AVIC411.com

Firmware 3.002: Video !

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iaf_22, thank you so much for the video and your info!

Can you confirm to us that you can still do the soft-mod for the handbrake? i.e. you can still insert the vehicle speed in the .ini file?

Thank you!

Not sure what you mean... Are you talking about watching video while the parking brake is off ?? The shop who installed me the Avic did this bypass for me... and this is still working.

But maybe that's not what u meant... ??

It's the feature that not only allows you to do this, but ALSO to enter addresses etc when you're driving. I forget how I even did the .ini speed modification, so maybe someone else can explain it better..

Well thank your friend who knows a friend who knows a friend that got you this. It makes me feel so much better about my unit. I just want it to work with my ipod, bluetooth and have a good GPS system. Thanks for making the video. I finally look forward to using my system.

IAF - if possible, could you please check on the issue with a call coming in while listening to a CD? That will be the key feature for me going to 3.0. If it either pauses automatically or at least gives you the option to do so, I won't hesitate to upgrade. Thanks!

Ok, i just checked it today : the answer is No... it doesn't pause the music (nor video) after answering a call. It just mute it.

Third firmware rev and they still haven't fixed this. So much for Pioneer fixing the AVIC's issues. Thanks for the heads up.

That's awesome! So it looks like preset tuning via steering wheel controls works now?!!? Did this not work for you previously, but now works with 3.0?

In 2.0, the only steering wheel input that the unit would recognize for controlling tuning would nudge the tuner up, not seek, nor next preset. So if you're rocking to 101.1 (Preset 1) and push the steering wheel button, you'd go to 101.3 :roll:

That's not true... If you hold down the Up/Down button on your steering wheel for approximately a 1/2 second or so (rather than just clicking it) it will seek for the next station.

That's not true... If you hold down the Up/Down button on your steering wheel for approximately a 1/2 second or so (rather than just clicking it) it will seek for the next station.

That assumes that you have a wheel that can be held, rather than just rotated, and in any case, we weant it to move through presets, not just tune to whatever's next.

The Pioneer EU website for the F910BT states "Hands Free Dialling" for the bluetooth phone. Has Voice Control been enabled in 3.0 for the F900BT ?

On my computer it says "handsfree calling" not "dialing", anyway: No Voice control! It was propably to expensive to teach the system all the different European Languages. Given the fact, that that they have difficulties with the voice guidance in Europe (at least in Germany) that's propably a feature rather than something you want to be added :evil:

rgds

Jörg

Hello

Why you already have the new version if it is not already available? :?:

Why ? Cause i wanted it! :)

lol, maybe u wanted to know HOW i got the new version already... Well.. a friend of mine know somebody who knows somebody...

Lol. So, if you know a friend who knows another friend who knows a ... and I know you yourself, we are all friends !!!!!!

Any possibility? :mrgreen:

In 2.0, the only steering wheel input that the unit would recognize for controlling tuning would nudge the tuner up, not seek, nor next preset. So if you're rocking to 101.1 (Preset 1) and push the steering wheel button, you'd go to 101.3 :roll:

Let me clarify:

The PAI remote adapter can be programed for seek up/down or preset up/down. The AVIC-F series do not respond to preset up/down when the remote adapter is programmed to output these signals to the head unit. The only input that unit recognizes for controlling tuning is the seek up/down. Seek is not the behavior for a single press, and to seek, requires that the steering wheel controls will output a continuous signal for the head unit to seek.

Regardless, the preset up/down is definitely the preferred behavior of the majority.

Can you confirm to us that you can still do the soft-mod for the handbrake? i.e. you can still insert the vehicle speed in the .ini file?

Thank you!

Not sure what you mean... Are you talking about watching video while the parking brake is off ?? The shop who installed me the Avic did this bypass for me... and this is still working.

Allright iaf_22 here's the nutshell: there are two types of bypasses, a hardwired and a software. The software is primary source of concern because of the questions with testmode's functionality. Hardwire fools the unit into thinking the parking brake is pulled. However, when you start moving, the gyros/GPS senses your moving and once you make it over 10mph, you get another safety warning that once again disables input to the unit (inputting addresses, watching video, etc).

However, this software warning can also be disabled (via testmode) by changing the parking_break_speed value in the DATA.zip file (/project_config/pioneer.ini) does in fact bypass the video/gps restriction . Looks like this:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=16.0

hide_logos=1

Change the 16 to 256 (I think) and you have bypassed it.

The question is, is it still accessible and is it still in an easy to find spot - not to mention, IF you can find it - DOES IT STILL WORK...

Thank you!

Allright iaf_22 here's the nutshell: there are two types of bypasses, a hardwired and a software. The software is primary source of concern because of the questions with testmode's functionality. Hardwire fools the unit into thinking the parking brake is pulled. However, when you start moving, the gyros/GPS senses your moving and once you make it over 10mph, you get another safety warning that once again disables input to the unit (inputting addresses, watching video, etc).

However, this software warning can also be disabled (via testmode) by changing the parking_break_speed value in the DATA.zip file (/project_config/pioneer.ini) does in fact bypass the video/gps restriction . Looks like this:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=16.0

hide_logos=1

Change the 16 to 256 (I think) and you have bypassed it.

The question is, is it still accessible and is it still in an easy to find spot - not to mention, IF you can find it - DOES IT STILL WORK...

?

The complete hardware bypass involves both grounding the parking brake wire and moving and grounding the mute wire. When this is done, there is nothing else to bypass. The software bypass simply substitutes moving the mute wire with changing the speed setting in the INI file. The end result is identical.