AVIC411.com

New Pioneer map/software update

I suppose the F500 owners will have to wait a bit longer for this one as well, or.....?

Not sure why it took so long to get the software update for F500 last time. I just hope they release it, i'm not sure if they are going to update this model (haven't seen any mention of a hardware update like the other models).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the F500 owners will have to wait a bit longer for this one as well, or.....?

Not sure why it took so long to get the software update for F500 last time. I just hope they release it, i'm not sure if they are going to update this model (haven't seen any mention of a hardware update like the other models).

Actually they released the update for the F500 (CNSD-150FM) at the same time...

hello, i'm an f900bt owner in greece. i spoke with pioneer greece and they told me they won't have the update available for a while. does anyone know of a european website where i can order the update?

thanks

:D

Pioneer Belgium told me that it is for sale in the begin of july and it will cost about 149 € they expect :(

They do not know very mutch about it :(

All these updates look specific to the map software, and according to the google:

279 Euros = 399.5001 U.S. dollars

They can suck my left nut if they expect $400 (more than you can get the F700 for) just for a map update.

I wouldn't be too worried about the European price. That price probably includes VAT and other additional costs that don't exist in the US. There are a lot of products sold in the US that go for much more on the other side of the pond.

All these updates look specific to the map software, and according to the google:

279 Euros = 399.5001 U.S. dollars

They can suck my left nut if they expect $400 (more than you can get the F700 for) just for a map update.

I wouldn't be too worried about the European price. That price probably includes VAT and other additional costs that don't exist in the US. There are a lot of products sold in the US that go for much more on the other side of the pond.

I know it's off topic and may sound a bit jealous: This is the reason for the current turmoil in the world economy. Especially you guys in the US have been susidised to fuel economic growth. Fuel, cars, housing, clothing and consumer goods are either at a discount to world market prices or are financed without any security behind to back the loan. If the US consumer had to pay market prices and fund their purchases fom their savings rather than through credit cards or overvalued mortgages, economic growth would propably have been a bit slower worldwide, but a lot of the current problems would not have come up.

Sorry guys (and girls), I worked for an US Investment Bank for over a decade and know what I'm talking about. Think about it and start realizing that a lot of the american dream was based on a big bubble rather than hard work.

The reason most of us are here comes from the same attitude: Everything has to be cheaper, so companys outscource whatever they can. So did Pioneer with the programmng of the AVIC. Unfortunately a Chinese or Indian programmer who has never had a car, not to speak about a navi unit, would never be able to program a system that meets the requirements of industralized coutries in Europe and the US.

Never mind

Jörg

since we are off topic, I lived in norway and worked for a norwegian bank (so I guess that means I know what I am talking about) and there are just as many greedy jealous people living there as here. your high prices are from your taxes. 24% VAT on EVERYTHING, how else would you pay for that "free" healthcare. 100% tax on cars and the gas tax, well you guys have been paying 5-6 dollars a gallon (3.74liters) for a while now, how much of that is taxed? Good luck bud, keep blaming america for all the worlds troubles, see where it gets you.

Back to the software update, given that the latest D3 discs were only 120 bucks, a downloadable firmware update cannot be more than that. Well let's hope not. All I ask is they improve the boot time, I can do the rest myself.

cheers.

Hi

Pioneer Spain says it will be in early July, cost about 130 euro ($182).

I would imagine a Us version should be around 100 USD or so, whenever it comes out

So hang tight to your house and left nut, guys: I figure it could be worth it after all.

Cheers