AVIC411.com

Trip Computer on 3.0 (combination of NSEW and mikeinnj mods)

That worked. Thanks!! Now I have the trip computer showing on the bottom of my map and the trip computer icom showing on the right side but when i push it nothing happens. How do I make the info on the bottom dissapear and activate the trip computer icon. I would also like to intergrate the trip computer icon into my other hidden icons that Keeper made. Thanks again for all your help!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That worked. Thanks!! Now I have the trip computer showing on the bottom of my map and the trip computer icom showing on the right side but when i push it nothing happens. How do I make the info on the bottom dissapear and activate the trip computer icon. I would also like to intergrate the trip computer icon into my other hidden icons that Keeper made. Thanks again for all your help!!!

here's what i would suggest, create a layer just for the trip comp for the map,

for the button, on the onrelease part put this

yourlayername.show, yourbuttonname.hide

for you to be able to hide it add another icon on your map to hide it using this code

yourlayername.hide, your buttonname.show

let me know how it goes,

BTW, this is what i have right now for my v3

Its all done for you in the mod package I put together here:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26446

Still tying to work through this. I'm following the directions on a page 2 and I confused on #2

2. modify the 800_480/ui/main.ui file and add the imports to the end of their respective sections (the 800_480 one at the end of that chunk and the common at the end of the common chunk).

What imports are you talking about? And, what common file are you taking about?

Thanks for your help.

Bryan

If you look at that file, you will see import statements:

import "ui_pioneer/common/ui/legacy_variables.ui"

at the end of the last 800_480 import add in the 800_480 trip computer import

import "ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/msnd_800_480.ui"
import "ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/tripcomputer_800_480.ui"

likewise at the end of the common section (yes, I know there are two commons at the very, very beginning)

import "ui_pioneer/common/ui/geocoding.ui"
import "ui_pioneer/common/ui/msnd.ui"
import "ui_pioneer/common/ui/tripcomputer.ui"

One of the best things to do is download the posted data.zip and use that as an example.

I think I am more confused than ever, and I appoligize for my ingoriance but I don' t really know anything about codeing or how any of this stuff works but I think I am gettin there. Now, what is the import and where exactly would I place those files?

By the way, I do have asperations of one day actually contributing to the forum and not just sucking the life out of it. :D

I think I am more confused than ever, and I appoligize for my ingoriance but I don' t really know anything about codeing or how any of this stuff works but I think I am gettin there. Now, what is the import and where exactly would I place those files?

By the way, I do have asperations of one day actually contributing to the forum and not just sucking the life out of it. :D

the files get placed where the import says. You can get the trip computer files from the data.zip on this page (or others who have brought it into 3.0x)

Essentially it's ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/tripcomputer_800_480.ui

and ui_pioneer/common/ui/tripcomputer.ui

The main.ui file is also located in the ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/main.ui

I would definitely suggest downloading one of the .zips that already has this and look around a little. cygwin or windows grep will do wonders trying to see how things relate.

Thanks,

Ben

• 7 months later...