AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

ok, now I see it. It can be implemented, but what is the rationale of having it?

It's just to have quick visual of the trip progress without having to go to other screens. It's like looking in your mirror, it's a habit to take a peek after many years of driving. I look it as a visual aid to keep focused on the road as much as possible. It's also handy for longer routes or routes with multiple via points. A quick look and you know you're so much into the route or have so much left.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, but we have time to destination and ETA on the screen. Isn't it enough?

Those are great, but they deal primarily with time. It's never wrong as by the time you get to the destination it counts you down perfectly. The route progress is more with distance into route and distance to go. It's also why I'd like an on/off setting so each person can have a choice to display it if they want.

I wish I knew how to go about or I would do it myself. If you'd rather skip it, I'd understand.

No, wait a sec :) I can implement it, but I shall understand why do others need it

and that they do really need it. This is why I'm asking questions

As I said before I love Stanislavovich's work just because of its "simplicity" on the navi screen.

I like Gurjon's work, but it has too much to be tuned - I prefer to have "one big button" instead :)

ok, let's count that we have another feature request to be implemented in the upgoing skin release...

No, wait a sec :) I can implement it, but I shall understand why do others need it

and that they do really need it. This is why I'm asking questions

As I said before I love Stanislavovich's work just because of its "simplicity" on the navi screen.

I like Gurjon's work, but it has too much to be tuned - I prefer to have "one big button" instead :)

ok, let's count that we have another feature request to be implemented in the upgoing skin release...

Understood. I also love the simplicity of the mod and am grateful you converted it for 3.0. Here's a little of what I did to open it up a little. As you can see the prog bar is a really good fit on the bottom, primarily because of how thin you made it as well as the great choice to use a simple dot.

Thank you very much. :D

post-24694-12872759614885_thumb.jpg

yes, but it overlaps the arrows! if we move them up a bit, then we eat another portion of the

viewable area of the screen :(

Yes it does, but you also gave us options to turn the arrows off, display at top or we can use the road signs in place of the arrows. The arrows show for a short time anyways, 400 feet forward they would be off.

ok, then. I'm going to put the arrows a bit upper, so all the lements do not overlap.

And as you said, they are showed not always, so even if they are on the screen this is just for some short time

Great, I look forward to it. :D

It really amazes me how you guys can do this stuff and make it all work so well. I can only do the basics and even at that it's a challenge at times.

good luck!

tried to move the arrows - it looks like they are already at the very place they should be.

so I see only overlapping solution right now :(

In the scripts800_480 file they're locked in at y 370, could changing it to y 360 not move it a little up or is there another issue?