AVIC411.com

2008.4 newest usa maps?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get those new POIs from? Can you guys provide a link where to download the new POIs from? Thanks in advance.

try here http://igo8.gpssoftware.us

Thanks man much appreciation for that link. However, would you know why some of the POI do not work. Like for instance I am living in Arizona and whenever I try to search for a POI I get one like 100 miles away in New Mexico.

(I have only updated my Arizona Map to the new 2008 map from the old 2007 maps).

Hey guys... I loaded the 2008.4 maps with the other files last night (just for GA to test) and they worked just fine.

Here's my question -

Will 2008.10 maps work with our Avic Units ???

I've been doing a lot of readint (lately in the Leetlauncher 3.0 thread) and I'm seeing conflicting info - some say it will work and some say it's not compatilbe with the Avic F series

Anyone know for sure or currently using 2008.10 maps w/o problems???

Thanks!

jb

I found some links for the 2008.4 maps, and I am downloading them now.

http://www.pda4x.com/read.php?tid=83614

My question is

Can you simply load (drag and drop replace) a map file in the proper folder for individual states? Nothing else has to be done? I have the all in one mod cmh928. It mentioned it has the hacked ezrider.exe file, in other words no additional files, dem, base, licenses or otherwise?

Also, is this considered the date? April 2008 = 2008.4 ?? Or is this more of a build number, nothing to do with the date?

I found some 2008.1 maps via http://igo8.gpssoftware.us/igo8.0.htm as well, there are tons of different files, so tis all very confusing. T

I have been reading post after post, and there is no straight cut and dry answer to this, so far anyway.

Thanks

Went for a cruse with the new maps. Doesnt seem to be much different around here. Is it me or do the road names pop up really late/or not show at all?

Do have a question. While looking at the maps theres one called basemap or something and its still the 2007.xx version. Is there an updated version of that file somewhere too?

Well, I messed something up big time. Was playing around with the schemes(the Easy day/night one ) from CMH and got an error. Then none of the nav stuff would work. Couldnt access it. So I tried replacing the files that were changed. Now when i try to boot up, it just sits there for several minutes "Loading System" and the reboots. :?

Anyway, tomorrow i'm going to completely reload my original My Flash Disc folder and see what happens. Hope that works. Then I'll reinstall Matts mod and these maps.

Well, I messed something up big time. Was playing around with the schemes(the Easy day/night one ) from CMH and got an error. Then none of the nav stuff would work. Couldnt access it. So I tried replacing the files that were changed. Now when i try to boot up, it just sits there for several minutes "Loading System" and the reboots. :?

Anyway, tomorrow i'm going to completely reload my original My Flash Disc folder and see what happens. Hope that works. Then I'll reinstall Matts mod and these maps.

check out the color schemes hread, you might find your answer there