AVIC411.com

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As part of my preparation for this mod, I want to prepare an update SD Card. I know nothing about this sort of programming and so based upon what I have seen in other people's work I have prepared this:

MiTACAP

APL2

IGO

CONTENT

MapDBInfo.txt

BUILDING

austria.3dc

austria.3dl

DEM

MAP

UnitedKingdom7PPC8.0TA_2009.02.1_090511.fbl

POI

austria.poi

SPEEDCAM

UKSpeedCamText.txt

Testmode

CopyTool.exe

NNtestmode.exe

Each time the card is used I would insert the update files in the appropriate folder(s) on the SD card.

My questions are:

1. If this is put in the SD slot and the unit switched on, will the various updates be automatically loaded?

2. Assuming that these file names had been used previously, will this replace the speed camera database, austrian poi, uk map, and austrian buildings without duplication whilst leaving all the other files untouched including the file(s) in the DEM folder.

Thanks

Colin

As part of my preparation for this mod, I want to prepare an update SD Card. I know nothing about this sort of programming and so based upon what I have seen in other people's work I have prepared this:

MiTACAP

APL2

IGO

CONTENT

MapDBInfo.txt

BUILDING

austria.3dc

austria.3dl

DEM

MAP

UnitedKingdom7PPC8.0TA_2009.02.1_090511.fbl

POI

austria.poi

SPEEDCAM

UKSpeedCamText.txt

Testmode

CopyTool.exe

NNtestmode.exe

Each time the card is used I would insert the update files in the appropriate folder(s) on the SD card.

My questions are:

1. If this is put in the SD slot and the unit switched on, will the various updates be automatically loaded?

2. Assuming that these file names had been used previously, will this replace the speed camera database, austrian poi, uk map, and austrian buildings without duplication whilst leaving all the other files untouched including the file(s) in the DEM folder.

Thanks

Colin

If you read the hacks section, there are some links to auto-install a mod without confusing yourself on what to do.

Just be sure to backup your unit before you mod anything, as being said many many times on this thread.

Good luck.

It's a shame to see people that don't think, drive one of the few modders we have away. Modding is not for the average "yo yo lookit ma navi" moron. You have to have some common sense, and be able to follow instructions fairly well. I'm somewhat of a geek having been a member of the homebrew club in the early 80s, but I still took several days of reading this forum, making sure I understood the architecture of the Avic, and generally having a clue how modding these units went, before I ever attempted to mod it. I can feel CMH's pain with having people want to do something but in the end having no clue what they were doing and bricking their unit then come crying to the mod maker because they were dumb and/or couldn't follow instructions.

Listen people, if you are in the least bit apprehensive about modding your units, DO NOT DO IT. Regardless of what you do you risk bricking it. If you can take the time to learn and understand the unit, have a general idea about the files you putting on your toy, and in the end accept that you might brick it, then feel free to mod, otherwise DO NOT DO IT.

I'm more of a lurker than an active participant because of the same troubles CMH is going through. I cook firmwares for HTC phones and used to share them with the community until I had 1 too many morons come crying to me after they couldn't follow simple instructions. I'm sorry to see you stop helping the community CHM, and will dearly miss your work, but I'll raise a glass to your efforts!

TLDR??? Cliffs??? If you're an idiot and can't follow instructions, please stay away. If you mod your unit, do so at your own risk, and DO NOT blame the modder when you screw up.

THANK YOU CMH for your time and effort.

I will miss CMH, He helped me learn to mod my own unit myself. He even made a version for my to use and work with and I really was greatfull. I took what he made for me and modded it more to adjust things just the way i liked it, but without his help i would have never figured any of it out on my own, People have got to remember, you mess around with things on your own you run the risk of bricking your unit, its no one else but you own fault. Thee mods have worked GREAT for many many people and just b/c it bricked you unit does not make it CMH's fault, its all your fault b/c it worked for everyone else so YOU must have done something wrong for it to mess your unit up. But now b/c of the Dumb Masses (Neil Bortz term) you have driven away one of the great modders of this forum. NJ guys, and take care CMH, hope you find your way back sometime once 3.0 is out and share your wizdom with those of use who appreciate it!

CMH,

I have a question and hopefully you can help me out..... I'm not a big modder.....and came across you mod.... installed it... and love it. But I do have a one thing I hope you can help me with. When searching for POI I use to be able to search for POI using an address... in other words... I could put in a city and search for a POI in that city.... with your mod as you know.... it's around GPS location and around cursor...(with no active route set)...

Is there anyway you could help me get that back?

Thanks again for the cool mod.

Jason

CMH,

I have a question and hopefully you can help me out..... I'm not a big modder.....and came across you mod.... installed it... and love it. But I do have a one thing I hope you can help me with. When searching for POI I use to be able to search for POI using an address... in other words... I could put in a city and search for a POI in that city.... with your mod as you know.... it's around GPS location and around cursor...(with no active route set)...

Jason

As far as I can remember, it has always been like that. Look at the user manual, it should still be the same.

CMH,

Jason

As far as I can remember, it has always been like that. Look at the user manual, it should still be the same.

Now that you mention it... i think your right..... I had GTI's mod on here before installing CMH's so maybe his mod has that option..... Boy that's one option I miss....

Umm....so any chance anyone could rapidshare, anonymously, the latest cmh928 (6.6.09) data.zip?

(Or pm me with an idea of where I might be able to find his files?)

I had the FTP page open today and went to download and got the 401 (eek!). Now, it all appears gone. Truly sad that some buffoons too lazy to read and learn before jumping in drove this guy away. :(

CHM, I couldnt imagine the stress you have doing something and hearing that it messed their system up because of people not reading things properly, I just wanted to let you know that the people you helped out weigh the few that have had problems. Im not going to beg you to stay but with the few good modders/programmers around we need the good ones like your self to stay, I still cant believe how a few days ago I was reading how you had made a full dummy proof installer and some people still manage to mess it up.

Im kinda sad as well because I took my time to read a lot of the parts on the forum before getting into the modding part my self (look at my join date people, I just didnt jump in, I did my research) and now when I finally said "ok I think im ready" I find this post and no file :(

If this makes you feel any better, if it wasnt for people like you, leetcoder, ill.die.trying and many others im missing, I would have taken this unit and took it back and im sure im not alone on this.

Anyhoo I know this is a forum and people come here to learn, im not telling people not to ask, but if you check my posts, how many of them were directing people to the bypass post because "is it possible to bypass....?" Hey im guilty of stupid stuff too but I learned :P

Brad :)