vice versa. He suggested getting a bluetooth update off the forum (don't even know if there is one anywhere here) and try that.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Galadril and Ozdude, I gave this forum the solution to the Bluetooth F900/700/500.

solution work fine :

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24985

my cmh928 mod I changed to F900/700/500 europe (page1, message1 : "UPDATE du 09/06/09 à 21h30")

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=124532&whichpage=1

Cheers dude, much appreciated!

my god.. all this rubbish.. the cmh mod does not do anything to the bt... geeze........ if all this happened after the mod it is pure coincidence... geeze no wonder cmh left.. I don't blame him.... if you guys cant get his mod to work? do you even know how to feed yourselves ???? geeze... next guru who can invent a mod should put a disclaimer saying if you fubar your unit after installing... then its just too bad... dont come a cryin and tough luck..

please come back CMH and to hell with all the crybabies who made you leave....

It's a shame to see people that don't think, drive one of the few modders we have away. Modding is not for the average "yo yo lookit ma navi" moron. You have to have some common sense, and be able to follow instructions fairly well. I'm somewhat of a geek having been a member of the homebrew club in the early 80s, but I still took several days of reading this forum, making sure I understood the architecture of the Avic, and generally having a clue how modding these units went, before I ever attempted to mod it. I can feel CMH's pain with having people want to do something but in the end having no clue what they were doing and bricking their unit then come crying to the mod maker because they were dumb and/or couldn't follow instructions.

Listen people, if you are in the least bit apprehensive about modding your units, DO NOT DO IT. Regardless of what you do you risk bricking it. If you can take the time to learn and understand the unit, have a general idea about the files you putting on your toy, and in the end accept that you might brick it, then feel free to mod, otherwise DO NOT DO IT.

I'm more of a lurker than an active participant because of the same troubles CMH is going through. I cook firmwares for HTC phones and used to share them with the community until I had 1 too many morons come crying to me after they couldn't follow simple instructions. I'm sorry to see you stop helping the community CHM, and will dearly miss your work, but I'll raise a glass to your efforts!

TLDR??? Cliffs??? If you're an idiot and can't follow instructions, please stay away. If you mod your unit, do so at your own risk, and DO NOT blame the modder when you screw up.

THANK YOU CMH for your time and effort.

damn well said!!!

Hi Galadril and Ozdude, I gave this forum the solution to the Bluetooth F900/700/500.

solution work fine :

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24985

my cmh928 mod I changed to F900/700/500 europe (page1, message1 : "UPDATE du 09/06/09 à 21h30")

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=124532&whichpage=1

worked perfectly! Took less than 5 mins. Thanks, I was really starting to scratch my head.

my god.. all this rubbish.. the cmh mod does not do anything to the bt... geeze........ if all this happened after the mod it is pure coincidence... geeze no wonder cmh left.. I don't blame him.... if you guys cant get his mod to work? do you even know how to feed yourselves ???? geeze... next guru who can invent a mod should put a disclaimer saying if you fubar your unit after installing... then its just too bad... dont come a cryin and tough luck..

please come back CMH and to hell with all the crybabies who made you leave....

Sorry but it seems you are generalising when a lot of people are using non-US AVICs. There *may* be zero issues on US AVICs, but you cannot overlay that to *all* AVICs worldwide! Seceondly no whining from me, I just wanted a solution. I'm a big boy and not afaid to mod anything.

and even if you are fairly new to modding as i was..be smart..edit only image files until you feel comfortable moving forward

p.s. if you bricked your unit you must really be not too bright because on numerous forums here are backup zip files of the original software provided by pioneer..dont be lazy browse around and use the search button for goodness sake, it will become a very useful tool

illuxion, You bring up an interesting point.. if you go to "THE" htc user site..... you can find 50- 100 pages of members/users finding problems with a single cooked ROM and this happens over and over again. In 99.999% of the cases the Chef usually corrects the issues and does not take his toys, cry and go home... the HTC community also helps to solve "PERSISTENT" issues by offering their own experiences in a way that usually helps solve the problem..... a common reccuring issue is not to be ignored as just "user error".... you find the reason or actually correct the misuse of the hack/mod. If this guy wants to leave, then go..... it is ridiculous, and for all you babies and suck-ups.... to bad for you too. There are many others who will find this great site and contribute along with the wizards already here... I am not the one that encounters problems with hacks and mods, so I have no complaints about "THE MOD" itself, but to ignore a prevelant problems is bad practice and calling out the people who have a nonfunctioning unit when they obviously only want a working unit is bad practice also.... I say the problem exists, and I say good riddance to babies no matter who you are. I DONT PRAISE BABIES. ALSO, when the venon is unleashed, I will not respond.... grow up ahead of time......

and to the Chefs and Modders............. thanks, there is great stuff here and more to come...... AVIC411 rocks...................

It's a shame........................................I'm more of a lurker than an active participant because of the same troubles CMH is going through. I cook firmwares for HTC phones and used to share them with the community until I had 1 too many morons come crying to me after they couldn't follow simple instructions. I'm sorry to see you stop helping the community CHM, and will dearly miss your work, but I'll raise a glass to your efforts!

TLDR??? Cliffs??? If you're an idiot and can't follow instructions, please stay away. If you mod your unit, do so at your own risk, and DO NOT blame the modder when you screw up.

THANK YOU CMH for your time and effort.