AVIC411.com

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it is a US or Canadian unit, download a fresh copy from the FTP and use a freshly formatted SD card to reinstall it. Follow the instructions in the readme precisely.

if it is a Euro unit or F500, you need to edit your sys.txt device type.

If you downloaded a red version of my mod, it is not my file and I can't make any guarantees about its function.

I have seen a difference in the phone operation. Ordinarily, when I audibly call a number, the screen would return to the map, where you may change the volume of the caller and hang up when finished. This mod does not do that, it remains on the "Call" screen. If you push the map button, the map is displayed, but the phone volume becomes so low you cannot hear the called person. The call must be cancelled and started again to regain the volume. even if i try to use the phone separately to hear the called person, because bluetooth is still enabled, the volume remains low.

My mod does not change phone behavior. Just entering Testmode even without installing files can cause odd behavior. Try reloading the mod and also hit the reset button.

I loaded the latest build last night. Worked fine going in to work this morning (I didn't select a route) bu I tried using both the Home icon on the top row and the Home icon on the Nav destiation screen. Both caused immediate reboots. I also couldn't get call home to work.

I literally went through every screen and set every option, actually changing a value and changing it back and accepting it. I think we need a sys.txt that has every option set to a default value. Something was missing that was causing the reboots.

Everything appears to be AOK after going through all screens (and I mean ALL screens). No idea which repaired the issue.

E

That is why it is clearly stated in the readme to go through ALL settings submenus. Some variables are only set properly once you do. When my unit was OEM fresh, it rebooted until I set a home address. Just nature of the beast.

I have posted new versions of the auto-installers that include an F500 sys.txt.

The data.zip is still dated 6.2.2009. The only other changes are a larger Wisconsin 3D-building file and a slightly tweaked Sam-TTS voice.

I am also uploading an EW version of the all-in-one that has all available Eurasian building files, Eurasian DEM file, EW specific speedcam database, the EW Testmode files, the v2.00050 hacked ezrider and license, F700-900 EW specific sys.txt, and an F500 EW specific sys.txt.

Due to the 3D files, it is quite large at over 200MB. I recommend deleting any unneeded countries' 3D files from the Mitacap\APL2\IGo\Content\Building\ folder before loading the SD card to the avic.

hey cm when i set a route as it begins to calculate an error prompt comes up it says ffu 0 command? how can i fix this?

You stated in another thread that re-downloading solved your problem. Did you change back to the red theme again? The only users reporting that issue are using the red-version that Superman posted.

hey cm when i set a route as it begins to calculate an error prompt comes up it says ffu 0 command? how can i fix this?

You stated in another thread that re-downloading solved your problem. Did you change back to the red theme again? The only users reporting that issue are using the red-version that Superman posted.

I downloaded form the ftp site, and tried the nav system for the first time. I also got that wrror when I set a location to search for.

Noticed the 6.6.09 title for the new mod, but didn't see it in your FTP link... am I jumping the gun before it was uploaded? Do you have any release notes on additions and changes? Also assuming its ok to upload on top of your 5.30.09 build?

Thanks in advance...

B

I sthere a changelog for the new 6-6-09 build.

Also if I can make a request.

If the machine does not suppoer MSN direct, don't have the icon there.

You can change this in the settings to show it or not. Read his post..

Re: Cmh928 mod 4.5.09. Newbie Friendly all-in-one.

by cmh928 on Fri May 29, 2009 4:55 am

New version posted to the FTP. First post in thread has been updated.

Biggest change is that there is now only one version for download. Clcok and MSN settings are selectable under NaviSettings/Visual/CustomSettings. It is now possible to have both the MSN and History icons displayed at once. The MSN icon can be made to show while in-route as well.

IDT's Canadian speedlimit bugfix is integrated while retaining the Euro speedlimit sign option. IDT's latest speedcam warning mod has been integrated as well. Clicking an active speedcam warning box will disable further warnings and show a small icon to remind you. Clicking the icon will re-enable speedcam warnings. This setting is saved through power-cycles.

I tested the Amigo-style POI icons and the pulsing cursor, but they are not nearly as visible as the older styles. They may look pretty in still-shots, but they are hard to use at a glance while driving.

I removed MANY unneeded scripts to improve system response as well as making changes to clip-planes.ini and sys.txt to improve roadname visibility.

What is the EW.unziptosd ? Its 208 megs vs the build that was posted an hour earlier that is 78 megs...

Also, after numerous attempts, I'm getting time outs for the downloads...

Also, can I load this on top of the 5.30 build without any issues? assuming it will just do an overwrite?

Thanks...

B

Read the my post just a few above this and you will see the changes made. They are also in the changelog in the DLs as well as the first post on the thread. READ! EW is EUROPE only. Data.zip is unchanged since 6.2.09.

If people actually read the !readme! and FOLLOWED the simple instructions, there wouldn't be 99% of these questions and error message reports. Set all preferences in ALL NaviSettings submenus BEFORE using. People would see the place to turn off MSN, etc. and set all the variables needed by the new scripts at the same time. I have done all the hard work, people. Is it too much to ask that you take 5 minutes to read and follow instructions?