AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a rebooting problem after updating the new version. The first time I installed it, it worked fine but then after turning it off then back on again, it kept rebooting itself. I have tried to delete the save files in the log and it did not help. Appreciate your help. :?::?::?:

I loaded it up in the simulator last night it crashed right away looking for tracking.spr in the Igo_8 folder that does not exist. As soon as I added this folder it worked fine. Something is looking for that in the new build. I suspect this might be the cause.

I have a rebooting problem after updating the new version. The first time I installed it, it worked fine but then after turning it off then back on again, it kept rebooting itself. I have tried to delete the save files in the log and it did not help. Appreciate your help. :?::?::?:

I loaded it up in the simulator last night it crashed right away looking for tracking.spr in the Igo_8 folder that does not exist. As soon as I added this folder it worked fine. Something is looking for that in the new build. I suspect this might be the cause.

David.I have tried the above,but the emulator still crashes when it gets to loading languages.If I then delete all the data in the save folder,it will restart.However it will then go through the same sanario on restarting the second time.

November 11 update for firmware 3.0

+ 2D head-up in in overview mode. Turned on in Settings->Visual->Zoom control->Use 2D headup. Turned on by default

+ Shows adjustable zoomscale in 3D mode. Dragging the zoomscale changes map zoom, just like in 2D.

+ When navigating, if Show NextInfo is tuerned off, top bar is not displayed.

+ More flexible tilt up adjustment: 1 degree increments instead of presets.

+ Screen Off: in Navigation or Plan modes, long tap in lower left corner switches screen to black with clock.

If tilt angle in 3D does not work, put these in SYS.TXT:

[map]
3d_max_tiltlevel=9000
3d_default_tiltlevel=9000

Where can I get this latest update? The data.zip download on the first pages says it was last updates 9/25/2009.

I very much apprecaite the work done here but it would be nice if updates were more easily identified as to where to download them. Again thanks for the work. I would like to get the lastest to try it.

Also where does the difital.ttf file go. I already downloaded it.

He looked at Crash.txt data, but can not reproduce it. It does seem to be far more prevalent on US systems, though.

For what it's worth, I have significantly improved my system's stability by freeing up more space on the flash disk (there are TTS software files that can be safely removed since they do not correspond to any voice we have available).

November 11 update for firmware 3.0

+ 2D head-up in in overview mode. Turned on in Settings->Visual->Zoom control->Use 2D headup. Turned on by default

+ Shows adjustable zoomscale in 3D mode. Dragging the zoomscale changes map zoom, just like in 2D.

+ When navigating, if Show NextInfo is tuerned off, top bar is not displayed.

+ More flexible tilt up adjustment: 1 degree increments instead of presets.

+ Screen Off: in Navigation or Plan modes, long tap in lower left corner switches screen to black with clock.

If tilt angle in 3D does not work, put these in SYS.TXT:

[map]
3d_max_tiltlevel=9000
3d_default_tiltlevel=9000

Where can I get this latest update? The data.zip download on the first pages says it was last updates 9/25/2009.

I very much apprecaite the work done here but it would be nice if updates were more easily identified as to where to download them. Again thanks for the work. I would like to get the lastest to try it.

I am stilling waiting for someone to answer as to whether the data.zip file on page one is the latest since it says updated 9-25-09.

Also does this include the destination on the left/right setting in sys.txt or do I need to add that myself. I use Samantha (US).

I like the stock day color scheme from the 3.0 software so what do I need to do to keep that color scheme.

Also I want to change the compass to the one that displays the N-S-E-W bar like the attached picture. Where can I find the info for that. I know I can search but if any of you readily know where that info is please let me know to save me time.

Thanks for all the great work all.

post-32782-12872760003659_thumb.jpg

He looked at Crash.txt data, but can not reproduce it. It does seem to be far more prevalent on US systems, though.

For what it's worth, I have significantly improved my system's stability by freeing up more space on the flash disk (there are TTS software files that can be safely removed since they do not correspond to any voice we have available).

Hi Boris:

I deleted a few files in MY Flash Drive. When I try to run the latest data file thru ezrider, it crashes when it get to the languages. Does this helps you at all?

Jimbo

Hi Boris:

I deleted a few files in MY Flash Drive. When I try to run the latest data file thru ezrider, it crashes when it get to the languages. Does this helps you at all?

Jimbo

Well, that tells me that you have probably deleted something that you should not have :shock:

Can you be more specific than "a few files"?

I am stilling waiting for someone to answer as to whether the data.zip file on page one is the latest since it says updated 9-25-09.

Also does this include the destination on the left/right setting in sys.txt or do I need to add that myself. I use Samantha (US).

I like the stock day color scheme from the 3.0 software so what do I need to do to keep that color scheme.

Also I want to change the compass to the one that displays the N-S-E-W bar like the attached picture. Where can I find the info for that. I know I can search but if any of you readily know where that info is please let me know to save me time.

Thanks for all the great work all.

The link takes you to the download the date is correct there- this is the right one, wrong date on page

http://www.4shared.com/file/129128249/7 ... /data.html

Updates have never changed from the first page, oh the wrong date but clicking the link would have seen that.

apl2\igo folder same place as the ezrider.exe

I doubt, the left/right destination is a different add on

Either mod this theme into a blue one like stock or use it as is. I have modded it some you can find it here

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27989&hilit=dpdurst

If you get my file above and search in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file for ;dd you can find that pretty quick

I doubt, the left/right destination is a different add on

The announce of left/right destination is separate from the data.zip. A new entry does need to be added in the sys.txt as well as having a compatible tts file.

See this thread: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28834

If I'm wrong, please correct me and show me the way to do it.

September 25 is the latest version for firmware 2.x.

November 11th (09-11-2009, writing the date in the order nature intended) is the latest version for 3.x firmware.

DIGITAL.TTF goes to the same folder as DATA.ZIP

This is an iGO skin only. It does not include color schemes, SYS.TXT changes, or anything like that. To use, say, N-S-E-W's street side enhancement, you need to d/l his voice file and make the change in SYS.TXT as he instructs.

Hi Boris:

Jimbo

Well, that tells me that you have probably deleted something that you should not have :shock:

Can you be more specific than "a few files"?

L just deleted a couple of the language files such as ESP and France. Kept the Us file. I was trying to free up more space as it was not starting before.

Right noe I beleive I am using the October 27th data.

Thanks Boris