AVIC411.com

2008.4 newest usa maps?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The basemap I have, from the megaupload links here somewhere, has an edit date of 8/2008. The state maps are all edited in 6/2008. Download the files here and your basemap should be updated.

Yea but whats it say on your system? Basemap still say 2007.7 and the other maps 2008.xx. 8)

I'm not completely sure i even like the new maps. I've already noticed a few things that are on the 2007.xx maps that came on my system that are NOT on the 2008.4 maps.

Part 14? :? Is that only for outside the US?

I believe the basemap comes up as 2008.04 But I only checked once, I don't remember seeing any 2007 maps in there when I checked the deck. Surpirising things are missing from 2008 over 2007, roads or interest points, landmarks or buildings?

Please do check again. If it is, Interested to know how i could get it. As far as things missing in 2008.xx , I've only noticed a couple water ways so far but i've not gone very far yet.

Part 14 had only POI for WV, Wy, and wisc.

I did check again and it does say 2007.07. So I guess I overlooked it. I would however tend to believe it doesn't matter if indeed it is a file that just connects the maps together. Here in Florida, it seems the new maps have updated some waterways for me, canals to be specific.

Since I'm having problems downloading the 2008.4 maps I decided to ask Pioneer to send them to me (since my unit is only 1 month old I told them I expected them for FREE) and I received the following replay,

"Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Actually, the maps of your navigation is 2007 to 2008 maps. And the map upgrades for this models are not available yet. Once it's released it will cost something, as the upgrade did for other navigation units.

Thank You,

Oliver

Customer Service Representative"

This has me confused. Do the 2008.4 maps work with the F700BT? I don't know why map data would be model specific...???

SPE999

There are no official map updates yet, the ones we are all working with are from igo nav n go, but are from the handheld portables.

So by definition pioneer won't acknowledge they even exist since they do not have a program for them.

I don't really believe anyone has a unit that shipped with the newer 2008.4 maps. If there were updated maps available or shipping they would allow them to be purchased and tell everyone there is an upgrade.

There are no official map updates yet, the ones we are all working with are from igo nav n go, but are from the handheld portables.

So by definition pioneer won't acknowledge they even exist since they do not have a program for them.

I don't really believe anyone has a unit that shipped with the newer 2008.4 maps. If there were updated maps available or shipping they would allow them to be purchased and tell everyone there is an upgrade.

OK, this makes sense. Typical of Pioneer to have new maps available and delay putting them into their product until hundreds of units with outdated maps are sold, then selling new maps! What a rip off!

SPE999

OK, this makes sense. Typical of Pioneer to have new maps available and delay putting them into their product until hundreds of units with outdated maps are sold, then selling new maps! What a rip off!

SPE999

Actually, no. Pioneer does not have anything. There are no iGO format maps licensed to work with stock AVIC software newer than what you got.

There _are_ newer maps somewhere out there that were sold with something else entirely, and that Pioneer has not licensed.

Ok, so I used CMH 928 mod to install the 2008.4 maps that I downloaded (I got all 13 rar's). I extracted them all, combined them into the appropriate folder (POI, BUILDING, Map), put them on my SD card, put that into my unit, started it up and waited as it transferred all the files. After it finished copying everything, I restarted the unit and the music came on and it had the System starting up message please wait, so I did, it kept that up for a little bit, then it restarted. I let it do that a couple of times and each time it would restart.

So the next thing I did was replace the POI file (copy and pasted them in) and it did the whole start up, restart. I then replaced the buildings with the originals included in CMH 928 mod and it started up, then restarted. I then went back to the original maps (from my original backup) and everything works great!

I think that it has something to do with the maps I have... Any thoughts?