AVIC411.com

3.0 Modding: Thoughts & Ideas

While we are talking about mod ideas - (besides the updated data.zip already provided by mikeinnj to add the mute/stop/shortcuts)

the trip computer was one of my favorites.

Changing the icon to be customized to be your own vehicle comes in a close second (as long as it doesn't affect the fast 3d drawing of 8.3)

Thx,

Ben

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried moving the two buttons on the right? I removed the clock and compass since my car has both digitally and much easier to see that on the AVIC, so i'm trying to move the 2D/3D button and the one underneith it (forget what its called) to the top right. I was able to move the 2D/3D button exactly where i wanted (x=722 y=20), but the other one won't move. I've verified I am modifying the correct code by matching the filename to the BMP, but no matter what i put for Y, it stays in the middle right. Any ideas?

If it's anything like 2.0 scripts, button's position is set in one of the start-up scripts.

Note the name of the actual button (btnNMB_Map or something like that) and search through scripts in the common folder to see where it is being positioned.

Yes, the y position of the code also has to be changed in the start.ui file in data.zip. It's listed in there like 3 times.

Soooo, i just realized that my night map page doesn't work. When I press map and press OK, the unit restarts. Once it is restarted, it hangs on the splash screen.

I double checked my night files, and they look fine.

Add these two bmp's to your 800_480 folder in the data.zip. Should fix the problem and boot up fine.

I have the same problem. Those attached files are the same that are already in there. I am using monopoly night. I used your sys.txt and modified gfx. It will reboot when I add the lines to my monopoly file, but when I use the standard monopoly file is doesn't reboot. I tried it twice and still nogo. Sorry to be a pain.

Soooo, i just realized that my night map page doesn't work. When I press map and press OK, the unit restarts. Once it is restarted, it hangs on the splash screen.

I double checked my night files, and they look fine.

Add these two bmp's to your 800_480 folder in the data.zip. Should fix the problem and boot up fine.

I have the same problem. Those attached files are the same that are already in there. I am using monopoly night. I used your sys.txt and modified gfx. It will reboot when I add the lines to my monopoly file, but when I use the standard monopoly file is doesn't reboot. I tried it twice and still nogo. Sorry to be a pain.

I dunno. Mine works fine. Are you guys using winrar to rezip them? Just drop mine in and see what it does.

monopoly_night.zip

Yes, the y position of the code also has to be changed in the start.ui file in data.zip. It's listed in there like 3 times.

Hmm, i changed the 3 entries for it in start.ui, but it remains in the same spot. I'll keeping looking through the rest of the scripts. Thanks for the help, I had no idea those things were in more than one file :x

I've figured out the displayed info box. The following method will hide the box and the text completely whoile no route is entered. It should all display when a route is entered.

The following excerpts are from navigatemap.ui under DATA/ui_pioneer/common/ui

BEFORE:

;*********************************12.9*********************************

vNavMode.set "OFFROUTE"

map.ENABLEMAPMOVE 1

vNavMode.set "OFFROUTE"

map.ENABLEMAPMOVE 1

btnNMB_RouteInfo.HIDE

map.ISROUTEVALID vValidRoute vDeletableRoute

;runif vValidRoute 0 'vNavMode.set "NOROUTE", ui_RouteinfoBackground.hide'

;else_run 'ui_RouteinfoBackground.show'

vNavMode.set "ONTHEROUTE"

map.ENABLEMAPMOVE 1

runif vOnFlyover 0 'btnNMB_RouteInfo.SHOW'

runif vFullScreenCockpit 0 'ui_NavigateMapRouteNavigationInfos.SHOW'

else_run 'ui_NavigateMapRouteNavigationInfos.HIDE'

AFTER:

;*********************************12.9*********************************

vNavMode.set "OFFROUTE"

map.ENABLEMAPMOVE 1

vNavMode.set "OFFROUTE"

map.ENABLEMAPMOVE 1

btnNMB_RouteInfo.HIDE

map.ISROUTEVALID vValidRoute vDeletableRoute

runif vValidRoute 0 'vNavMode.set "NOROUTE", ui_RouteinfoBackground.hide'

else_run 'ui_RouteinfoBackground.show'

vNavMode.set "ONTHEROUTE"

map.ENABLEMAPMOVE 1

runif vOnFlyover 0 'btnNMB_RouteInfo.SHOW'

runif vFullScreenCockpit 0 'ui_NavigateMapRouteNavigationInfos.SHOW'

else_run 'ui_NavigateMapRouteNavigationInfos.HIDE'

You just need to un-comment those two lines in red.

Enjoy!

Perfect. That's exactly what I needed.

Stupid that it reverts back to "on" after you shut the unit off every time now.

I believe one of the modders got the setting to stick. Basically, Pioneer just forgot to add a permanent variable to save it.

Haven't got the update (yet), but i can look into the f910 update available from pioneer website.

I'm having a look into adding more info display fields. It's probably quite simple.

I've seen mods with 6 or even 7 infofields at the same time, so it can be done.

I identified fields in navigatemap, settings and scripts related to this. Maybe a experienced modder can tell if there are more and how they work together?

I would like to try to ad multiplan too, but i think that is beyond my capacities...

SO i tried to make more infoboxes appaer, but so far no result, not in the menu nor on the map? I changed everything in navigatmap.ui and settings.ui according to the coding in igo 8.0 but it just won't show. What do i do wrong? Probably am missing something....

Ok if you guys want skies on your 3.0 unit here is how: Copy and replace the attached sys file in my flash disk/apl2/igo.

Then go into your data.zip file and replace the gfx file with the one also provided in the zip file attached.

Then you have to modify each scheme color.ini and color3d.ini. Copy and paste this code below, under [other] all the way at the bottom in the color.ini files.

background_picture_0="gfx/day/cs.bmp"

sun_picture_0 = "gfx/day/sp.bmp"

This code just shows where the files are for the background to be displayed so you can actually pick other bmp's to use. The one above is for a day background, so you would have to use "gfx/night/whatever bmp for night you want to use"

Have fun modding! :D

I am having trouble getting any view of the sky, I wanted to try and adjust the 3D camera angle to show part of the sky before I installed the files from your zip, but it seems adjusting the view in either direction just makes the map go from 3d to 2d or a better angled 3d still with no view of the sky. Is there a setting to turn on or something? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

Ok if you guys want skies on your 3.0 unit here is how: Copy and replace the attached sys file in my flash disk/apl2/igo.

Then go into your data.zip file and replace the gfx file with the one also provided in the zip file attached.

Then you have to modify each scheme color.ini and color3d.ini. Copy and paste this code below, under [other] all the way at the bottom in the color.ini files.

background_picture_0="gfx/day/cs.bmp"

sun_picture_0 = "gfx/day/sp.bmp"

This code just shows where the files are for the background to be displayed so you can actually pick other bmp's to use. The one above is for a day background, so you would have to use "gfx/night/whatever bmp for night you want to use"

Have fun modding! :D

I am having trouble getting any view of the sky, I wanted to try and adjust the 3D camera angle to show part of the sky before I installed the files from your zip, but it seems adjusting the view in either direction just makes the map go from 3d to 2d or a better angled 3d still with no view of the sky. Is there a setting to turn on or something? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

You have to install the sys file to have the view you want.