AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

sorry, I didn't mean to offend you by saying that I know where and what to change :(

After thinking a while and talking to other guys at 4pda, I decided not to include

the route progress into mainline. Instead, I'll do a patch for you so you can use it

No offense taken. Thanks for taking the time to explore it. Looking forward to the patch.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been away from here for a while, too long TBH, but I've spent a bit of time tinkering with this great mod. Most of what I've done is purely cosmetic, got rid of a lot of unnecessary (IMO) on-screen dialogue and every word starting with a capital, tidied up a shed load of bitmaps, and added my own slant on a few things. I'm running iGO 8.0, firmware 2.007000, hacked ezrider, Worldwide licence hack, Q1 2009 EU maps. Obviously, thanks go to Stanislavovich, Andr2000, and not to forget the inimitable BorisM and N-S-E-W :D Here's a few screenshots, see what you guys think.

1. GPS signal. Click to go to 'GPS Status' screen.

2. Current altitude.

3. Distance to destination (or Viapoint).

4. Current speed limit.

5. Current street icon (red).

6. Next street icon (blue), or Viapoint icon (yellow).

7. Speedcam warning bar.

> Cam type on left

> Section cam in centre

> Cam speed limit on right

8. Distance to speedcam.

post-26891-1287275961645_thumb.jpg

post-26891-12872759617051_thumb.jpg

post-26891-12872759617783_thumb.jpg

Been away from here for a while, too long TBH, but I've spent a bit of time tinkering with this great mod. Most of what I've done is purely cosmetic, got rid of a lot of unnecessary (IMO) on-screen dialogue and every word starting with a capital, tidied up a shed load of bitmaps, and added my own slant on a few things. I'm running iGO 8.0, firmware 2.007000, hacked ezrider, Worldwide licence hack, Q1 2009 EU maps. Obviously, thanks go to Stanislavovich, Andr2000, and not to forget the inimitable BorisM and N-S-E-W :D Here's a few screenshots, see what you guys think.

2. Current altitude.

4. Current speed limit.

7. Speedcam warning bar.

> Cam type on left

> Section cam in centre

> Cam speed limit on right

8. Distance to speedcam.

I like it, I have as well changed many things mostly on the main screen, I removed the main box on the left of the screen and made all that pop up during navigation only, added some icons for the trip computer stuff on the main screen and moved the clock up the upper left when not navigating but it hides for speed cam warnings and then moves the main box on the left during navigation, I also added the screen change to the GPS when you press the icon. I like simple main screen during driving. I like what you avhe done with the screens.

I'm also running iGO 8.0, with firmware 2.006, hacked ezrider, Worldwide licence hack and Q1 2009 EU maps. I really like this mod; in my view it takes an ok sat nav system to one that is really good. However, like everyone, it doesn't contain all the bits that I use regularly, so with the direct and indirect help of many on the forum I have adapted this mod.

Here is the navi screen (sorry about the lousy picture)

1 - Mute/Unmute toggle button

2 - Linear Compass

3 - Speed. Press to toggle between mph and kph (I travel in France a fair bit)

4 - Current time (my car doesn't have a clock!)

5 - Bluetooth connected button. Press to phone home

6 - TMC connected button. Press to view traffic

7 - Caravan being towed or not. Press to toggle between. Caravan is really vehicle type lorry but it has the same characteristics. I tow a caravan quite frequently.

8 - Speed indicator, mph or kph. Press to toggle between 2d/3d

9 - Load POI

10. Ring POI, if POI has phone number and bluetooth connected

11 - Load saved route

12 - Load SD/USB POI. I save my client destinations on the SD card

13 - Go Home

14 - Navigation settings, as before

15 - Record journey, as before

16 - Stop button

17 - ETA, visble when on the phone

I have never used 15 and 16 and will use these button spaces if I think of something positive to replace them.

All buttons fade as in the original mod.

I am happy to share the code patches, for any of the buttons, should anyone want them.

I have also added verbal warnings for the basic and advanced speed cameras, having converted the available POI data for hazards that fit the advanced cameras. One interesting point is that in my experience UK average speed cameras (aka section cameras) do not work well. I think this is because they are not always in pairs. I have therefore converted section cameras to the advanced speed camera and adapted the verbal warning to fit.

