AVIC411.com

New european version 3.010100 available for download

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those in doubt that they have or need the European WINCE update, I uploaded my 3.0 image:

http://rapidshare.com/files/255045020/WINCEIMG.zip

Paul

So according to this file ... we have to do the update of the WINCE (step1) and the sequence is what i wrote in my previous post? Thanks.

ΟΚ ... so i read all the posts and i got some questions... and i am not a newbee :P

Let's take it from the beginning and clarify the posts for the ones that are trying to do this "update",

1) We have to update the WinCE version of our F900BT (in my situation).

Question: Which are the correct winceimg files in order to update our unit in EUROPEAN version? In the other post i think we have the US version. (And i think i do understand how to do the updating of the WinCE).

2) Suppose we successfully update our WINCE version, next thing we have to do is apply the testmode and erase previous APL directory and change it with the one that Paul gave us ?? (yes i have already a backup of my system).

3) After that we have the Version 3 BUT we are still not having the 8.3 version of the maps. We have the steering controls, the menus and the caller functionality. Correct? (i don't know about the 3rd mode of the maps. Does it work also on 8.0 or we need maps with 8.3 ??)

Really thanks for your help.

Antony.

So according to this file ... we have to do the update of the WINCE (step1) and the sequence is what i wrote in my previous post? Thanks.

Hi Brandon,

Since I am the owner of a F900BT which already contains version 3 I can't tell you exactly what to do, but I think you are right. One comment though, if you simply rename the APL folder to something like APL.OLD there is no need to delete it, you can just copy the new APL on the flash drive then, I think there is enough space.

Paul

One comment though, if you simply rename the APL folder to something like APL.OLD there is no need to delete it, you can just copy the new APL on the flash drive then, I think there is enough space.

Paul

Yeap friend i got your point. You can either delete or rename the directory i know!!

So is ANYONE that did this procedure/update or we are talking theoreticly ?? (i am always talk regarding EUROPE units)

Is the procedure updating the WINCE with the files that Paul gave us and then testmode and update the APL folder?

Sorry but it would be great if someone confirmed this process. Thanks.

Since noone answered my question regarding the update ... i tried it by myself.

So ... The correct procedure for a european Unit is the below:

1) I updated the WINCE from the wince files that Paul uploaded and the instuctions i got here in forum (don't forget to do the update WINCE and choose the option WITHOUT format).

2) Testmode works just fine after the update. I got in the windows, i renamed the APL directory (backup purposes) and i add the APL directory that Paul gave us too.

3) Reboot and everything is working just great.

To tell you the truth i didn't see major changes, but it solved me the problem i had with the steering wheel. Now i can change my presets with a button in the left side of the wheel.

If i see anything else .. i will write it.

Someone has figured out how to update the wince and the apl folder is usable. I did it from the instructions they gave and it works perfectly. Button response is as expected.

and then

To tell you the truth i didn't see major changes, but it solved me the problem i had with the steering wheel. Now i can change my presets with a button in the left side of the wheel.

So... before trying to brick my F-900BT ... is button response like the famous youtube video or it's still laggy? (It's my major complain with the unit)

Thank you.

Someone has figured out how to update the wince and the apl folder is usable. I did it from the instructions they gave and it works perfectly. Button response is as expected.

and then

So... before trying to brick my F-900BT ... is button response like the famous youtube video or it's still laggy? (It's my major complain with the unit)

Thank you.

Button response is just like the video! Was my biggest complaint also.