AVIC411.com

3.0 Modding: Thoughts & Ideas

So I have been able to successfully remove the clock and compass from my map screen. I was able to move the 3D/2D/Noth up icon and the icon under that up to the top of the screen in place of the clock and compass.

I have one last thing that I want to remove completely and that is the ruler/scale thing above the displayed info box in the bottom left corner of the map screen.

I have scoured every ui file and have had no luck. I don't even know what the programmers would have called that or what variable/script name they would have given it. If anybody can provide any help or knows what file to even look in or a hint as to what they called it in the files, that would be a HUGE help!

Thanks!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one last thing that I want to remove completely and that is the ruler/scale thing above the displayed info box in the bottom left corner of the map screen.

Thanks!!!

map.ZOOMCONTROL

Position is probably set in scripots_800_480.ui

Well, looks like i`m living with not having the GPS status in the clocks place, cant find that GPS status.BMP, but thanks for telling me how to do the mod..

Appreciated..

Het tommyis3 - Don't give up so quick. Once you get into the data.zip you need to have patience. There really is a lot of stuff going on to make the unit operate. Depending on the mod, it can take hours and hours of trial and error. If you're not comfortable changing the zip file then you should probably stay away from it altogether and use someones completed mods.

I downloaded a 8.3 data.zip and it looks like the gps status bmp is the same as 8.0. They're calling the same file number too as well as the same script and phasemodel.

Paste this into your navigatemap800_480 file in the navigatemapbuttons section and zip back up and install it. Tell me happens.

Can someone with 8.0 modding experiance paste this in and let us know the results?

BorisM: You are awesome! Thank you so much for your help.

I was able to find map.ZOOMCONTROL in scripts_800_480.ui and start.ui and move the ruler off the map screen completely. It's perfect now!

Thanks!

You're welcome!

So I have been able to successfully remove the clock and compass from my map screen. I was able to move the 3D/2D/Noth up icon and the icon under that up to the top of the screen in place of the clock and compass.

I have scoured every ui file and have had no luck. I don't even know what the programmers would have called that or what variable/script name they would have given it. If anybody can provide any help or knows what file to even look in or a hint as to what they called it in the files, that would be a HUGE help!

Thanks!!!

Can you tell me how you moved that other button? I haven't been able to get it to move, but the 2D/3D button moved fine

Sure! You want to first open navigatemap_800_480.ui (in DATA\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui) and then scroll down and replace the following values in red:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Of course, you will want to select a Y value to your liking. My 2D/3D/Noth Up button has a Y value of 12, so it's really close ot the top of the screen. I made this button close to the 2D/3D/North Up button, thus the y=75 value.

Then you want to open navigatemap.ui and start.ui (both files are in DATA\ui_pioneer\common\ui). You then want to search each file (using Ctrl + F) using btnNMB_Cursor as the search parameter. When going through the results, you want to replace the value 213 located next to each result (not every result will have 213 next to it, just skip those results) with your new Y value.

Then you want to search those two files (navigatemap.ui and start.ui) using btnNMB_Pos as the search parameter. You will do the same thing as above (replacing the 213's with your new Y value).

Example:

BEFORE:

runifnot vStateMode "0" 'btnNMB_Cursor.y 213'

AFTER:

runifnot vStateMode "0" 'btnNMB_Cursor.y 75'

Hope this helps!

Soooo, i just realized that my night map page doesn't work. When I press map and press OK, the unit restarts. Once it is restarted, it hangs on the splash screen.

I double checked my night files, and they look fine.

Add these two bmp's to your 800_480 folder in the data.zip. Should fix the problem and boot up fine.

Are you sure they don't go in the common folder? I pout them in the 800-400 folder, didn't work, but in common it did???

I could not find anything in start.ui for zoomcontrol. is listed under another name?

BorisM: You are awesome! Thank you so much for your help.

I was able to find map.ZOOMCONTROL in scripts_800_480.ui and start.ui and move the ruler off the map screen completely. It's perfect now!

Thanks!

To remove the ruler/scale from the map page entirely (will not display with or without route entered), please do the following:

In the scripts_800_480.ui file (DATA\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui) , you want to replace the red value with the value in blue:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

In the navigatemap.ui file (DATA\ui_pioneer\common\ui) , you want to replace the red value with the value in blue:

BEFORE:

; position map

map.ZOOMCONTROL_X 8

map.ZOOMCONTROL_Y 331

map.ZOOMCONTROL_TEXTOFFSET -8

map.ZOOMCONTROL_BARHEIGHT 8

map.ZOOMCONTROL_TICKHEIGHT 0

map.ZOOMCONTROL_ZOOMSIZE 150

map.ZOOMCONTROL_FONT "tahoma"

map.ZOOMCONTROL_FONTSIZE 24

map.ZOOMCONTROL_GLOWSIZE 0

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 1