AVIC411.com

AVIC-F900BT US firmware version 2.006 available

Didn't see this posted yet.

Just saw it on the Pioneer site this afternoon. I swear it wasn't there this morning.

It does say it was update Friday, June 26, 2009, though.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 00BT?tab=F

Maybe I missed something and everyone has it.

If so, SORRY. If not... ENJOY.

Edit -Seems to be the same file for f700, f900 & f90. That makes sense.

F500 here...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... port?tab=B

Just downloaded it and compared it with the European 2.007 version, it has the same Win CE update that locks out Test Mode, you can get round it with the fix Konick posted if you want the update and still need test mode functionality.

AVIC F-Series Firmware Update Change History

Applicable models: AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, AVIC-F700BT, AVIC-F7010BT

Ver 2.006

CHANGE HISTORY:

- Fixes the case that Automatic Time Correction does not change

time

- Updates XM channel icon graphics

- Enhances reliability during firmware update process

Ver 2.000

CHANGE HISTORY:

- Improves boot-up time

- Improves iPod Touch (v2.0) compatibility

- Improves touch screen response

- Enhances display brightness

- Improves SD and USB media playback

Yeah, seriously, somebody's sitting around thinking, boy, this firmware update thing is unreliable, if only there were a firmware update to fix it, and if only I could reliably update my firmware to take advantage of it, I could reliably update my firmware, so I could reliably update my firmware, so I could reliably update my firmware, so I could reliably update my firmware *head asplodes!*

You just need to use a new test mode. I did the update and tested the new testmode, it works great. A little disconcerting at first becuase it shows the splash screen then looks like it reboots then pops into windows, no more copy file screen. The unit seems faster to start playing music on startup too.

I updated my unit today. I notice no real difference, yeah it updated xm images. Given the fact it wipes out all files then copies them from the card, all mods etc were lost and given the fact I modded my maps. I lost those as well thanks to the ezrider being replaced.

So I just updated the ezrider to another that was posted here. So my 2008.4 maps are back, and I think ill just wait for 3.0 to come before putting any more mods in.

Yeah it sucks to go back to the original nasty layout. But I think I can handle it for a few weeks. I noticed cmh mod is gone now from the forum. Its too bad the dude had to wipe out the forum. Why not just leave it so all that great info and files weren't lost?

Owell nice while it lasted.

For any other Canadians, I have a F700BT. I just got an Email from Pioneer Canada about the 2.006 update being available for free by download or SD card. I took a look at the .ca website and unfortunately, still nothing on the 3.0 update but this gives me hope!