AVIC411.com

Hacked EZRider 3.0?

Sorry for the newbie question:

Is it possible that I have a map to 2008 (what I think never use!) and a other Country from 2009in my APL maps folder? It`s running?

Is an other Link for the EZRider 3.0 available?

When I the new EZRider download from rapidshare I have only 8 KB.

You can mix and match maps any way you like. Just check the info screen on the unit to see what you have installed.

Maps are in the APL2 folder, however, not in APL.

-C

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it possible that I have a map to 2008 (what I think never use!) and a other Country from 2009in my APL maps folder? It`s running?

You can mix and match maps any way you like. Just check the info screen on the unit to see what you have installed.

-C

You can't route between different manufacturers' maps though.

-C

You can't route between different manufacturers' maps though.

Are you saying that if I have a Navteq Virginia map and a Teleatlas WV map, that it won't work? I am using both at the moment and it seems to work fine.

[

Are you saying that if I have a Navteq Virginia map and a Teleatlas WV map, that it won't work? I am using both at the moment and it seems to work fine.

One manufactures maps won't route through another manufactures map. In essence, it'll route you around the other manufacturers map file. If you try to route into Virginia from WV it most likely won't give you a route into that state.

[

One manufactures maps won't route through another manufactures map. In essence, it'll route you around the other manufacturers map file. If you try to route into Virginia from WV it most likely won't give you a route into that state.

I drive VA, WV, MD and PA everyday. So if I use Navteq on all of those states, I will be ok, right?

I just loaded the Navteq maps and I am really happier with those, so I guess the best thing is to just load ALL of the Navteq maps, right?

[

I have Navteq on my home state and Teleatlas on Ohio, did a simulation route to an Ohio address and it worked fine, so in theory, it does work.

[

I have Navteq on my home state and Teleatlas on Ohio, did a simulation route to an Ohio address and it worked fine, so in theory, it does work.

I'm glad it works, I understood that it would'nt work and the short time I had the Navteq I didn't test it. How about doing a route that would go through Ohio?

Just did a route from PA(navteq) to Indiana (teleatlas) through WV (navteq) Ohio (navteq) and worked ok. I am still on planning on loading all of the Navteq maps eventually just so I have them all.

Now should I change any other files..say like the basemap or dem to match the whole map?

Just did a route from PA(navteq) to Indiana (teleatlas) through WV (navteq) Ohio (navteq) and worked ok. I am still on planning on loading all of the Navteq maps eventually just so I have them all.

Now should I change any other files..say like the basemap or dem to match the whole map?

basemap should be from the same map provider as the individual maps. From what I understand, dems and poi's can be from mixed sources.

Hmmm... It wasn't supposed to work, according to all I have read about iGO 8.3. Of course we do have a special build, so if it does work, so much the better...

Not sure if it is relevant to the above but , I have noticed that which doing long routes the system keeps doing a route recalculation (even as I drive along long, straight, turn-less roads). I had assumed this to be due to it only holding a percentage of the whole route in memory and was 'phasing' the journey. Perhaps that is why you can mix NT and TA maps together and it still works ???