AVIC411.com

3.0 Modding: Thoughts & Ideas

I have been a silent modder for some time now. I have had success with just about every mod on this forum and came to really enjoy a few. Now that 3.0 is out and it fixed my biggest problem (button push lag) I'd like to hear your thoughts. 3.0 is far from perfect and is dying to be modded. Has anyone had success with DATA file manipulation? Hacked and working EZrider? I know theme mods are working so that's a start. Please let me know if you have had any success or failures with 3.0.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had partial success.I updated the Wince files and these have made a great difference in regard of touch screen response.I also managed to somehow partially upgrade to firmware 3!I seem to have a mix of both 2 and 3!!All in all I am quite happy now especially as the unziptosd mod is still active.Even if the full 3 comes available I don't think I'll bother.I definitely won't if I am expected to pay for it.I think Pioneer should at least put right all the bugs that have been in the system from it's introduction. All in all it's better than it was but not as good as it could be... :)

Haven't got the update (yet), but i can look into the f910 update available from pioneer website.

I'm having a look into adding more info display fields. It's probably quite simple.

I've seen mods with 6 or even 7 infofields at the same time, so it can be done.

I identified fields in navigatemap, settings and scripts related to this. Maybe a experienced modder can tell if there are more and how they work together?

I would like to try to ad multiplan too, but i think that is beyond my capacities...

I have been a silent modder for some time now. I have had success with just about every mod on this forum and came to really enjoy a few. Now that 3.0 is out and it fixed my biggest problem (button push lag) I'd like to hear your thoughts. 3.0 is far from perfect and is dying to be modded. Has anyone had success with DATA file manipulation? Hacked and working EZrider? I know theme mods are working so that's a start. Please let me know if you have had any success or failures with 3.0.

I'm going to try and implement this to my map screen as soon as keeper22 releases it.

post-25393-12872757989423_thumb.jpg

Ok if you guys want skies on your 3.0 unit here is how: Copy and replace the attached sys file in my flash disk/apl2/igo.

Then go into your data.zip file and replace the gfx file with the one also provided in the zip file attached.

Then you have to modify each scheme color.ini and color3d.ini. Copy and paste this code below, under [other] all the way at the bottom in the color.ini files.

background_picture_0="gfx/day/cs.bmp"

sun_picture_0 = "gfx/day/sp.bmp"

This code just shows where the files are for the background to be displayed so you can actually pick other bmp's to use. The one above is for a day background, so you would have to use "gfx/night/whatever bmp for night you want to use"

Have fun modding! :D

sky.zip

post-25393-12872757990256_thumb.jpg

post-25393-12872757990791_thumb.jpg

SO the good news is 3.0 is fully modifiable. Let me clarify that I am running the x series flash drive copy that is floating around this forum. I then upgraded to Pioneers current build 3.1(or whatever the specific number is). Everything that we all grew to count on and enjoy as far as customization is 100% achievable right now. All of the great modders out there will be able to adapt 2.0 to 3.0 with out any barriers...

SO the good news is 3.0 is fully modifiable. Let me clarify that I am running the x series flash drive copy that is floating around this forum. I then upgraded to Pioneers current build 3.1(or whatever the specific number is). Everything that we all grew to count on and enjoy as far as customization is 100% achievable right now. All of the great modders out there will be able to adapt 2.0 to 3.0 with out any barriers...

yes

eurotuner29:

This may be a newbie question, but where exactly can I find the color.ini files that need to be modified? Also, how many of those files are there?

Thanks!

There in the schemes files themselves. The usually have 2 ini files in them. You have to modify every scheme file you want them to show up in.

The files are in apl2/igo/content/scheme

eurotuner29:

I followed your instructions perfectly and I have run into a small problem. After I loaded the new DATA.ZIP, SYS.TXT, and all of the scheme files (the four color.ini and four color3d.ini), I booted my unit up.

After my splash screen goes away, a small WinCE window pops up and says something about application data or application memory or something, I can't read it because it goes away really quickly and then the main menu comes up. Once the menu loads up, the "System Starting" message just hangs on the screen and doesn't go away. I am able to push buttons and all, but it stays on there.

I used the proprietary Windows 7 compression to decompress the originals and recompress the new files. I think the F-series is very picky about its file compression. What do you use to decompress and compress your ZIP files for the unit?

eurotuner29:

I followed your instructions perfectly and I have run into a small problem. After I loaded the new DATA.ZIP, SYS.TXT, and all of the scheme files (the four color.ini and four color3d.ini), I booted my unit up.

After my splash screen goes away, a small WinCE window pops up and says something about application data or application memory or something, I can't read it because it goes away really quickly and then the main menu comes up. Once the menu loads up, the "System Starting" message just hangs on the screen and doesn't go away. I am able to push buttons and all, but it stays on there.

I used the proprietary Windows 7 compression to decompress the originals and recompress the new files. I think the F-series is very picky about its file compression. What do you use to decompress and compress your ZIP files for the unit?

Use Winrar

Ok, so now that I have that mod out of the way, there are a couple of things that I would like to do to clean up my map screen and I would really appreciate any help from you guys!

I would like to remove the clock from the map screen completely. I have a digital clock not even four inches above my head unit, so the clock is not necessary. I have found the thread on how to modify the clocks font and color, but I didn't find anything on how to remove the clock entirely.

I would also like to remove the displayed info box from the bottom left hand corner of the map as well as the ruler when a route has not been entered. I know this was possible with 2.0, and I'm not sure if I has been done with 3.0 yet. If I could just get pointed in the right direction, I can probably figure some of it out.

Thanks again!!!