AVIC411.com

2008.4 newest usa maps?

Are you talking about the underscores? And even though it has folders for buildings and poi, these are empty?

And another interesting thought. I looked in the back up folder I had, all the maps were modified on 4/2008. When looking on my deck, the map version says 7/2007. The ones I am downloading now say 6/2008. Is it really worth it to download and install? Why would my version be differnt on the deck, yet the maps be modded on 4/2008?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I successfully loaded the new maps, poi's, and buildings for the igo8.0 originally loaded on the unit.

The maps from this thread actually show up as 2008.04 but have a newer date than the 2008.1 maps.

There were two license files that I included, The one originally from CMH's installer and from the ir.zip file I posted the link to earlier. What I did was use the auto installer from CMH using test mode to install everything. This way it all went to the correct places with zero screen clicks involved. I haven't driven anywhere yet, but I'm going to assume it's working because it showed me on the map and the surrounding roads.

I successfully loaded the new maps, poi's, and buildings for the igo8.0 originally loaded on the unit.

The maps from this thread actually show up as 2008.04 but have a newer date than the 2008.1 maps.

There were two license files that I included, The one originally from CMH's installer and from the ir.zip file I posted the link to earlier. What I did was use the auto installer from CMH using test mode to install everything. This way it all went to the correct places with zero screen clicks involved. I haven't driven anywhere yet, but I'm going to assume it's working because it showed me on the map and the surrounding roads.

Can you link me to the other license file?

Can you link me to the other license file?

Nevermind. I found it. I dont want all those mods he has. You think if i add that EZRider file you posted above would solve my problems?

I've attached CMH928's EZrider.exe file. I'm not sure if that is your missing link or not. I'm also not sure what exactly will change if you just add it. I guess it's worth a shot but back up your original first.

EDIT: For some reason it isn't liking the file. But you can grab it from his thread.

all you have to do is have the 3d buildings files placed in the content buildings folder and that license you mentioned before works for me along with the hacked ezrider. you dont need anything else from his files. also you might not see 3d buildings because there are none in your area. try a simulation run in the center of a city and you should see 3d buildings.

Yeah I got it. Looking at it, it seem to be the same one you posted earlier. Also, his maps look newer(or atleast have a newer date). Are they newer then the ones you posted?

That must have been where CMH928 got his from, or vice versa. And slothy was the one who posted the map links.. CMH didn't include new maps, just building files. Is that what you are talking about? I didn't even check if his buildings were more up to date...oops.

EDIT: I am officially confused at which building files are the most current. Is it safe to assume the larger the folder the "newer" the files? I'm from Michigan and the dates are all different... with CMH928's being the newest with a date of 1/4/09 but this could just be when they were introduced, not the actual date of the building file. I don't know... I'm confused :?

2002bluewrx - i'm from MICHIGAN here too! i used the 2008.4 maps and somewhere i found newer pio's (or atleast i think they were newer by file size) - gota remember where i found them now lol.

:lol: So you probably got spoiled with warm weather and then snow all of a sudden earlier this week too?

I've got newer POI's as well that were downloaded seperately from somewhere. I would also assume that bigger file size probably means new files. (they are adding more businesses) However, I can't figure out how to check the POI file version or date on the head unit. All you can check are maps.

Hey,

You guys think this is the same maps?

http://www.horizonnav.com/downloads.php?index=11

It's 1.6gb. I am downloading now. What should I look for?

I do not think those are the right maps... They look like they are for some ebay brand head unit.