AVIC411.com

Avic-x910bt bypass

Hey guys, just finished installing an AVIC-x910bt and the bypass works the same as the AVIC-f900bt. This radio is what the F series should have been. Works so much better and faster!!!!

its the same thing.

Except they ship with the 3.0 firmware, I believe... so if it's "so much better and faster", then that's what would should be able to expect with the new 3.0 firmware.

Ok, two questions..

Question #1 : It would appear the the AVIC-D3 and the AVIC-X910BT use the same factory wire harnesses. If so, is it safe to just pull my D3 and use the existing wiring and use the harness that came with the X910BT in my other car with the D3? If so, that would save me a butt load of time!

Question #2 : I found the thread for performing the bypass on the F-Series by moving the Mute Wire to Position 4 and grounding the brake wire. Is this all that needs to be done to bypass the Nav/DVD security features? I'd rather not mess with the firmware at this point in time.

TIA!

eGo

Ok, two questions..

Question #1 : It would appear the the AVIC-D3 and the AVIC-X910BT use the same factory wire harnesses. If so, is it safe to just pull my D3 and use the existing wiring and use the harness that came with the X910BT in my other car with the D3? If so, that would save me a butt load of time!

Question #2 : I found the thread for performing the bypass on the F-Series by moving the Mute Wire to Position 4 and grounding the brake wire. Is this all that needs to be done to bypass the Nav/DVD security features? I'd rather not mess with the firmware at this point in time.

TIA!

eGo

1. It might look the same, or at least very similar, but there are other things to be aware of before swapping them out. First, make sure the molded harnesses are a match and clip together properly. Second, even if they fit, the pin assignments might be completely different. Third, search sites like crutchfield and see if the same harness is sold for both units.

2. yes. Instead of moving the mute wire, I actually pulled a wire from a spare harness I had and used the extra pin and wire for the e-brake ground. It works perfectly and I've never had a problem with it. Just make sure you ground it properly.

Alright! Got my wiring all cleaned up. I had some pretty sloppy stuff going on. But it's amazing how much better that thing fits in my car without having to cram the BT box in there too. I had to do some creative wiring in a spot or two based on my getting cut happy the first time I wired everything up for my D3. The bypass worked well, that was a blessing. But I'm forseeing a problem with my rear output in the future... One of the pins for the rear output is loose and won't stay in the connector properly. Hopefully I'll be able to get a connection with it, but I won't know till my amps get here.. Then I'll find out.

So, a hint for all the D3 owners out there that may upgrade to the X910BT, it's plug and play! almost... :P Unplug the wire harness (power cord and rca cord). Unplug the GPS antenna (for some reason they chose to use a different connector this time) and use the existing cable to pull your new one through, then pull the old one out. Last, you'll have to unplug your iPod cable and swap it out for the new one as well. They both use the same MIC, and the XM adapter that I had purchased GEX-P920XM is also compatible. Soo, other than the iPod cable and the GPS antenna, it's a straight swap!

Now... I gotta figure out what I need to install my D3 in my girlfriends 08 Suzuki XL7.. I got a feeling I've got a $150 headache coming on for wiring harnesses........

eGo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Alright! Got my wiring all cleaned up. I had some pretty sloppy stuff going on. But it's amazing how much better that thing fits in my car without having to cram the BT box in there too. I had to do some creative wiring in a spot or two based on my getting cut happy the first time I wired everything up for my D3. The bypass worked well, that was a blessing. But I'm forseeing a problem with my rear output in the future... One of the pins for the rear output is loose and won't stay in the connector properly. Hopefully I'll be able to get a connection with it, but I won't know till my amps get here.. Then I'll find out.

So, a hint for all the D3 owners out there that may upgrade to the X910BT, it's plug and play! almost... :P Unplug the wire harness (power cord and rca cord). Unplug the GPS antenna (for some reason they chose to use a different connector this time) and use the existing cable to pull your new one through, then pull the old one out. Last, you'll have to unplug your iPod cable and swap it out for the new one as well. They both use the same MIC, and the XM adapter that I had purchased GEX-P920XM is also compatible. Soo, other than the iPod cable and the GPS antenna, it's a straight swap!

Now... I gotta figure out what I need to install my D3 in my girlfriends 08 Suzuki XL7.. I got a feeling I've got a $150 headache coming on for wiring harnesses........

eGo

I just the exact same thing and about the gps wire having different plugs on it. I just used a small flat head screwdriver and popped up the tabs holding the wire on the connector and just swapped them. Seems to be working fine. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up

Hello people. I Just tried this by pass step by step thing with winrar into my pioneer and now it wont turn on at all!! the "Pioneer " logo pops up and then it turns completley off and its very annoying! i did the whole download files, put on sd card, go to windows on my pioneer, copy, paste, ect. Blue screen and all but now when i reset it "Pioneer" pops up and then shuts completley off!!! can someone please please please help me!!!

Thank you

Alisa :oops:

Hello people. I Just tried this by pass step by step thing with winrar into my pioneer and now it wont turn on at all!! the "Pioneer " logo pops up and then it turns completley off and its very annoying! i did the whole download files, put on sd card, go to windows on my pioneer, copy, paste, ect. Blue screen and all but now when i reset it "Pioneer" pops up and then shuts completley off!!! can someone please please please help me!!!

Thank you

Alisa :oops:

Might wanna post on this forum. The one you posted on is about bypassing to be able to drive and watch movies. Heres the Problems forum.

viewforum.php?f=49