AVIC411.com

Official Firmware 3.0 Status Thread!!

Exactly! Perhaps if soo many people didnt steal, prices wouldnt be so high to begin with. Just a thought.

I will be purchasing the update on payday but I have multiple units to upgrade... and now I have to figure out which one I want to upgrade cause $70 per unit kinda sukx... So I will have a legit copy but I want to be able to put it on multiple units of mine if possible!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! Perhaps if soo many people didnt steal, prices wouldnt be so high to begin with. Just a thought.

I paid over $900 including installation for my f90bt 6 months ago. I'm sure Pioneer paid less than $50 to have the unit made in china. Come on, they got a new firmware and the only way to get it is to order it for $80. The reason why they bundle the firmware with the maps was to FORCE people to fork over more money. I hope someone will find a crack to this soon enough and we will get the free firmware that we should be getting in the first place.

I paid over $900 including installation for my f90bt 6 months ago. I'm sure Pioneer paid less than $50 to have the unit made in china. Come on, they got a new firmware and the only way to get it is to order it for $80. The reason why they bundle the firmware with the maps was to FORCE people to fork over more money. I hope someone will find a crack to this soon enough and we will get the free firmware that we should be getting in the first place.

They do have free firmware-only updates...

It's not a simple firmware update. If it were, then it would be free.

They are actually updating the navigation software (not just the maps) to improve performance. The software update costs them money, which they charge to us.

They are actually updating the navigation software (not just the maps) to improve performance. The software update costs them money, which they charge to us.

updating it to the way it was suppose to be from the start.

Just got an email the other day my update shipped...

Pioneer has become very annoying to me. I canceled that order weeks ago! I specifically asked the girl if I need a confirmation number for the cancelation because I did NOT want to be charged for it... FUCK! I will never recommend Pioneer to anyone.

A: their customer service is crap

B: their units are over priced and don't work properly

C: they charge their customer for updates on map system when they should be focusing on making the unit work

I'm happy I didn't pay the full retail because if I did I'd be even more upset. Hey pioneer if you are reading this thank you for taking my $70 and holding onto it for two weeks for me... but I already have a fucking bank!

Sorry, guys I'm just a little pissed that they are this lame. End rant.

Just got an email the other day my update shipped...

Pioneer has become very annoying to me. I canceled that order weeks ago! I specifically asked the girl if I need a confirmation number for the cancelation because I did NOT want to be charged for it... FUCK! I will never recommend Pioneer to anyone.

A: their customer service is crap

B: their units are over priced and don't work properly

C: they charge their customer for updates on map system when they should be focusing on making the unit work

I'm happy I didn't pay the full retail because if I did I'd be even more upset. Hey pioneer if you are reading this thank you for taking my $70 and holding onto it for two weeks for me... but I already have a fucking bank!

Sorry, guys I'm just a little pissed that they are this lame. End rant.

Just refuse the package when UPS/FedEx comes, they will have no choice but to refund it.

updating it to the way I hoped it was suppose to be from the start.

fixt.