AVIC411.com

3.0 Modding: Thoughts & Ideas

I have questions:

Which is easier to move on the map screen - the clock, or the pop-up highway signs?

I love the addition of the Highway signs, but the exit ramp ones show up over the clock, covering it. Ideally, I'd like to shift the highway signs to the left to avoid this, or - move the clock all the way to the left corner of the screen when the highway signs appear.

any ideas on what to change to affect this?

My old 2.0 Speed limit sign hacks and branded POI's work just great in 3.0!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so now that I have that mod out of the way, there are a couple of things that I would like to do to clean up my map screen and I would really appreciate any help from you guys!

I would like to remove the clock from the map screen completely. I have a digital clock not even four inches above my head unit, so the clock is not necessary. I have found the thread on how to modify the clocks font and color, but I didn't find anything on how to remove the clock entirely.

I would also like to remove the displayed info box from the bottom left hand corner of the map as well as the ruler when a route has not been entered. I know this was possible with 2.0, and I'm not sure if I has been done with 3.0 yet. If I could just get pointed in the right direction, I can probably figure some of it out.

Thanks again!!!

To get rid of the clock just comment it out in navigatemap800.ui.

Just put this symbol in front of the line ;

I`d love to remove the clock and in its place put the GPS icon that shows when satellite are acquired. that possible?

Yes, it's possible.

wow. what an incredibly obnoxious answer that is not only unhelpful to the person asking the question, but also takes up unnecessary space on the forums. People reading a topic on modding should not have to visually weed out all the bs posts like that.

I`d love to remove the clock and in its place put the GPS icon that shows when satellite are acquired. that possible?

Yes, it's possible.

Please enlighten me.

Thanks.

To remove the clock info from showing: In navigate 800_480 ui file comment out the code related to the clock by putting a semi colon ";" at the beginning of the code.

For GPS signal: Search the bmps for the satellite icon that's used in the gps status screen. Once you locate the bmp write down the file name and search the other ui files until you find a code that includes that bmp. Copy that code over to your navigate800_480 file within the NavigateMapButtons layer.

For reference here's the code I used in the zip I was using in November:

This was pre 3.0 so some things may have changed.

Good Luck.

Has anyone tried moving the two buttons on the right? I removed the clock and compass since my car has both digitally and much easier to see that on the AVIC, so i'm trying to move the 2D/3D button and the one underneith it (forget what its called) to the top right. I was able to move the 2D/3D button exactly where i wanted (x=722 y=20), but the other one won't move. I've verified I am modifying the correct code by matching the filename to the BMP, but no matter what i put for Y, it stays in the middle right. Any ideas?

Has anyone tried moving the two buttons on the right? I removed the clock and compass since my car has both digitally and much easier to see that on the AVIC, so i'm trying to move the 2D/3D button and the one underneith it (forget what its called) to the top right. I was able to move the 2D/3D button exactly where i wanted (x=722 y=20), but the other one won't move. I've verified I am modifying the correct code by matching the filename to the BMP, but no matter what i put for Y, it stays in the middle right. Any ideas?

If it's anything like 2.0 scripts, button's position is set in one of the start-up scripts.

Note the name of the actual button (btnNMB_Map or something like that) and search through scripts in the common folder to see where it is being positioned.