AVIC411.com

New european version 3.010100 available for download

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you won't be able to use the new iGo at all until someone hacks it to work with the universal license. Try replacing just the APL folder with 3.0 and leaving everything else the same :D

Good idea, I will try that after I finish downloading a flash drive restore :lol:

So I ended up writing over all my old files with a flash backup, but that didn't work, it would boot and get me to the main menu, but I couldn't do anything. Also after writing over all the files I tried the new APL folder and it didn't work, but I am not completely ruling that out because I haven't tried just the new APL since my head unit began working again. I had to completely delete all files then copy to the flash disk.

Sorry if that is confusing.

Okay I tried to replace only the files in the APL Folder on the device with the one from the update.

Result: Crash on boot up.

So this wont work that way. Maybe it needs a newer CE image, maybethere are some differences with the hardware.

All I want is the Folder Skip support of the Steering Wheel Control. Wonder which files need to be replaced for that...

Im still pissed that Pioneer isnt releasing such an important update for all Avic owners as soon as they have it. Waiting a whole year now for that.

Unless it doesnt get released for the F900 real soon its byebye Pioneer for me. :evil:

[quote=

All I want is the Folder Skip support of the Steering Wheel Control. Wonder which files need to be replaced for that...

Im still pissed that Pioneer isnt releasing such an important update for all Avic owners as soon as they have it. Waiting a whole year now for that.

Unless it doesnt get released for the F900 real soon its byebye Pioneer for me.

Hi,

Let me introduce myself first: My name is Paul and I live in the Netherlands. I have been playing with hard- and software since pre-personal computer times and still having fun with it.

Anyway, since a week I have a F900BT which Pioneer installed as a swap for a HD3BT which was faulty.

The funny thing is that it has software version 3.000300 on it, while i've not been able to find anything higher than 2.007000 on Pioneers website.

Unfortunately I've not been able to get the thing in testmode, I guess they must have changed enough to prevent that using the SD card trick. The good news is that there is a newer version for the F900 series, and I would be happy to share it if only I could find a way to get into this for now ' black box'.

Any suggestions?

Paul

Hi,

Let me introduce myself first: My name is Paul and I live in the Netherlands. I have been playing with hard- and software since pre-personal computer times and still having fun with it.

Anyway, since a week I have a F900BT which Pioneer installed as a swap for a HD3BT which was faulty.

The funny thing is that it has software version 3.000300 on it, while i've not been able to find anything higher than 2.007000 on Pioneers website.

Unfortunately I've not been able to get the thing in testmode, I guess they must have changed enough to prevent that using the SD card trick. The good news is that there is a newer version for the F900 series, and I would be happy to share it if only I could find a way to get into this for now ' black box'.

Any suggestions?

Paul

Did you try testmode v2.3?