AVIC411.com

New Pioneer map/software update

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not, I am waiting for confirmation from my dealer but If I dont get it I will return the unit and get a refund and wait and buy an updated one, possibly the F910BT.

I had initialy complained to the dealer a few days after purchase that I could not se the detail in the maps due to poor contrast and viewing angle in my car (it is ok if viewed from straight on but not possible in a Golf Mk4), the maps are 2007.10 the firmware was 1.9 and the button response is poor, the dealer is waiting for a reply from Pioneer.

The new upgrade adresses these issues and I will be happy if I get it upgraded FOC, but if not it goes back to the store, the store manager is pushing Pioneer to upgrade his remaining stock.

The F900BT for me beats the Kenwoods and I don't like Garmin maps, they look like an explosion in a paint shop, but the F900BT seems to be still work in progress and as such I hope to get the latest having just purchased it.

Regards.

Brian.

hiu everybody, i came fron italy and i bought f900bt.

i'm waiting for new firmware or software update (3.0 or similar... i don't know) .

navy system working good but i hope that new firmware version modify navy schema because i nedd signals like igo 8.3

someone said it is not free, I hope so...

thanks . this forum is very well and sorry for my english..

bye

Probably not, I am waiting for confirmation from my dealer but If I dont get it I will return the unit and get a refund and wait and buy an updated one, possibly the F910BT.

I had initialy complained to the dealer a few days after purchase that I could not se the detail in the maps due to poor contrast and viewing angle in my car (it is ok if viewed from straight on but not possible in a Golf Mk4), the maps are 2007.10 the firmware was 1.9 and the button response is poor, the dealer is waiting for a reply from Pioneer.

The new upgrade adresses these issues and I will be happy if I get it upgraded FOC, but if not it goes back to the store, the store manager is pushing Pioneer to upgrade his remaining stock.

The F900BT for me beats the Kenwoods and I don't like Garmin maps, they look like an explosion in a paint shop, but the F900BT seems to be still work in progress and as such I hope to get the latest having just purchased it.

Regards.

Brian.

If your firmware version is 1.9, you really need to update your unit. If your unit is north america, you can get it here (not sure what the european link is):

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... C+F-Series

Thanks for the suggestion, I had already updated to V2 from European site, my point is that i don't feel like having to buy an SD card to get the functionality that should have been there when i made the purchase, i spoke to Pioneer UK today and was informed they can not do anything about my 2007.1 maps or the poor contrast or the sluggish operation, they are happy for me to take it back for a refund and wait for the f910BT to be released which appears to have addressed the only issues I have or they will sell me the SD with new maps and firmware on which to me is not an option for a newly purchased unit.

The sales manager at my local Halfords has offered to get me an F910BT as soon as he can or will try to get me the update SD if that is available sooner. To be honest I am not impressed with Pioneer UK customer support but am happy with Halfords support, they have assured me that they will deal with it as soon as Pioneer gets stocks of either moving.

Anyone got any insider info? I know that a while back someone (in some thread) from pioneer said that it would be out in june, but does anyone have a more specific time?

I just hope that they make it so that when your watching a movie(Ipod, SD or whatever) that when you restart the unit it picks up where it left off.

i bought a unit f900bt in april, and now i read that there is an update ongoing for software and maps...

i hope that someone share it:

Pioneer said that update is not free of charge, but i think that a unit bought in april must have update free, almost for 1 year...

this is only my opinion, obviously.

:D

Well I hate to ask this again... but are we paying for the map update that is included or are we paying for both the map and software??? I was told by jason that it was the maps that we are being charged for!! I dont know anymore... things go back and forth here all the time

Well I hate to ask this again... but are we paying for the map update that is included or are we paying for both the map and software??? I was told by jason that it was the maps that we are being charged for!! I dont know anymore... things go back and forth here all the time

You are paying for the Maps and the upgrade to IGO 8.3, but it looks like the price is the same as it used to be for Map updates. In addition there should be a free firmware update in the pipeline, fixing smaller bugs and maybe speed up boot time, but that is pure speculation at this point of time.

As IGO 8.3 is said to be much quicker/ using less rescources, you can expect to buy (hopefully) significant increase in performance. But due to my experience with Pioneer I believe it when I see it.

Jörg

You are paying for the Maps and the upgrade to IGO 8.3, but it looks like the price is the same as it used to be for Map updates. In addition there should be a free firmware update in the pipeline, fixing smaller bugs and maybe speed up boot time, but that is pure speculation at this point of time.

As IGO 8.3 is said to be much quicker/ using less rescources, you can expect to buy (hopefully) significant increase in performance. But due to my experience with Pioneer I believe it when I see it.

Jörg

Same thing I have been thinking all along... I dunno why everyone gets there all grumpy when they say they have to pay!! You have to pay for maps for every nav system!

If it has different mapping will this mean all new POI's with better logos etc.?

New POI locations, most likely. New icons... who knows. You can use any branding set for iGO though and have any kind of icons...

is this new software/map update released for f90bt as well??

There heven't been an update announced for US models so far.

In the past, F90 used exact same firmware upgrade as 700/900 though.