AVIC411.com

2008.4 newest usa maps?

Got it! Thanks! While i was loading all the new maps, I noticed a file called basemap. What is that? Sorry for all the questions.

General map of the world with country borders. Navi software needs it to start.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new maps work great except I have one problem. When I'm on the map screen in the 3d mode, the map always goes by its self to a weird angle so that I'm as low to the ground as the car and I can see the horizon. Is there any reason why this would be happening? I tried resetting the unit but it didn't do anything. It is getting kind of annoying. Thanks for the help!

-Brian

The new maps work great except I have one problem. When I'm on the map screen in the 3d mode, the map always goes by its self to a weird angle so that I'm as low to the ground as the car and I can see the horizon. Is there any reason why this would be happening? I tried resetting the unit but it didn't do anything. It is getting kind of annoying. Thanks for the help!

-Brian

is it possible that smart zoom is causing this?

-Brian

is it possible that smart zoom is causing this?

Maybe? How do I disable smart zoom? or is it something that should always be on?

Maybe? How do I disable smart zoom? or is it something that should always be on?

Yeah, map files do not affect display tilt settings in any way.

Smartzoom can be turned off in Navigation Settings/Visual.

Ok, good to know. Thank you! I'll have to turn that off and see what happens when I go out to my car. Thanks again!

-Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem i hope someone can help me with. I am running the following:

* 2008.04 US maps with the 2008.10 POI's

* gpssoftware.us data6.zip (http://www.gpssoftware.us/pioneer.htm)

* hacked ezrider.exe and world map license (http://www.gpssoftware.us/pioneer.htm)

* vblue42's updated branded poi's (HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09)

* cmh928's hacked Samantha's TTS (IN PROGRESS: Fixing up Samantha)

* hacked sounds to silence.wav (I Got Rid of my Key Beeps!)

Everything is working fine; however, on the fixing up Samantha thread, CMH928 says that the hacked Samantha TTS works best with the 2007.10 maps. So I have been trying to downgrade to the 2007.10 maps, but when I do so and reboot all I get is the background basemaps and no streets.

Can someone help me.

1. Are the 2007.10 maps compatible with the 2008.10 poi's?

2. Or do I need to downgrade the POI file also?

3. What would the most recent poi's be that are compatible with the 2007.10 US maps (that work best with the hacked Samantha TTS)?

Cheers, dpcsf.

Hi, I have a problem i hope someone can help me with. I am running the following:

* 2008.04 US maps with the 2008.10 POI's

* gpssoftware.us data6.zip (http://www.gpssoftware.us/pioneer.htm)

* hacked ezrider.exe and world map license (http://www.gpssoftware.us/pioneer.htm)

* vblue42's updated branded poi's (HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09)

* cmh928's hacked Samantha's TTS (IN PROGRESS: Fixing up Samantha)

* hacked sounds to silence.wav (I Got Rid of my Key Beeps!)

Everything is working fine; however, on the fixing up Samantha thread, CMH928 says that the hacked Samantha TTS works best with the 2007.10 maps. So I have been trying to downgrade to the 2007.10 maps, but when I do so and reboot all I get is the background basemaps and no streets.

Can someone help me.

1. Are the 2007.10 maps compatible with the 2008.10 poi's?

2. Or do I need to downgrade the POI file also?

3. What would the most recent poi's be that are compatible with the 2007.10 US maps (that work best with the hacked Samantha TTS)?

Cheers, dpcsf.

If you put the map and poi files where they are supposed to be, it should work. Try to put your unit back to stock and check if your maps are back (providing you made a backup). Then redo your hacks.