The verbal warnings are not perfect, but I prefer being told what sort of camera is approaching, regardless of whether I am speeding or not.

Colin

post-35526-12872759618401_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to the patch.

See attach. You may want to play with the coords of the progress to suite your needs :)

The progress is disabled by default, to enable go to Visual->Additional navi screen settings->Show Route Progress

Hope this is what you expect

Thank you very much for doing this. I just downloaded it, I was the 23rd person to. :) Being from Chicago #23 is a very good number if you like sports. Some our best athletes wore #23 so this has to be good luck.

I'll see how much I can do tonight and let you know how it worked.

Been away from here for a while, too long TBH,

Obviously, thanks go to Stanislavovich, Andr2000, and not to forget the inimitable BorisM and N-S-E-W :D Here's a few screenshots, see what you guys think.

Hey dumpy - How you been? Looks good. These guys that created this are awesome. For those with 3.0 lets not forget andr2000. Without the conversion who knows how high the frustration level with these units would be.

I'm also running iGO 8.0, with firmware 2.006, hacked ezrider, Worldwide licence hack and Q1 2009 EU maps. I really like this mod; in my view it takes an ok sat nav system to one that is really good. However, like everyone, it doesn't contain all the bits that I use regularly, so with the direct and indirect help of many on the forum I have adapted this mod.

Nice job Colin.

#5 - what would be nice is if we were able to get the phone book and/or dialer to show with a touch of the bluetooth bmp. I had a different bluetooth bmp in one my ver 2.0 zips that did not have that white background if you're interested.

Been away from here for a while, too long TBH,

Obviously, thanks go to Stanislavovich, Andr2000, and not to forget the inimitable BorisM and N-S-E-W :D Here's a few screenshots, see what you guys think.

Hey dumpy - How you been? Looks good. These guys that created this are awesome. For those with 3.0 lets not forget andr2000. Without the conversion who knows how high the frustration level with these units would be.

Looking forward to the patch.

See attach. You may want to play with the coords of the progress to suite your needs :)

The progress is disabled by default, to enable go to Visual->Additional navi screen settings->Show Route Progress

Hope this is what you expect

Thank you very much for doing this. I just downloaded it, I was the 23rd person to. :) Being from Chicago #23 is a very good number if you like sports. Some our best athletes wore #23 so this has to be good luck.

I'll see how much I can do tonight and let you know how it worked.

It's in and running. I'll give it the real test tomorrow morning on my 45 mile trip to work.

Thanks!!

2. Current altitude.

4. Current speed limit.

7. Speedcam warning bar.

> Cam type on left

> Section cam in centre

Love the way it looks. Can you uplload the data file? And can I use it on 3.0?

Jimbo

#5 - what would be nice is if we were able to get the phone book and/or dialer to show with a touch of the bluetooth bmp.

The code that I have added to navigatemap_800_480.ui is below, and thanks for the suggestion re the bmp file.

; the Bluetooth Button indicates Bluetooth Connected in bottom left corner, push to dial home - Added by mr_cs based on suggestion by ill.die.trying

; remember to add bmp file

I agree about trying to access the phone book. I have asked on the forum about this but the silent response suggests that nobody has the answer. It was the reason that I added the phone POI button, as when I was late for an appointment it was such a fiddle finding the client's phone number! (I have my clients set up as POI)

Colin

#5 - what would be nice is if we were able to get the phone book and/or dialer to show with a touch of the bluetooth bmp.

The code that I have added to navigatemap_800_480.ui is below, and thanks for the suggestion re the bmp file.

; the Bluetooth Button indicates Bluetooth Connected in bottom left corner, push to dial home - Added by mr_cs based on suggestion by ill.die.trying

; remember to add bmp file

I agree about trying to access the phone book. I have asked on the forum about this but the silent response suggests that nobody has the answer. It was the reason that I added the phone POI button, as when I was late for an appointment it was such a fiddle finding the client's phone number! (I have my clients set up as POI)

Colin

Can we you upload the "smallbluetooth.bmp"?

Thanks

Jimbo