AVIC411.com

"Has anyone in the UK used this and do they have any comments?"

yep I am. the Euro version works great.

For Maps you have to download the latest versions.

I did this and put them in the IGO\content folder booted from the same SD card and they were copied across.

I'm running th 2009 maps version. Even has the latest road changes in sheffield...

Maps and POIs have to be loaded yourself.

Once I've made the complete euro version with maps I'll upload it. But it will be a large file.

My version of Cmh928 mod and maps is approx 1.2GB this is why the mods come without maps.

I'm an absolute beginner so, If I can do it, I'm sure anyone can.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Has anyone in the UK used this and do they have any comments?"

yep I am. the Euro version works great.

For Maps you have to download the latest versions.

I did this and put them in the IGO\content folder booted from the same SD card and they were copied across.

I'm running th 2009 maps version. Even has the latest road changes in sheffield...

Maps and POIs have to be loaded yourself.

Once I've made the complete euro version with maps I'll upload it. But it will be a large file.

My version of Cmh928 mod and maps is approx 1.2GB this is why the mods come without maps.

I'm an absolute beginner so, If I can do it, I'm sure anyone can.

Would really appreciate that.I am a UK user in Hull.My unit is great now that I have installed the Cmh928 mod.Far better than the Pioneer original.

Thanks for your response, much appreciated. As ever, you prompted a couple of supplemenatary questions:

1. From where did you download your maps and POI?

2.I use my SD card to store my clients' addresses as POI. Will this still work with this mod version.

3. Does the mod have an effect on the use of the phone and/or USB & iPhone connectivity?

4. Are you using the speed camera data that came with the mod. If yes where can you update it.

Really greatful.

Thanks

Colin

Thanks for your response, much appreciated. As ever, you prompted a couple of supplemenatary questions:

1. From where did you download your maps and POI?

2.I use my SD card to store my clients' addresses as POI. Will this still work with this mod version.

3. Does the mod have an effect on the use of the phone and/or USB & iPhone connectivity?

4. Are you using the speed camera data that came with the mod. If yes where can you update it.

Really greatful.

Thanks

Colin

1. Find the 2008.4 maps thread

2. Should work.

3. Does not affect it.

4. It is included in his latest mod.

I like to think ahead with any job, so I am trying to ensure that I will be able to update the speed camera file, before I do the mod. I have asked a couple of times on the forum from where I could update speedcamupdate.spud, but without any response.

So I have approached the problem a different way, and hope that someone can confirm that it's ok.

I have downloaded free tom-tom european speedcamera data from http://www.poigenie.co.uk/speed_cameras. I then converted this from ov2 format to IGO 2006 SE Plus format, which I think is the same as IGO8.0 format, using Export2IGO which I downloaded as a free utility.

The result looks like this:

X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DirType,Direction

The file is called SpeedCamText.txt which I propose to use instead of the speedcamupdate.spud provided in the mod download. Each time I update I will merely replace the text file.

Does anyone know whether this will work?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but a search does not reveal the information I need.

Thanks

Colin

I like to think ahead with any job, so I am trying to ensure that I will be able to update the speed camera file, before I do the mod. I have asked a couple of times on the forum from where I could update speedcamupdate.spud, but without any response.

So I have approached the problem a different way, and hope that someone can confirm that it's ok.

I have downloaded free tom-tom european speedcamera data from http://www.poigenie.co.uk/speed_cameras. I then converted this from ov2 format to IGO 2006 SE Plus format, which I think is the same as IGO8.0 format, using Export2IGO which I downloaded as a free utility.

The result looks like this:

X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DirType,Direction

The file is called SpeedCamText.txt which I propose to use instead of the speedcamupdate.spud provided in the mod download. Each time I update I will merely replace the text file.

Does anyone know whether this will work?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but a search does not reveal the information I need.

Thanks

Colin

This is pretty much the correct way of loading speed camera information into iGO. Just be prepared to wait for a while as iGO churns out the SPDB file.

WARNING doing this mod may cause your Bluetooth to stop working completely. It even deletes the version info in some cases. If this happens, try to do a hard reset. If the reset does not fix the issue, go to MyFlashDisk/User / userdata / iGO / Save and User / userdata / Setup and bluetooth in test mode and erase the contents and restart. If that fails you may need to re-install update V2.0 from Pioneer to regain control of your unit. Personally it is a hassle but it is worth it to have the friendlier GUI.

WARNING doing this mod may cause your Bluetooth to stop working completely. It even deletes the version info in some cases. If this happens, try to do a hard reset. If the reset does not fix the issue, go to MyFlashDisk/User / userdata / iGO / Save and User / userdata / Setup and bluetooth in test mode and erase the contents and restart. If that fails you may need to re-install update V2.0 from Pioneer to regain control of your unit. Personally it is a hassle but it is worth it to have the friendlier GUI.

stop spreading rumors, i have tried his mod and didn't have any of the problems you guys are having, this is one reason why cmh is leaving, you guys are pissing him off

stop spreading rumors, i have tried his mod and didn't have any of the problems you guys are having, this is one reason why cmh is leaving, you guys are pissing him off

Dude, I'm informing people of an error, relax. My system was working fine this afternoon, I just did the mod a half hour ago and then there was no bluetooth. After a very small amount of research some people end up losing the BT instantly after this mod, some within a couple days, and a few don't lose it at all. Being that this mod was the only change to my system between this afternoon and this evening, and now the problem is occuring and several others have reported the same problem, I would call it more than an overwhelming coincidence. I think the mod is fantastic, but this bluetooth issue should be known by people before they install it. People should be aware of this risk.

I have used everyone's mods..all versions, hacked my unit several times, and never had a bluetooth problem. The mods only mod the navi portion. I suggest you reload your Avi back to stock and leave it alone.

I have used everyone's mods..all versions, hacked my unit several times, and never had a bluetooth problem. The mods only mod the navi portion. I suggest you reload your Avi back to stock and leave it alone.

Once again, I am not the only user reporting this type of issue with this specific mod. In my original message I state that it MAY cause the bluetooth to stop working. I'm not trying to bash the mod I think it is great, but after installing it and then having my bluetooth fail immediately I am trying to make sure other users know the risk. If I find another fix for the issue beyond what was posted earlier (which 2 of the 3 fixes allow people to keep the mod installed) I will post it. Once again, the mod is great, and there is most definately a bluetooth issue for some when installing this mod.

Funny, I had a bluetooth problem before I used this mod and it fixed it, go figure.... I would say try turning bt on and off on the navi and also on your phone, and if that doesn't work try deleting the profile and re pairing the phone. Should clear it up.

Funny, I had a bluetooth problem before I used this mod and it fixed it, go figure.... I would say try turning bt on and off on the navi and also on your phone, and if that doesn't work try deleting the profile and re pairing the phone. Should clear it up.

Yeah it seems to be hit or miss. I was unable to get the bluetooth to turn on at all, but restored it to the set up I had before. I will gradually install parts of this mod to see which part it was that my system doesn't like and possibly put together a separate package for people that had BT problems the first run through. Like I said before, I love the rest of the mods in this pack, I just need the hands free to work.

Has anyone who has carried out the mod on a european version had the bluetooth problem, or are all those reporting problems using the US version? I ask as there is a significant difference in the use, and maybe software, between the two versions. For example here in europe we do not have voice dialling.

Thanks

Colin