AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

Where can I get this latest update? The data.zip download on the first pages says it was last updates 9/25/2009.

I very much apprecaite the work done here but it would be nice if updates were more easily identified as to where to download them. Again thanks for the work. I would like to get the latest to try it.

Also where does the difital.ttf file go. I already downloaded it.

I am stilling waiting for someone to answer as to whether the data.zip file on page one is the latest since it says updated 9-25-09.

Also does this include the destination on the left/right setting in sys.txt or do I need to add that myself. I use Samantha (US).

I like the stock day color scheme from the 3.0 software so what do I need to do to keep that color scheme.

Also I want to change the compass to the one that displays the N-S-E-W bar like the attached picture. Where can I find the info for that. I know I can search but if any of you readily know where that info is please let me know to save me time.

Thanks for all the great work all.

The link takes you to the download the date is correct there- this is the right one, wrong date on page

http://www.4shared.com/file/129128249/7 ... /data.html

Updates have never changed from the first page, oh the wrong date but clicking the link would have seen that.

apl2\igo folder same place as the ezrider.exe

I doubt, the left/right destination is a different add on

Either mod this theme into a blue one like stock or use it as is. I have modded it some you can find it here

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... it=dpdurst

If you get my file above and search in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file for ;dd you can find that pretty quick

Just wanted to say thanks to you and others for answering my questions. Thanks so much all.

I clicked on the data.zip link on the first page and got the old version. Thanks for the info for the right one. I am running the official 3.02 software.

The left/right destination announce sounds like it should work with Samantha, which is the voice I use. I have not tried this mod yet but may try it soon.

I just finished loading Diaftia's hybrid mods, which include most of the same things, and yes I did a full My Flashdisk backup first. I even have My FlashDisk saved on my laptop and on 2 drives on my main PC.

I will have to do a few mods to get things just the way I like but at least I have some great mods to start with. I have waited months because I wanted to see how these mods progressed and what my final decision would be. Also I have not wanted to invest much time in my own modding yet.

Thanks again all.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L just deleted a couple of the language files such as ESP and France. Kept the Us file. I was trying to free up more space as it was not starting before.

Right noe I beleive I am using the October 27th data.

Thanks Boris

It will create problems if you delete language files for voices that came standard on your country's model. I.e., deleting French and Spanish TTS files on the US model will kill Tel.exe (Bluetooth phone connector), even if you do not use them...

L just deleted a couple of the language files such as ESP and France. Kept the Us file. I was trying to free up more space as it was not starting before.

Thanks Boris

It will create problems if you delete language files for voices that came standard on your country's model. I.e., deleting French and Spanish TTS files on the US model will kill Tel.exe (Bluetooth phone connector), even if you do not use them...

Hi Boris:

Is seems to be working fine without the files I deleted. Should I put them back in?

Jimbo

Thanks Boris

Hi Boris:

Is seems to be working fine without the files I deleted. Should I put them back in?

Jimbo

If everything does work, including the bluetooth system, then don't worry too much, just make sure you don't switch to the voice that's not there any more...

So am I right in thinking the direct link I used from the thread for 3.0 isn't completely updated?

e39m5

Just checked my 4Shared account again. It is the Nov. 9 version.

Note that download link never changes (well, as long as I put them on 4shared), only the file itself gets updated.

So am I right in thinking the direct link I used from the thread for 3.0 isn't completely updated?

e39m5

Just checked my 4Shared account again. It is the Nov. 9 version.

Note that download link never changes (well, as long as I put them on 4shared), only the file itself gets updated.

Boris:

I tried the new mod and still having booting problem. I am going to sit with Oct. 27th version until another one is updated.

I loved your respond to Azux about writing 1000 time " I am stupid"

One question I have: I put in my nod Phone Home Button where it will dial my home phone number. Is there a way to change it so it will go to my phone menu?

Thanks

Jimbo

Boris:

I tried the new mod and still having booting problem. I am going to sit with Oct. 27th version until another one is updated.

One question I have: I put in my nod Phone Home Button where it will dial my home phone number. Is there a way to change it so it will go to my phone menu?

Thanks

Jimbo

Strange... All I can say is that it does run on mine, and author's, obviously...

I've reuploaded it from my emulator folder, just in case, but really there weren't that many major chnages anyway.

What do you mean by Phone menu? I'm pretty sure that it is doable, though.

Boris:

Thanks

Jimbo

Strange... All I can say is that it does run on mine, and author's, obviously...

I've reuploaded it from my emulator folder, just in case, but really there weren't that many major chnages anyway.

I would like to able to go to the phone settings from the nav screen.

Thanks

Jimbo

I would like to able to go to the phone settings from the nav screen.

Thanks

Jimbo

I'll need to check on the Russian forum. I believe they had a list of messages you could send through iGO scripts to bring up different AVIC programs.

Why would you need to access phone settings that often, though, I wonder...

Hehe, I tried to update to the 4shared data.zip file just before leaving for a 5 hour trip. The system ended up rebooting once it got to the menu screen in an infinite loop. I walking my passenger through backing up the data.zip as we drove, fun stuff =D

Any ideas what could have gone wrong? I'm running unofficial 3.01

e39m5

Hehe, I tried to update to the 4shared data.zip file just before leaving for a 5 hour trip. The system ended up rebooting once it got to the menu screen in an infinite loop. I walking my passenger through backing up the data.zip as we drove, fun stuff =D

Any ideas what could have gone wrong? I'm running unofficial 3.01

e39m5

Were you running a previous version of this mod before? Or any other mod?

It should upgrade on top of either stock or previous version fine. If going from stock, you also need DIGITAL.TTF font file as well.

I need help with the data.zip file on the 3.0 firmware. I just got the sd cards and changed the file data.zip file and put it the radio to update but it is telling me there is a problem with the data.zip file. Does anyone have the stock version of that file??? Please help

DEC. 2 Update (Andr2000 version for firmware 3.0)

+ For extended speed camera types where speed saved (200 Km/h) is irrelevant, it is not displayed on the warning sign on the screen.

How do I load this on unit? :) j/k

Boris - Anything else that you know of? I've got five days of working on incorporating themechanger. What a pain. My new meteo file is waiting to be utilized.