AVIC411.com

Keeper Mod + Speedcam for newbs

1: Download

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=468KYQXT f700 without MSN shortcut

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=203GF9X1 Normal Keeper mod with MSN shortcuts

2: Unzip the mods.zip file and put the files on a SD card

3: Move the files from the SD card to the unit in test mode. The zip already has the directories in it so if you cannot figure out where the files go then stop there

What i have included here is the

*keeper mod but without the MSN menu (for us 700 users)

*Speedcam mod with camera locations and the .spud update file

*Get rid of warning screen mod

Screenshot with MSN removed

IMG_0031.jpg

Speedcam

IMG_0032.jpg

Everything you need is included in this zip and it should be just as simple as moving a few files to your system.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so all we do is copy and overwrite the apl and apl2 folders in the avic with yours? and thats it? sounds easy enough....

BUT we have to have ver 3 firmware installed for it to work anyways right?

Just to be safe, I would copy just the single file in the APL folder, rather than copying over the whole folder.

For the APL2, you can probably do the same. It takes a few more seconds, but IMO is the safest process.

You should have added in the extra piece for map info... without it you cant change the speedcam info or add new ones. To do this it will only take you about a min to do and you will be doing everyone a big favor if they are gonna have the speedcam/trap bod on there.

I installed this earlier and all works great. However, my navigation and systems settings as well as the ability to watch movies while moving is enabled. My unit is not hardware bypassed, how can I have access to these all of a sudden?

btw, without msn version.

I installed this earlier and all works great. However, my navigation and systems settings as well as the ability to watch movies while moving is enabled. My unit is not hardware bypassed, how can I have access to these all of a sudden?

btw, without msn version.

probably because the files that adam provided have the software mod pre-installed

The hardware bypass does the same thing.

You can use either the hardware or the software bypass. The software bypass just sets a speed you can go before it tells you that you cant use video. You just set it to some really high number you would never actually go. The hardware bypass just gets rid of it all together.

I will see about the option to add speed cams tomorrow when i get a chance to poke around some more.

Another note for the person above. You probably could just move the entire folders over and it would be fine. i would always think about making a backup just in case though. As far as other systems besides the f700bt working i cannot say because i can only test it on my own.

I just thought i would try to make a simple "copy over a few files" to make life simple. I do not believe you should have to know how to edit code or risk messing something up with the data.zip if you do not feel safe doing it so i made a easy zip file.

So this is what I have on my system now and runs fine. I just uninstalled all my mods and used this zip that I made a compilation and it works fine per my directions.

NONE of these mods are my own, I have only combined and mods made by others.

included you will find

1) Keepers latest mod with drop down menu (in talking with him he has given me the instructions to add back in the info button so that is the only coding I really did here)

2) The software bypass for those complaining above that theirs no longer works (i have hardware but this software will work)

3) Gadget B1s updated SpeedCam mod via Boris M - Read the Speedcam Version 3.0 thread in order to learn how to use this mod, I have added the spud file that I uploaded to that thread, it contains many of the already known speedtraps/cams in the US you may have to modify their speed limits to make them alarm you. (use the cursor and drop down menu in keepers mod press the 3rd option down which is POI then click the one all the way to the right which is CURSOR info)

4) Carver's Nag screen mod - this knocks out some of the annoying nag screens but not all of them.

Here is the Zip it does not include testmode V2.3 which you also need make sure you read the instructions and have back ups for your current 3.0 files.

Rapidshare LInk - http://rapidshare.com/files/262138182/4 ... d.zip.html

So this is what I have on my system now and runs fine. I just uninstalled all my mods and used this zip that I made a compilation and it works fine per my directions.

NONE of these mods are my own, I have only combined and mods made by others.

included you will find

1) Keepers latest mod with drop down menu (in talking with him he has given me the instructions to add back in the info button so that is the only coding I really did here)

2) The software bypass for those complaining above that theirs no longer works (i have hardware but this software will work)

3) Gadget B1s updated SpeedCam mod via Boris M - Read the Speedcam Version 3.0 thread in order to learn how to use this mod, I have added the spud file that I uploaded to that thread, it contains many of the already known speedtraps/cams in the US you may have to modify their speed limits to make them alarm you. (use the cursor and drop down menu in keepers mod press the 3rd option down which is POI then click the one all the way to the right which is CURSOR info)

4) Carver's Nag screen mod - this knocks out some of the annoying nag screens but not all of them.

Here is the Zip it does not include testmode V2.3 which you also need make sure you read the instructions and have back ups for your current 3.0 files.

Rapidshare LInk - http://rapidshare.com/files/262138182/4 ... d.zip.html

Hey Adam-

Can you tell me what files you added/changed? I have been working on a version of your mod of keepers mod and I dont want to do it all over again. ;)