AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

Love the way it looks. Can you uplload the data file? And can I use it on 3.0?

Jimbo

That was on v2.0, but I'm in the process of tweaking Stanislavovich' v3.0 mod: as soon as I have it sorted I'll get back on this thread

Thanks. I can't wait to get it!

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--Turn Restrictions settings added: never, cruise (current behaviour), always (when navigating, small turn restrictions sign is shown)

Tested out the new version on the way to work, Set the turn restrictions to never. Got the door bell chime and then the turn restriction shows up. Setting to turn off didn't work

--Turn Restrictions settings added: never, cruise (current behaviour), always (when navigating, small turn restrictions sign is shown)

Tested out the new version on the way to work, Set the turn restrictions to never. Got the door bell chime and then the turn restriction shows up. Setting to turn off didn't work

can you give me the exact route where I can see this? can you reproduce this in the emulator?

can you give me the exact route where I can see this? can you reproduce this in the emulator?

I don't use an emulator I drive the car and test -

Route would be From the city of Maricopa, Arizona take Highway 347 to Chandler, Arizona about 18 miles total, the route has several places that fire off the turn restrictions especially on freeway overpasses..

Looking forward to the patch.

See attach. You may want to play with the coords of the progress to suite your needs :)

The progress is disabled by default, to enable go to Visual->Additional navi screen settings->Show Route Progress

Hope this is what you expect

Here's my findings regarding the route progress bar. It works perfect if you stay on the route that was calculated, once you go off route the progress bar resets back to the beginning. For now I have it off. I've been playing with the route progress bar from the route information screen. I have that on the main navigate screen but the car arrow is too small plus the color of the bar can't be changed. At least I haven't figured it out.

I was also able to get the text for the next street and current street to scroll if the text exceeds the predetermined width setting.

I was also able to get the text for the next street and current street to scroll if the text exceeds the predetermined width setting.

Now I'd like to know that trick!!

me too

I'll get the info out for it, but you have to release more versions then. You know once it's out, there will people who want it and those that don't care for it. Essentially you'll need to double the amount of all the different zips you offer. At that rate you'll need to hire a support staff to keep up. j/k

I'll get the info out for it, but you have to release more versions then. You know once it's out, there will people who want it and those that don't care for it. Essentially you'll need to double the amount of all the different zips you offer. At that rate you'll need to hire a support staff to keep up. j/k

Sweet, I'll just give my dog more treats to help out!!

Now I'd like to know that trick!!

me too

i agree, i guess i'll just stick to what i have, :lol:

Andr2000, an update to the change made for turn restrictions. If I set the turn restriction option for never, then when I have a route turn restrictions do not work. So apply that to the non route side and it should take care of it.

The required checks are already there

Checked - works for me. If I set to never I see no turn restrictions.

Did you do any changes to the mod that may have any influence on this?

I am using version 2 of this mod. Generally I drive with guidance muted, until I near a new destination. However, I have just realised that guidance is unmuted when I end a telephone conversation.

I imagine the phone side assumes that guidance has to be muted when the phone conversation commences, and unmuted at the end.

Has anyone come across this, and better still does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

Colin

Andr2000, an update to the change made for turn restrictions. If I set the turn restriction option for never, then when I have a route turn restrictions do not work. So apply that to the non route side and it should take care of it.

The required checks are already there

Checked - works for me. If I set to never I see no turn restrictions.

Did you do any changes to the mod that may have any influence on this?

Nope I have not done anything with turn restrictions...

All I know is when set for cruise or always, they show up and on the screen and I get the door bell sound which I would expect. However when set for never they don't show up at all or make the door bell sound if I have a route, but if I don't have a route they show up and make the door bell sound, which from what I understand if set for never they should never work no matter what. This is the part that I find broke.

I guess if this is it I'll just go through and remove them completely.

I do have a theory this could be related also to maps I'm using the TeleAtlas but going to put in the Navteq and test tomorrow to see what happens and then make a decision off that. I'm still puzzeled that 8.3 on my GPS works fine but on this unit it does not work but just not too worried about it any more.

It should be configurable at run time.

Note, though, that the first advice to people running iGO 8.3 who experience crashes and iGO terminating for insufficient memory is to "turn the bloody scrolling text off" and after that everything works fine... :)