AVIC411.com

having second thoughts..... am I nuts

If someone is looking to break into your car/truck and steal your GPS head unit, they will NOT care if it's Pioneer or JVC. They are going to take it either way...

I completely agree with you garret. However, on the other hand, I can also understand the point aleicgrant is trying to make: if I were to have my head unit stolen I'd rather only be out 700 dollars vice 1400 or 1600.

Insurance, Insurance, Insurance. Deductible is the same regardless of the headunit cost...

If someone is looking to break into your car/truck and steal your GPS head unit, they will NOT care if it's Pioneer or JVC. They are going to take it either way...

I completely agree with you garret. However, on the other hand, I can also understand the point aleicgrant is trying to make: if I were to have my head unit stolen I'd rather only be out 700 dollars vice 1400 or 1600.

Insurance, Insurance, Insurance. Deductible is the same regardless of the headunit cost...

Insurance is for sissies. :lol:
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still rocking the D3 and I think it's time I upgrade. This JVC does look pretty nice. It seems to have everything, is cheaper and has a sweet remote. I like touchscreen as much as the next man because hey, it's touchscren. Yet I can't be bothered with that while I'm driving around. I find it troublesome that I have to reach out and turn the knob with the D3. Now the Z110 has the little volume button. That's just going to be more difficult to deal with while driving. I haven't had a remote in years and I gave up steering wheel controls for the D3 so I really miss that convience.

I used to have a remote with a previous Pioneer unit as well, and it was convenient. However, I don't have any problem with the volume button on the Z110BT - it's easy to use. And, the steering wheel controls do work (except the down volume button is sometimes hesitant).

The Z110BT beats all of the other head units I have seen personally, hands down. It is a little more, but there's a reason for that - it's worth it. :D