AVIC411.com

NEW HD RADIO GEX-P20HD Install/Review

wow its been a while, sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner but it looks like some of you are finally getting your hands on these units and reviewing them so that's cool, I PROMISE I will have a video up by the end of today. I need to upload to youtube. Anyways I've read all the posts and it seems like the P20 isnt any better than the P10 from what I can see but I'll let you make that judgment for yourself...will upload today

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot for the vid!

Saying your P20 is the same as the P10 is an insult to the P20.

The problems with the P10 seem enough for me to try the P20 over the P10.

haha well I have no idea what the P10 is like so if you say its A LOT worse then I'm happy with my P20

This is all good info! I ordered mine from Amazon this week and it is on its way. I got the 20 just because the price difference was very little and I thought it might be a bit more refined than the first attempt from Pioneer. Who knows though?

I am hoping it is a better analog tuner than the one built into the F series. I am going to mount it as close to the antenna as I can to try to improve reception. My car has an amplified (AM only) FUBA antenna and it needs to be replaced. I listen to AM more than FM (news and sports) so that is what I am hoping to improve.

How long is the IP Bus cable that comes with the 20?

The only problem i've had with the 10 is that about 2-3 times it has just died completely. The radio switches to "Off" mode and if i switch back to HD its silence. I think the preset label issue is specific to the radio itself so hopefully the 3.0 firmware fixes that *fingers crossed*

I personally own AVIC-F900BT and I think the main problems with the P10 is..

1) presets do not work or show any text

2) no text showing the name of the song, artist or station

I've noted before that I've had my P10 connected to two other HUs (FH-P8000BT, DEH-P7000BT) besides the F90 and it worked perfectly - including preset info and song info. The issues aren't in the tuner - it is in the F-series.

It's not the F-series. I have XM and the F-series does these things just fine. I also have a D2. It doesn't show the info with Sirius - it did with XM. From what I understand (at least according to my installer), Sirius is the problem.