AVIC411.com

having second thoughts..... am I nuts

I was searching around and found this unit that came out last year to pretty favorable reviews.

http://www.mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?m ... 126&page=1

Thing that caught my attention the most was the 7 inch screen AND that its removable.

Am I nuts for considering VC over the Z110.

I haven't ready anything very bad about it and its half the price.

comments and PLEASE dont make flames just because. This is hard spent money and your honest

opinion matters

thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

hi

i looked atthis unit last year before i bought the 900 - the 2 main issues i had iirc were that the button illumination couldn't be changed to red to match the TT - not the end of the world i know and it may be possible now also the BT is meant to be really glitchy

this was a uk version tho - my F10bt has been delayed 2 weeks until official EU launch :(

cheers

Paul

hey there is a familiar face :)

yes I also noted the ability to not change the color but with the 09 nav its a mixture of blues/oranges when its in operation so I am not sure if I would miss it that bad.

Reading a ton of reviews on the JVC and nothing pops out as bad.

Of course, a Pioneer product is a Pioneer product and that is of value....

I also know the JVC will stick out a bit more than the Pioneer which is likely to be flush.... I think....

UGH, why do I torture myself

to be honest, its not the cost at all. I already have a Z110 on the way.

BUT

being times what they are and that I do drive around town a lot I am really concerned about theft.

yes it sounds silly to compromise yourself but with the economy its more of a matter of life.

will it always be an issue, sure but if you can minimize the temptation....

I dont know, I am just torn.

If someone is looking to break into your car/truck and steal your GPS head unit, they will NOT care if it's Pioneer or JVC. They are going to take it either way...

I completely agree with you garret. However, on the other hand, I can also understand the point aleicgrant is trying to make: if I were to have my head unit stolen I'd rather only be out 700 dollars vice 1400 or 1600.

im sure it is decent, it's just up to how much you want to spend. you will likely get what you pay for.

You can find them on ebay for $700 shipped. That's a very good price, virtually half the price of the Pioneer.

i know. that is my point.

may have not specifically stated this but the JVC has a completely removable faceplate.

All the thief is going to see is a blank with some pretty copper connectors.......

General features:

# DVD/CD receiver with navigation and built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)

# detachable face with 7" color screen and motion-sensing technology

# included Bluetooth adapter

#

Audio/video features:

# built-in control of iPod and iPhone

# plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files)

# 24-bit digital-to-analog converter

# 7-band iEQ

#

Navigation features:

# maps of Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and the entire United States

# built-in flash memory for navigation, updates made using an SD card

# 12 million points of interest

# built-in traffic tuner with free 90-day trial subscription

# voice guidance in 10 languages

#

Expandability:

# compatible with: HD Radio tuner, satellite radio tuner, rear-view camera

# inputs: A/V and USB inputs, SD-card slot

# outputs: video output, 5-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, mono sub), optical digital output

#

Other features and specs:

Just where are you going to put a 7" x 4" face plate anyways?? Unless you're a girl and have a purse it would not be that practical to just carry around all the time.

Besides, don't you guys have comprehensive insurance? Hell just one of my rims costs $900. I couldn't imagine not having insurance. Then again the car this deck is going in is worth more in parts than whole :( :

I guess we are looking at it differently.

The faceplate slips right into a briefcase which I carry with me all the time.

I have a $200 deductible on my car so out of pocket cost is minimal but what is

the cost of the aggravation of glass replacement, time and if some jackass tears up

the dash.

Ounce of prevention what was I was thinking about.

In the end, I will likely stick with the Pio but looking at this second option has made me think.